Queen Of The South Are Champions Of Division Two

kni

It will be tough - any team used to winning as much as they have been doing will feel invincible. Hopefully we will too for the same reasons.

What sort of football do they play? If it's 'proper' then there should be a great game, given what we do. If it's 'agricultural' then this will suit us less - although under Archie we seem to be far more resilient against such tactics.

I was working at the game last night, not really familiar with their players (I'm sure I saw a 'Young' brother on the bench) but they played some good passing football. One of their goals (third I think) was a particularly thistle-esque passing move from back to front.

Spoke to a few of their fans who were all a nice bunch and they fancy their chances in the final. If both sides play to their potential it will be a cracker

Queens are a very good footballing side that like to play it on the ground and attack is best means of defence. Derek young was on bench last night but will be playing in the final, been a great signing.

Really looking forward to this game should be a cracker!!

Good luck to you in the 1st div title race.

If Derek Young is one of their best players, we should be alright.

He was finished when he was with us 5 years ago. Christ knows how he got a move to Aberdeen at the time. Must had had blackmail photo's of Calderwood.

Personally, I'd be more worried about Nicky Clark although hopefully Muirhead & Balatoni will be at the top of their game.

Dont think the 2nd div standard is up to much so i see it as a bit hollow, all i know is that they were rubbish in the !st div last year when they went down, cant believe they've improved so drastically in one season !!

Think they've brought in a few new players - mainly from 1st division sides - so that may have helped but obviously with a relegated side the big thing is confidence. So their manager deserves credit for instilling that.

Sevco's form this season has been outrageously embarrassing. To have players typically on £X thousand per week, and playing home games in front of c.47,000, yet dropping 20 points thus far to clubs who are paying way short of £100 per week is a scandal. While it pleases me no end, the hvn faithful have to accept that, on that sort of form, they're not in the top 15 or so clubs in Scotland.

Long may their cringeworthy 'form' continue. I hope Green gets his wish and they get out of Scottish football, and proceed to take the Evo Stik Division 1 by storm!

Dont think the 2nd div standard is up to much so i see it as a bit hollow, all i know is that they were rubbish in the !st div last year when they went down, cant believe they've improved so drastically in one season !!

Ditching Gus MacPherson and appointing Alan Johnston seems to have helped. Also they are the only full-time club in SFL2. Still, they won their league in style and will provide our stiffest test in the remainder of our season.

Ditching Gus MacPherson and appointing Alan Johnston seems to have helped. Also they are the only full-time club in SFL2. Still, they won their league in style and will provide our stiffest test in the remainder of our season.

:lol:

No. They are a mid-table SFL1 team. We've cuffed mid-table SFL1 teams all season, should be capable of banging a few past them.

:lol:

No. They are a mid-table SFL1 team. We've cuffed mid-table SFL1 teams all season, should be capable of banging a few past them.

What makes you say a mid table 1st div side we have already beat hibs, Morton & sevco on there patch and only narrowly lost to Dund utd 1 nil thud season

What makes you say a mid table 1st div side we have already beat hibs, Morton & sevco on there patch and only narrowly lost to Dund utd 1 nil thud season

Because looking at the squad you have I'd place you better than Hamilton, Dumbarton, Cowdenbeath, Airdrie. I'd also place you above Dunfermline of now, but not the one up to Christmas. You are weaker than Thistle, Morton, Livingston, Falkirk and probably equal with Raith.

One off cup results do not mean you are a side better than you are.

All I've been hearing for months from my mate is how great Queens are, how they are going to do us in the final yada yada yada. Fact is, they have been playing against total diddy teams all season and haven't played a competitive game against a decent side for months.

I'm not making any bold predictions but lets see how they handle Erskine, Lawless, Doolan & Craig