How Big Is Tonight!

Lindau

Looks like P and B has been down since the game finished so maybe explains why we are getting a few on here!

I mentioned instantly that I wasn't here to wind anyone up. Nothing to do with p&b and I stand by what I said.

If we do not go up, I'd be pissed off if it wasn't Thistle. The crowd, the football, the games between both teams - we've not had that with the Pars, they're boring and lacking in support.

I mentioned instantly that I wasn't here to wind anyone up. Nothing to do with p&b and I stand by what I said.

If we do not go up, I'd be pissed off if it wasn't Thistle. The crowd, the football, the games between both teams - we've not had that with the Pars, they're boring and lacking in support.

Nah, didnt mean that. You have made valid points

I have never had any less faith in a keeper to save a penalty than Scott Fox. He might as well give the taker an open goal and hope they scud it wide or over.

and how crap was he at the 1st goal as well? Having said that we had every man back for the free kick & McDonald got a free hit with nobody blocking him. Lesson should have been learned from the 1st half free kick that hit the bar. Poor defending by all

and how crap was he at the 1st goal as well? Having said that we had every man back for the free kick & McDonald got a free hit with nobody blocking him. Lesson should have been learned from the 1st half free kick that hit the bar. Poor defending by all

I noticed this on 4 free kicks. We squared it and everytime it went flying towards goal.

I've never in my life of supporting Morton seen this as successful as it was today.

Who was charging it down?

• Like 1

... the banter at the train station with the morton fans cheered me up a little. The abuse of the morton fan with the multi coloured outfit was hilarious!

Totally scunnered leaving the stadium after being two up - felt like a loss.

But the singing at the station was excellent - though you wouldn't believe that Morton are above us and came back from two goals down, with their torn-faced fans ... the banter being thrown at the poor Greenock fashionista with the orange hoodie and the lime trackies, class!

Getting off in Central station hearing the singing ringing out was brilliant too. Imagine if we'd won!

Still, it seemed to me as if Hardie made all the difference when he came on at half time (oh, if we had signed him instead ...). It felt as though we perhaps scored our second too early, because after that we just seemed to sit on the back foot, almost scared of the Morton attack.

Perhaps with Archibald playing, his experience would have helped solidify the defence?

Of course special mention to the referee, another fantastically biased performance. You could tell, with every push forward in the second half, Morton were going down for the fouls ... and they got them all. I thought the ref might keep the game going until they scored a winner. Dick. I missed the penalty as some of the seats broke in the row behind us, so I have no idea if it was deserved or not. But Murray should be ashamed of himself, if he can't keep the head there's no need to keep him in the team.

Cappilow is a disgrace. I've fallen in ditches of higher standard of that hole. That we are penniless because of the improvements we made to Firhill, while they continued to let that ground rot - I don't care if they win the league by twenty points, on general principle that 'stadium' should not be allowed in Scotland's top league.

WE WANT TO GO HOME - WE WANT TO GO HOME - GREENOCK'S A S****HOLE - WE WANT TO GO HOME!

We have a whole seated stand in storage directly behind where you were standing.

The old St Mirren stand.

Fair enough but you'll still need three other stands. I got numb feet being wedged into those seats, and the old yin sitting behind me had his seat collapse just as the penalty was given (and no, not because he was overly portly).

It would have been a fine place, a hundred years ago.

We have a whole seated stand in storage directly behind where you were standing.

The old St Mirren stand.

Not much good to anyone at today's game m8.

We have been shafted financially beyond belief tryng to meet the SPL criteria in the past.

It beggars belief that Morton could possibly play in the SPL next season.

This is something St Mirren, Thistle and many other clubs should sue there arses over should the Ton reach the SPL !

I hold no personel grudge against Morton in any way.

Fair enough but you'll still need three other stands. I got numb feet being wedged into those seats, and the old yin sitting behind me had his seat collapse just as the penalty was given (and no, not because he was overly portly).

It would have been a fine place, a hundred years ago.

I've sat in the stand once, felt like I had arthritis the next day.

The WDE is a great place to watch football, once the stand has been put in place, no worries there. You're the only club I think to even have the WDE open this season. Ton-Thistle games make it worthwhile.

Our stadium will be upto scratch easily if we win the league. Our main worry is our 'bowling green' of a pitch. Mark Farrell is easily the best groundsman in this entire country, albeit former groundsman of the Loch Lomond Golf course so he obviously knows what he's doing - but we have to dig that up for undersoil heating and the pitch may then become a worry as it's taken a while to get to the condition it's in, which is why Scotland regularly request to train on it.

People have to also remember, Douglas Rae has a serious amount of wealth behind him. Since farming 'Millions' to America and god knows how many other sweets he sells, he very well off.

The Easdales, who were at the game today again and are paying for McMenamin, own all the taxi companies in Invercylde and own McGills bus company and just bought Arriva for 15mil.

The Largs lottery winners who are forever in attendance, won 161mil and would easily help out, according to reports.

Not much good to anyone at today's game m8.

We have been shafted financially beyond belief tryng to meet the SPL criteria in the past.

It beggars belief that Morton could possibly play in the SPL next season.

This is something St Mirren, Thistle and many other clubs should sue there arses over should the Ton reach the SPL !

I hold no personel grudge against Morton in any way.

Nah, I know mate.

Our away facilities are awful. Especially if raining.

But like I said above, we are in a position where we don't require loans and agreements with financial aid if we go up. Most of it through luck and generosity but who would complain?

I've sat in the stand once, felt like I had arthritis the next day.

The WDE is a great place to watch football, once the stand has been put in place, no worries there. You're the only club I think to even have the WDE open this season. Ton-Thistle games make it worthwhile.

Our stadium will be upto scratch easily if we win the league. Our main worry is our 'bowling green' of a pitch. Mark Farrell is easily the best groundsman in this entire country, albeit former groundsman of the Loch Lomond Golf course so he obviously knows what he's doing - but we have to dig that up for undersoil heating and the pitch may then become a worry as it's taken a while to get to the condition it's in, which is why Scotland regularly request to train on it.

People have to also remember, Douglas Rae has a serious amount of wealth behind him. Since farming 'Millions' to America and god knows how many other sweets he sells, he very well off.

The Easdales, who were at the game today again and are paying for McMenamin, own all the taxi companies in Invercylde and own McGills bus company and just bought Arriva for 15mil.

The Largs lottery winners who are forever in attendance, won 161mil and would easily help out, according to reports.

Millions of friends !

Like most I'm pissed off with Murray. For an experienced player to pick up a cheap second yellow once a season is bad enough but to go and to repeat that folly is criminal. I've no idea about the first yellow, whether it was avoidable, warranted or indeed a penalty but that's largely irrelevant.

For those not there today I feel it should be said that Murray had a very good first half. His presence may well have had a lot to do with us going in a goal up. Even in the second half, when he was less effective, his distribution wasn't nearly as shaky as usual.

For 80 mins I feel Archie was more than justified playing Murray. In fact for once I don't think a Jags ordering off affected the final score. Regardless, that shouldn't hide the fact that playing the guy now looks a liability.

I think we can all agree there was a lot of ring rust today (yesterday). We'd have been a far tighter ship with those abandoned games under our belt, and would perhaps have not shrunk into a shell in the way we did.

Whatever else happens, it would be sheer insanity to play Murray against Morton ever again. He's more than proved he cannot do it. If I was in their end at the next game I'd be on his back from the second the warm up started and all you'd have to do is count down the minutes.

A pretty unsatisfactory day though I suppose getting a draw away from home while hardly playing any decent football is not a disaster. Don't like watching from behind the goal - I found it a bit difficult to figure out what was actually happening at the far end - but thought we should have done better in closing down the free kick and that Fox might have saved the shot. Too far away to make a judgement on the penalty though the absence of a major protest maybe speaks for itself.

Rather like at Firhill, Morton did well to get back in the game but I'm not a fan of their endless shelling of high balls into the box...and was disappointed at how often we hoofed the ball upfield too.

Muirhead and Balatoni defended quite well and I thought we were comfortable at 2-0 but after Morton scored it was definitely a case of hanging on and we didn't deserve more that a draw.

cheers m8,it was a great game today,we stole a point today.looking forward to going to the return match at the big ground up there.we play better on them grounds. tonup up and beyond. :evil:

I wouldn't say you stole a point. More like you picked yourselves up, threw everything at us, and got what you deserved. Another 5-10 minutes and you'd probably have scored the winner. The game at Firhill might well be the decider. From our point of view, I hope we're still in it by that stage.