Doolan Or Craig?

jagielka

is it about time doolan got the starting nod over craig? theres no doubt craig is ok when the ball drop down to him and he's got the half chance, but his lack of speed/ mobility and lack of front line work rate lets him down i think, and hes a dozy bugger getting caught offside the way he does. thats realy frustrating.. doolan has looked real sharp when he has got on and seems to have just more about him than craig. ie. a better target man and faster/sharper when the ball is over the top. just a thought. thought craigen worked his socks of today, pressure was on as he got bannigan's shirt but well done son. and wee lawless was brill. hes realy playing just now, and its connected to him getting a run in the team and NOT getting sub'ed every game. well done archie.

Competition for places certainly helps. Doolan is a proven goalscorer in our division. Craigen and Elliott benefited from their loan spells. The manager has the opportunity to rotate to keep the players fresh for the run-in and Cup Final. With 2 games week over the next month, we are likely to pick up the odd injury or suspension.

another good point to Ceaig's game is that he is prepared to come back to add his weight in defence when we have a corner against us.

Doolan for me, Craig is quite lazy compared to dools and does score but given his height advantage doesn't do much better in the air.

Time for doolans chance IMO.

Craig is infinitely better than Doolan. That is obvious.

Obviously that is fact rather than opinion or is it, or do you actually have some basis or proof of that?? Work rate of both suggests doolans better whilst Craig tries at times but OBVIOUSLY anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Sh* te.

Edited by kennymac29

Definitely Craig. Don't understand the notion of Craig being lazy, I think people are thinking this just because of his style of play. He annoys defenders and creates space for others to work. He is also the first person we have had upfront since God knows when who can hold a ball up - crucial to our style of play with wide men playing off the striker. On top of this he gives a physical presence at set pieces (defense and attack). Not forgetting he scores on a regular basis. Dools goal today came when we were cruising to victory. Craig has been getting crucial goals (Erskine has this same knack of scoring goals when they are needed).

Doolan is fine coming off the bench just now, until (if) Craig stops scoring. I think Archie will start Doolan on some midweek games to give Craig a rest in the up coming busy fixture list.

I say this as a fan of Doolan: Craig is the better player.

Craig has better positional awareness and is more confident having a pop at goal. He's not as fit, and Doolan has the pace edge on him and probably does more in terms of dropping back and supporting the team in that respect, but Doolan isn't as confident to shoot and has been less clinical.

But for the formation we adopt, it would be very interesting to see how they played alongside each other for a while actually.

Obviously that is fact rather than opinion or is it, or do you actually have some basis or proof of that?? Work rate of both suggests doolans better whilst Craig tries at times but OBVIOUSLY anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Sh* te.

Well what do you judge a striker by? "work rate"(An stupid way to judge) or by goals scored(a much more sensible way).

We know Craig has scored more goals, and I'd imagine that they both have similar game time.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that Doolan is better? Be specific.

Doolan scored his 49th goal in a Thistle shirt today. If Mark Roberts is considered a Thistle legend (and I think he probably is) then the Auchinleck Meerkat must be closing in on the same status. Steven Craig - keep doing the business and we'll think about it...

Doolan is a legend, however like Mark Roberts he was not the best striker on offer sometimes during his Thistle career.

A stupid way to judge again, by your opinion, again more facts or opinion. In my opinion I need to cast a vote to get a majority for my opinion. That we should vote for an opinion to have an opinion.

Whilst I might agree who was the better striker than m Roberts then?

?

A stupid way to judge again, by your opinion, again more facts or opinion. In my opinion I need to cast a vote to get a majority for my opinion. That we should vote for an opinion to have an opinion.

So you can't present any evidence for your claim that Doolan is better than Craig?

Whilst I might agree who was the better striker than m Roberts then?

Liam Buchanan was better than Mark Roberts.

I don't feel need to fight but who's better than Doolan or craig?

Craig is the best striker at the club.

I'm glad we fight in a positive way than we moan.

Complete deflection since you realise your statement is ridiculous.

You are clearly a Doolan fan, as am I, but we have to take the blinkers off and realise that without Craig as our main striker this season we wouldn't be anywhere near the title challenge.

You want to compare players on "trying hard". Martin Grehan tried hard, but it didn't mean he was any good.

Complete deflection since you realise your statement is ridiculous.

You are clearly a Doolan fan, as am I, but we have to take the blinkers off and realise that without Craig as our main striker this season we wouldn't be anywhere near the title challenge.

You want to compare players on "trying hard". Martin Grehan tried hard, but it didn't mean he was any good.

Pardon. I am not in the ' try hard' league. I would love to meet you as in person as my statements are considered facts in your opinion. Just coz u don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I was trying to be nice but I've lost patience.

Edited by kennymac29

Doolan for me, Craig is quite lazy compared to dools and does score

Work rate of both suggests doolans better whilst Craig tries at times

I can't be arsed comparing game time with goals.

I think doolans tried hard to get in the team.

Pardon. I am not in the ' try hard' league. I would love to meet you as in person as my statements are considered facts in your opinion. Just coz u don't agree doesn't mean I'm wrong. I was trying to be nice but I've lost patience.

You clearly are in the "try hard" camp. Strikers are judged on goals. Nothing more and nothing less. That is their job, Just because a striker runs around daft and "works hard" doesn't make him good. The key faculty of a striker is the ability to score goals, something both have been doing recently, but Craig has done more consistently throughout the season.

I apologise the tense is incorrect. Kudos to you.

Sorry, KM, I'm not trying to be funny. I am struggling to make sense of some of your statements. Having some experience of other cultural backgrounds I am wondering whether to apply different linguistic rules to your sentences, for clarity. That's all.

Sorry, KM, I'm not trying to be funny. I am struggling to make sense of some of your statements. Having some experience of other cultural backgrounds I am wondering whether to apply different linguistic rules to your sentences, for clarity. That's all.

Of course there will be a few linguistical differences!!

An embarrassment of riches.

Exactly.

But in any case it's not a case of who is better than who. We've just won a game 6-1. While Craig was on the pitch we were winning 4-0 with Craig chipping in for 1 goal. Earlier in the month the guy scores a hattrick within 33 minutes. Anyone wanting the guy dropped is seriously (looking for an inoffensive word here) eccentric.

I suppose there's an argument for playing two up front but that would likely mean dropping Erskine, Bannigan or Lawless. The counter to that would be why change a winning side? One thing we're blessed with is a fantastic team ethic with no prima donnas. I tend to believe that Kris Doolan, a guy who has plenty of faith in his ability, will understand exactly why he's not in the starting line up.