Dunfermline Players Wages Latest.

BILL.H

Feel sorry for their genuine fans as I would just about any club.

In the ye couldnae make it up department Masterton is explaining in their website reasons for not filing audited accounts and in the same article promoting the imminent share issue. Good to see DAFC are not throwing money at a PR agency in these troubled times.

Feel sorry for their genuine fans as I would just about any club.

In the ye couldnae make it up department Masterton is explaining in their website reasons for not filing audited accounts and in the same article promoting the imminent share issue. Good to see DAFC are not throwing money at a PR agency in these troubled times.

Mastertons daughter who is employed by the club has just bought a 600k house according to pars fan

Mastertons daughter who is employed by the club has just bought a 600k house according to pars fan

Like father like daughter?

Stadia Group was founded by former Bank of Scotland treasurer and managing director Gavin Masterton ahead of his retirement. Sources claim that the circa £28m the bank lent to Masterton to fund his own start-up business did not go through the proper risk-management and credit vetting procedures. The money was lost when the venture went bust in February 2004.

Apparently The Sun are reporting tomorrow that the Pars players are considering striking on Saturday. Given the source I don't know whether to read too much into this and i'm sure the same story was doing the rounds last week. I really hope it isn't true. Can't take another postponement!

Would that not result in us being awarded 3-0 win and the 3 points?

Apparently The Sun are reporting tomorrow that the Pars players are considering striking on Saturday. Given the source I don't know whether to read too much into this and i'm sure the same story was doing the rounds last week. I really hope it isn't true. Can't take another postponement!

We would get the points though surely?

I would've thought so. I also think that suspensions would be served too.

Striking is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those Pars players to strike this Saturday. Mourn them do not. Miss the game do not. Support their stance. 3 points to us leads to jealously from the greencoks. The gods are with the Jags, they are.

Edited by yoda-jag

If they strike, they will be deducted points but the game will have to be replayed. This was confirmed last week when there were rumours about the same thing.

I hope they turn up but don't try a leg. Another midweek game would be too much.

This is my understanding of what would happen in that situation.

............if they strike,

we turn up and kick off, surely the points are ours?

did this scenario not happen to Scotland?

Knowing that mob of suits, they will move the goalposts!!

Not our fault that the games not played, we were there!!! :frantic:

Yes it did. The game was replayed in the end and finished as a 0-0 draw.

Yes it did. The game was replayed in the end and finished as a 0-0 draw.

Was at both those games. Rules stated that a 3-0 victory should be given to the team that showed up, but because the circumstances of our dispute were not specifically laid out in the rules, UEFA bottled it and said the game had to be replayed. At least it gave us the chance to go to Monte Carlo I suppose.

Was at both those games. Rules stated that a 3-0 victory should be given to the team that showed up, but because the circumstances of our dispute were not specifically laid out in the rules, UEFA bottled it and said the game had to be replayed. At least it gave us the chance to go to Monte Carlo I suppose.

Someone has even thought the matter worthy of its own Wikipedia page.

One team in Talinn.

Latest from the BBC.

"1258: BREAKING NEWS

Dunfermline players have now been paid 50% of their February salaries. This follows a meeting this morning between manager Jim Jefferies and the club's owner Gavin Masterton."

"1309: BREAKING NEWS

The PFA Scotland have just issued a statement that they have lodged a formal complaint to the Scottish Football League on behalf of Dunfermline's players over non-payment of salaries."

"1314: More from PFA Scotland chief executive Fraser Wishart: "There comes a time however when as a squad they have to make a stand and invoke their statutory rights.

"In addition to the late payment of salaries there are outstanding win bonuses and appearance monies due for quite some time.

"PFA Scotland has therefore been instructed to intimate a formal complaint to the SFL for illegal deduction of our members' salary and for breach of contract by the club."

How long can they get away with it before getting a hefty fine or points deduction?

Edited by kni

"In addition to the late payment of salaries there are outstanding win bonuses and appearance monies due for quite some time."

They must have long memories!!!

The amount of money could be substantial as Dunfermline, like us, started very well. Who can blame the players for losing heart and games when they are not getting their bonuses? These are hard times and they deserve sympathy rather than sarcastic comments. :thumbdown:

The amount of money could be substantial as Dunfermline, like us, started very well. Who can blame the players for losing heart and games when they are not getting their bonuses? These are hard times and they deserve sympathy rather than sarcastic comments. :thumbdown:

Sorry, but not one iota of sympathy from me...... until after today's game. And then, only if we win!!

Sorry, but not one iota of sympathy from me...... until after today's game. And then, only if we win!!

Players have families to support plus mortgages, rent and other bills to pay. Save your anger for the Pars board and the SFL.

Players have families to support plus mortgages, rent and other bills to pay. Save your anger for the Pars board and the SFL.

I have no anger. As promised, the Pars players now have my sympathy, and I'll be happy enough if they win several of their games between now and the end of the season. I also hope they get paid, but apart from giving them my entrance money, programme money, and a 50/50 ticket yesterday, I don't see what else I can reasonably do. They have their own supporters, at least as many as us.