New Manager!

Lindau

If Archie and Shaggy dont get the gig, what about this fella

Loved by the fans, one of the most skillful players to wear the red n yella and guided his club to promotion by winning their league last season

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwBQ&dur=671

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IS_Halmia

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Moving from a club in the fourth tier of Swedish football with an average attendance of 470 to Partick Thistle? I don't know if he would be able to lower his standards sufficiently ...

Hahaha....though cant think of too many ex jags players who have become managers and won league titles.

Hard to believe that Shaggy and Lindau never played in the same team.

Although undoubtedly talented, Lambie did not take to the big swede at all. Found out a few years later that the big man enjoyed himself a bit too much while in Glasgow, which obviously didn't go down to well with Lambie.

When he released Lindau and McNally at the end of the 00/01 season I remember thinking that we were doomed to go straight back down to division 2.

Edited by ian_mac

When he released Lindau and McNally at the end of the 00/01 season I remember thinking that we were doomed to go straight back down to division 2.

We were talking about this in the pub before the game on Saturday. I too remember being very disappointed that we never re-signed McNally who had been excellent but, if we had, we probably would never have had Shaggy. Every cloud...

We were talking about this in the pub before the game on Saturday. I too remember being very disappointed that we never re-signed McNally who had been excellent but, if we had, we probably would never have had Shaggy. Every cloud...

I always thought that McNally did a great job for us that season, but that another season would have been just a bit too much for him. So, only positive mammaries.

I used to have McNally's boot. Last game of the div 2 season he threw it into the crowd. Some wee guy caught it but he was a Rangers supporter, so he gave it to his sister. She didn't really want it so she gave it to her maths teacher who was always going on and on about thistle. He was also my maths teacher, so he gave it to me. Just had it sitting on the side for years so I eventually gave it to One Banana, I'd be really interested to see her collection now.

Paulo Di Canio's Red and Yellow Army! - http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21499926

Di Canio is a petulant wee sh*te. A real "I'm bigger than the club" type of guy. He'll no doubt get another job higher up in England but I've no doubt that he will leave on bad terms after less than a year - that's they type of guy he is.

Di Canio is a petulant wee sh*te. A real "I'm bigger than the club" type of guy. He'll no doubt get another job higher up in England but I've no doubt that he will leave on bad terms after less than a year - that's they type of guy he is.

He's got the potential to be a future Airdrie manager. "Paulo, Paulo gee us a salute"

:D

with Gordon Chisholm as his assistant?

Hopefully someone worse than Chisholm. Jim Duffy?

Jimmy Calderwood early favourite. Makes no sense as no manager would keep Dundee up this season. Would be better thinking ahead. Unfortunately Rat features down the water is unlikely to move.

Exactly. It's a too late to sack Smith and hope that his replacement can deliver survival with the current squad. Only league reconstruction could save them. :thinking: