Hugh Murray

erty13

Some people I've spoken to seem incessant in their defence of Murray. Strangely, these are the same folk who often questioned the worth of David Rowson, a consummate professional. I don't dispute that Murray was having a decent game on Saturday but he has let us down on a number of occasions in his short time here and could have all but ended our promotion hopes because of his downright stupidity. It matters not a toss whether the referee acted harshly in booking him for a second time - the fact an experienced professional put himself in that position, knowing he was on a yellow card, is extremely poor. His temperament is very questionable and that makes him a liability.

I'm sure the Murray fan-club will come up with some other bizarre deflection to try and justify his indiscipline. Due to numbers, he will in all likelihood appear again - if he's not suspended - and I'll support him like all the other players. However, he should have a bloody right good look at himself.

• Like 3

Some people I've spoken to seem incessant in their defence of Murray. Strangely, these are the same folk who often questioned the worth of David Rowson, a consummate professional. I don't dispute that Murray was having a decent game on Saturday but he has let us down on a number of occasions in his short time here and could have all but ended our promotion hopes because of his downright stupidity. It matters not a toss whether the referee acted harshly in booking him for a second time - the fact an experienced professional put himself in that position, knowing he was on a yellow card, is extremely poor. His temperament is very questionable and that makes him a liability.

I'm sure the Murray fan-club will come up with some other bizarre deflection to try and justify his indiscipline. Due to numbers, he will in all likelihood appear again - if he's not suspended - and I'll support him like all the other players. However, he should have a bloody right good look at himself.

If Archie hadnt played Murray from the start we more than likely would have lost Bachirou ( who is a more than decent layer) was in Murrays back pocket from the off not defending his stuidity but shit happens. Peole are saying he could have cost us the game at the end of the day he didnt who is to say that morton or indeed us wouldnt have scored if he had stayed on. Why are these people not also having a dig at Fox who looked painfully slow at the first goal or indeed at Erskine for missing his headed chance. Its all if and buts and in the past what we must do now is get right behind the team and roar them onto victory

It's not a case of the Murray fan club. As I said I gave him pelters at the game for his stupidity on Saturday.

But some of the criticism here is way over the top. He let himself down in one game, has been good in some others and average or below in the rest. That's about par for the course.

I don't see how his temperament can be judged on one moment of madness. Paton's lunge on May at Hamilton was worse and a straight red. A number of our players have discipline issues.

An absolute disgrace, Paton has picked up 6 yellow cards, that to me shows a complete lack of discipline, he should never play again... Infact he should never play in the defensive midfield roll, he never got that many at right back... Blah blah blah.

Infact, both our defensive midfielders have racked up a pile of yellow and red cards, we should never play a defensive midfielder again.

Oh wait, playing 1 or 2 defensive midfielders has been a focal point to our success! Oh shit, that doesn't suit the Murray Out brigade at all.

Or maybe we should accept that for nearly a decade we've been crying out for a central midfielder that stamps their authority on the game, wins 50/50 tackles with force and puts a fear into opposition midfielders. And accept, that with that, come yellow cards, the occasional red. And be happy we have 2 to choose from.

I for one I'm glad we've had both Murray and or Paton in there, mixing I up, winning the ball, and keeping it moving. Giving players in trouble an outball and breaking down counter attacks.

I'll be over the moon if both of them feature in some way in every game for the rest of the season. I'm pretty sure stats still show we are a better team results wise, with both of them starting, than we are without.

• Like 1

Pottytrained - occasional red card? It's 3 in the season so far

... and if he wasn't trying a leg and getting stuck in then he'd be a waste of space. We are talking about Hugh Murray; or have we now decided to get stuck into Paul Patton? When will this end? The beautiful game also needs some steel. IMO of course.

It's not a case of the Murray fan club. As I said I gave him pelters at the game for his stupidity on Saturday.

But some of the criticism here is way over the top. He let himself down in one game, has been good in some others and average or below in the rest. That's about par for the course.

I don't see how his temperament can be judged on one moment of madness. Paton's lunge on May at Hamilton was worse and a straight red. A number of our players have discipline issues.

It's great, we are getting a reputation amongst opposition fans. Not only do they hate coming to firhill, getting stuck in a corner and out sung for the first time, they also hate that we are tough tacklers who get tore in... What makes it worse is in the same breath, they have to admit we are a great footballing team.

Lets revel in it, I say. We have been crying out for years to be like this, and we finally are, lets enjoy it.

• Like 1

... and if he wasn't trying a leg and getting stuck in then he'd be a waste of space. We are talking about Hugh Murray The beautiful game also needs some steel. IMO of course.

Exactly... Our team, to play beautiful football, needs the steal to protect it, otherwise, we would just be lame ducks getting kicked about.

It's great, we are getting a reputation amongst opposition fans. Not only do they hate coming to firhill, getting stuck in a corner and out sung for the first time, they also hate that we are tough tacklers who get tore in... What makes it worse is in the same breath, they have to admit we are a great footballing team.

Lets revel in it, I say. We have been crying out for years to be like this, and we finally are, lets enjoy it.

Well Said.

Or maybe we should accept that for nearly a decade we've been crying out for a central midfielder that stamps their authority on the game, wins 50/50 tackles with force and puts a fear into opposition midfielders. And accept, that with that, come yellow cards, the occasional red.

Or maybe we should accept that opposition midfielders know that we have a potential nutcase who is easy to wind up and get sent off whenever necessary?

Or maybe we should accept that opposition midfielders know that we have a potential nutcase who is easy to wind up and get sent off whenever necessary?

I see what you're saying but don't agree. I'm of the opinion that if Murray had been with us a good while we'd be referring to him as a Thistle legend. He is a presence whilst on the pitch; and I know that I've set myself up with that last comment. As I've said, just my opinion.