Just In From Cowdenbeath

jags on tour

excellent performance from Thistle tonight, clinical finishing from Dools, aided by Colin Stewart! Stewart seemed to take too much time controlling the ball, Dools chased him down and the ball broke to SOD to roll into an empty net. 2nd goal was a Jags corner by Craigan into the front post, it was flicked on and Dools was standing at the back post to roll in. the 2nd half was a bit scrappy but with Balatoni and Muirhead solid at the back we never looked like conceding all night. Dools beat the centre back for pace running in on goal and the boy was shown a red card, Sincy then smashed a free kick through the wall and Stewart made a cracking save. 3rd goal came from Erskine on a mesmerising run at their defence, rolled it out wide for Lawless who rifled a low curler but Stewart made another good save to parry it up into the air only for the tremendous Doolan to nod it into the empty net. Paton was tackled on the hw line but played on for the first half and was subbed, it didnt look too serious touch wood, he was like a man possessed tonight. Special mentions for Welshy,Lawless ,Erskine and Craigan, they were superb, Craigan looks like a class act. everyone seems to be taking their chance when they come into the team, I wouldnt be dropping Craigen anytime soon, Bannigan came on second half and breezed it, and Dools scoring 2 and making one. tremendous!

Edited by jags on tour
  • Like 3

Craigen. :innocent2:

Apart from that, brilliant. Glad to hear Paton seems OK. It's fantastic that we've got so many players contributing. Craigen having a great game, Doolan having an even better one, we've had Elliott doing well off the bench, Muirhead and Balatoni look unbeatable, Fox has been assured, Bannigan's broke into the U21's, Craig's won us points, Erskine's won us points, Lawless's won us points...it's brilliant.

And I've not even mentioned the likes of Welsh, O'Donnell and Sinclair. What a season this has been. What a team we've got, seriously.

was great to see the whole team up for it tonight and they did themselves proud. For me a special mention has to go to Doolan Craigan and Erskine who imo were all immense. Given that the park was sodden and there was little or no bounce i thought some of our passing and moving was brilliant---monajags

"everyone seems to be taking their chance when they come into the team"

I said that at half time, players coming in are making it difficult for them to be dropped. Great performance all round, more of the same on Saturday I hope!!! Hope Paton is ok, he had an excellent 1st half

Hello from a new member

With me living in Cyprus it's great that we get live text commentary on the official site - I never miss a match even though tonight it was a 10pm kick off for me - c'mon the Jags

Welcome, Greg, now get a good night's sleep and get down the bank first thing tomorrow. :thumbsup2:

Just read a report on STV online that starts with...

The hosts dominated possession in the early stages, but were unable to make the most of the pressure in an opening 20 minutes
Maybe I'm having a senior moment but i thought part of our success tonight was that we hit the ground running. Unlike the abandoned game we didn't give Cowden a scrap early on and dominated possession mostly in their half. Anyway even if the STV bloke is correct we were clinical tonight.

Thought Muirhead a stand out in defence. Impressed with the number of headers Welsh won in midfield. He really has a knack of getting above the ball to knock it down to feet. Doolan I thought played a "Craig" type role, more central and less drifting wide, and was excellent. All in all a very satisfactory night.

• Like 1

What does it mean, comfortable win at Central Park? I only found out this evening. Welsh, Doolan, Muirhead all immense tonight. Pressed the game early on and then bossed it from then on in. Stevie Lawless not at his best, and after he got booked (frustrated more than anything else) Archie was right to sub him. Big Jags support with a great atmosphere all crammed into the shed, particularly in the second half when Cowden were having a go at us. Special mention of the fish tea in Dino's up from the ground before - excellent, great tea.

Oh and we seem to be top of the League!

Just read a report on STV online that starts with...

Maybe I'm having a senior moment but i thought part of our success tonight was that we hit the ground running. Unlike the abandoned game we didn't give Cowden a scrap early on and dominated possession mostly in their half. Anyway even if the STV bloke is correct we were clinical tonight.

I pulled the STV guy up about that on twitter. His excuse was that they take their reports from the Press Association.

I wonder what game the Press Association guy was at then?

We were superb tonight.

It is clear that Archie & Shaggy had learned their lesson from Foggate. None of the slackness and inviting Cowden on to us.

From the first whistle we were on the front foot and taking the game to Cowden. Paton was absolutlely immense in the 1st half and I hope he was only taken off as a precaution.

Thought the defence was excellent. Erskine was, at times, unplayable and Doolan had a sensational game. Harried that diddy Stewart into his mistake for SOD's opener then helped himself to 2 goals (and got the Cowden player sent off for pulling him back when he was clean through on goal)

If we can play like that on Saturday again, that would be brilliant :thumbsup2:

Hello from a new member

With me living in Cyprus it's great that we get live text commentary on the official site - I never miss a match even though tonight it was a 10pm kick off for me - c'mon the Jags

Hope your money's safe!

Paul Paton, yet again magnificent. I just hope the knock that stopped him playing the second half doesn't keep him out for Saturday as that would be a huge loss. Great atmosphere in their wee shed and we made the 12th man count, must have been 600 Jags. A bigger turnout on Saturday and we could make some racket and help the boys past the finishing line. The deserved winding up of Colin Stewart was brilliant, hope he's not been dropped for Saturday.

Archie got the tactics spot on and the general consensus was a 'professional' performance, also great to see yet another clean sheet. 100% effort from the whole team wether or not things came off they just stuck at it and eventually forced the breaks through hard work and tanacity, oh yeah and a dodgy keeper helped :) In fairness to Stewart, he had 2 outstanding saves in the second half from a Sinclair free kick (the sending off incident) and a Lawless curler.

For anyone going on Saturday, would recommend 'Wee Jimmy's' for a pint, nice and friendly.