Motherwell Fans Boycotting Dundee Utd

ThickAsThieves

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=13625&st=0

Just chatting to a mate there, said he's going to Fir Park tonight for the match as there's a boycott of Tannadice among the support. Apparantely, they refused fans entry, and flags/banners/drums were not allowed in. You can read more about it in the link provided - close to 100 fans refused entry last season including a busload of people. Motherwell fans say:

"For what reason it is unknown although we pinpoint the reasons following lengthy discussions with the stewards on the day as being; the flags were too big, no drums are allowed and it looked like a group of fans that fancied a song or two… imagine that at the football?"

Something to think about when we travel to Tannadice next season then as I know we have a few flags at away matches...

http://www.steelmeno...opic=13625&st=0

Just chatting to a mate there, said he's going to Fir Park tonight for the match as there's a boycott of Tannadice among the support. Apparantely, they refused fans entry, and flags/banners/drums were not allowed in. You can read more about it in the link provided - close to 100 fans refused entry last season including a busload of people. Motherwell fans say:

"For what reason it is unknown although we pinpoint the reasons following lengthy discussions with the stewards on the day as being; the flags were too big, no drums are allowed and it looked like a group of fans that fancied a song or two… imagine that at the football?"

Something to think about when we travel to Tannadice next season then as I know we have a few flags at away matches...

Sheesh. If Dundee Utd are turning paying customers away because they have flags and drums then it is no wonder they are so skint that they have been reduced to signing other team's players on the cheap.

Nonsense. We should be going to support our team, encouraging them to get it right up Judas Jackie.

Whilst I appreciate it would do the team good to get support, I think they'll understand why fans don't want to pay a penny towards dundee united,especially if its going to contribute to paying for Casalinuovo never mind the 80K we're owed.

Boycotts are for Sevconian knuckle-draggers and the plastic-republicans of the Green Brigade.

We're Partick Thistle, we're better than that!*

*imo(in my opinion).

Theres a big difference between boycotting cos you don't get your own way with a persecution complex and having a legitimate dispute where you are being 100% shafted.We're partick thistle and we are not doormats.