Jackie Mac - Out Of Order !

Harry Wragg

The issue I have is that he seemingly owes thistle 80k. Now that money could be potentially used to resign Paton, erskine and so on.

I also think he is starting to get worried that we could go up and maybe Paton and erskine will stay or they will go to bigger clubs than DU! Remember they are cutting back and are certain to lose some good players in the summer! Might be a tough year for him next season

Haven't seen the article but...

I have it on good authority that there are other clubs -of bigger stature than DU- are interested in Paton.

As for Erskine, him & JM aren't as close as what Paton & JM are reported to be so I'd be very surprised if Erskine was to leave that he'd end up there.

realy! who are these clubs? were did you get this information, taxi driver.

That reads as if you're somehow blaming Thistle for the fact that the tim McNamara is refusing to pay compensation that he owes the club. How come?

what has the fact he's a tim got to do with anything? if he was something else would he be acting different.

I have absolutely no problem with anyone having ambition or moving to clubs for more money etc.What sticks in my throat regarding McNamara is the fact he used us,pure and simple.What he forgets is thistle took a gamble appointing an un-tried manager and yes,he (eventually) put together a fine team but without thistle he would be another old pro playing out his days in the lower leagues living on past glories.My point is the very least he owed us was the season and he cast us aside the first chance that came his way.And for that and with all the news coming out regarding tapping our players at this stage of our season the man will always be a scumbag in my eyes.

If and when Paton or Erskine were to leave I would be gutted but they've earned their stripes at firhill and they would go with my thanks and respect.

Us not receiving the £80k should not be a reason for not offering new contracts. If we believe the contract we had with Jackie is 'watertight' & we are 100% due the money then I don't see a problem with spending the money in anticipation of receiving the payment, or a director loans the club £80k until we are paid the money.

Us not receiving the £80k should not be a reason for not offering new contracts. If we believe the contract we had with Jackie is 'watertight' & we are 100% due the money then I don't see a problem with spending the money in anticipation of receiving the payment, or a director loans the club £80k until we are paid the money.

I understand what you're saying there, 1JL, but there's always the risk of having to fork out legal fees to force the rascal to cough up. That could be a deterrent to what you're suggesting. Otherwise I'd agree.

I repeat my comments when he left Thistle. He moved for purely selfish reasons and remember this is the guy who left Celtic immediately after receiving a benefit game.

Scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was out of contract at Celtic and no one made him an offer as Strachan was yet to start.

I remember reading he was in the car heading south to sign for Wolves when Strachan finally got in touch, but McNamara chose to commit to Wolves as he had a verbal agreement.

The fact he had just had a benefit match is irrelevant; his contract had expired and Celtic had shown no interest in offering a new deal.

I understand what you're saying there, 1JL, but there's always the risk of having to fork out legal fees to force the rascal to cough up. That could be a deterrent to what you're suggesting. Otherwise I'd agree.

If we win, McNamara will have to pay our legal fees. The risk is that we lose...

They have been quoted to have £60million of outstanding debt. No luck Elvis.

And gone from challenging for playoff spots, to 14th, and almost in relegation fight. Double no luck :evil:

I think Paton himself would be silly to tie himself up to a pre-contract deal before the seasons end , be in a much better position to bargain with a title medal and cup medal in his CV

As would any of our players.

Look, the issue is not with him leaving. The issue is how he went about it. He is trying to back out of a binding contract to pay Partick Thistle compensation that they are due. That means he is trying to diddle every one of us who hold this club dear.

I've also no issue with him trying to sign players. However, he is trying to negociate signing our players at a time when our players do not need the distraction. If he does this at the end of the season, then fine. The fact that he is doing this when we are fighting for a league and in a cup final, is downright disrespectful.

The man is a snake.

^^this^^

The issue I have is that he seemingly owes thistle 80k. Now that money could be potentially used to resign Paton, erskine and so on.

I also think he is starting to get worried that we could go up and maybe Paton and erskine will stay or they will go to bigger clubs than DU! Remember they are cutting back and are certain to lose some good players in the summer! Might be a tough year for him next season

^^and especially this^^

As it is, if we do go up, and somehow manage to keep this group of players (and mates) together, i don't see any reason why we can't challenge likes of Scumdee Utd, and on any given day, feel this current crop of players we have (with a few additions - strengthening the depth and backup), could beat any team in the speehell if they play to their best. Apart from the Green Arse Cheek, most teams are much of a muchness in our top league. We shouldn't fear no one if we can keep this group of players together - you can see the bond they have on social media and on park, and how they have a real togetherness and get on fabulously.

First things first, win the league ..... and IF we do, then the club (and support) has to get their collective arses in gear asap to back the players and do everything we can to keep as many of them here for 2013/14. That means the club pulling in sponsors, fans taking up ST's as early as possible, and ensuring togther the club can make the best possible offers to the curent squad (and a few additions).

I would love to see our current crop stick together for at least another season if we make it to the speehell. I think they could surprise a good number of people.

OneThistle

OneTeamInGlasgow

OneLove

• Like 1

He was out of contract at Celtic and no one made him an offer as Strachan was yet to start.

I remember reading he was in the car heading south to sign for Wolves when Strachan finally got in touch, but McNamara chose to commit to Wolves as he had a verbal agreement.

The fact he had just had a benefit match is irrelevant; his contract had expired and Celtic had shown no interest in offering a new deal.

Half correct.

He was in car heading south to sign for Wolves when the Green Arse Cheek got in touch, and McNamoney said he would turn the car round and sign for them if they paid him twice what Wolves were offering him.

Suffice to say, the swift answer from the east end of Glasgow was a two letter word. Thats why he carried on to commit to Wolves.

Ambition?

What show's the most ambition? Trying to take a team built on glass cheques and potential to a cup final victory and promotion. Then trying to keep that team together, improve it on a shoe string budget, and keep them in the top league... or moving to a club where you'll be hailed as a hero if you finish 2nd in the league and win a game in europe?

He didn't need to go to united to show he's a good manager.

C**t

Key moan eh Thhheeeeeeeeselllllllllll!!!!!

:fan:

I don't really see what is wrong with a manager of another company telling someone he's headhunted that there's a time limit on a decision whether or not to join his company. That's got hee haw to do with the compo issue.

what about when the compo they owe the other company may allow them to keep that person they are headhunting?

Will D UTD pay up after they've signed Paton and/or any of of other players. This is dodgey in the extreme

Wouldn't be impressed if I was Paton by being rushed into making a decision like that quickly by having a time limit put on it either .If JMac wanted him that much he could wait.

Horrible, Horrible timing from MacNamara,he may be doing what he thinks best for United but very disrepectful to a club for whom he played and managed.

what about when the compo they owe the other company may allow them to keep that person they are headhunting?

Will D UTD pay up after they've signed Paton and/or any of of other players. This is dodgey in the extreme

Wouldn't be impressed if I was Paton by being rushed into making a decision like that quickly by having a time limit put on it either .If JMac wanted him that much he could wait.

Horrible, Horrible timing from MacNamara,he may be doing what he thinks best for United but very disrepectful to a club for whom he played and managed.

Paul Paton has not long been on twitter saying the story that he has signed a pre-contract is a lie

Edited by jaggybunnet

Haven't seen the article but...

I have it on good authority that there are other clubs -of bigger stature than DU- are interested in Paton.

As for Erskine, him & JM aren't as close as what Paton & JM are reported to be so I'd be very surprised if Erskine was to leave that he'd end up there.

I think you'll find that Erskin and JM have already had discussions

I think you'll find that Erskin and JM have already had discussions

From a footballing perspective, I think that Utd would be a bad move for Erskine given that he would probably be seen by their fans as a replacement for Mackay-Steven who will likely leave in the transfer window and is a totally different style of winger.

If the Jags win the court case, then he will have to stump up the legal costs, no?

And gone from challenging for playoff spots, to 14th, and almost in relegation fight. Double no luck :evil:

As would any of our players.

^^this^^

^^and especially this^^

As it is, if we do go up, and somehow manage to keep this group of players (and mates) together, i don't see any reason why we can't challenge likes of Scumdee Utd, and on any given day, feel this current crop of players we have (with a few additions - strengthening the depth and backup), could beat any team in the speehell if they play to their best. Apart from the Green Arse Cheek, most teams are much of a muchness in our top league. We shouldn't fear no one if we can keep this group of players together - you can see the bond they have on social media and on park, and how they have a real togetherness and get on fabulously.

First things first, win the league ..... and IF we do, then the club (and support) has to get their collective arses in gear asap to back the players and do everything we can to keep as many of them here for 2013/14. That means the club pulling in sponsors, fans taking up ST's as early as possible, and ensuring togther the club can make the best possible offers to the curent squad (and a few additions).

I would love to see our current crop stick together for at least another season if we make it to the speehell. I think they could surprise a good number of people.

OneThistle

OneTeamInGlasgow

OneLove

I think you should be congratulated on the progress you've made in speaking our Earthly language.

Pretty sure a PC isn't binding anyway? Obviouly not in the players best interest though to sign one then renege on it.

Depending on the terms of a PCA you might be personally liable (financially) for not honouring it, but it's not a binding commitment to having you registered as a player for the other club. It's a bit like missives are to the buying of a house: nae deeds and nae title registration means nae property, but they can sue you for breach of contract.