Favourite Jags Song This Season

LambieIsGod

I somehow can't quite take to 'Maryhill is Wonderful', should be 'Firhill' instead, but 'Love Of My Life' is a cracker ... However, in almost 30 years of watching the Jags, I've never before heard the 'Sh*te for sh*te' chant when the opposition made a sub. That gave me a giggle.

I somehow can't quite take to 'Maryhill is Wonderful', should be 'Firhill' instead, but 'Love Of My Life' is a cracker ... However, in almost 30 years of watching the Jags, I've never before heard the 'Sh*te for sh*te' chant when the opposition made a sub. That gave me a giggle.

Firhill is our stadium but Maryhill is our home. It is a brilliant song celebrating the community. You should have heard it in the Star & Garter last night, very poignantly sung by proud locals.

I thought the "Maryhill is Wonderful" song was beatifully sung yesterday. But didn't catch all the words. What are they?

Oh Maryhill is wonderful

Oh Maryhill is wonderful

It is the home of Partick Thistle

Oh Maryhill is wonderful

I like the slow first rendering, but not so much when it speeds up into an unintelligible rammy.

Been meaning to ask this for a while, why did we sing Gerry Britton is the King of Spain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fheH4_Q3Jxo

Britton is nicknamed 'The King of Spain' by the Firhill faithful which is believed to come from fans copying the adulation of Celtic supporters calling Henrik Larsson 'The King of Kings'.

Quote: The Scotsman

Edited by Tob Jag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fheH4_Q3Jxo

Britton is nicknamed 'The King of Spain' by the Firhill faithful which is believed to come from fans copying the adulation of Celtic supporters calling Henrik Larsson 'The King of Kings'.

Quote: The Scotsman

lol. my mum was speaking to Gerry's Aunt today. His Aunt had no idea of the fact that he was called the King of Spain !

I have enjoyed all the signing this season with the exception of one song. The one about the crap comedian. As far as I know, he had no links with Partick Thistle or football in general. Very silly.

What you on about Willis?

i do like a funny random chant

a team in england used to chant "would you like a piece of cake?"

The police were worried cos they thought it was an agressive code for fighting. The fans started turning up at games with pieces of cake - mental !

and totally random

Reminds me of one about bread sung by Stoke fans when I was at the FA cup semi. Ended with big loaves small loaves some as big as your head.

Suddenly, there were loaves flying all over the top tier of the stand.