New Contracts

Alzer1986

If he's singled Dowie out then it looks like he wants to keep McMillan, which is great news. Whether he accepts or not is a different matter, but Archie seems to know exactly how big a jump the SPL is and what we need to do to adapt to it.

Think it again strengthens the argument that we'll need more than 6 new bodies in though.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

If he's singled Dowie out then it looks like he wants to keep McMillan, which is great news. Whether he accepts or not is a different matter, but Archie seems to know exactly how big a jump the SPL is and what we need to do to adapt to it.

Think it again strengthens the argument that we'll need more than 6 new bodies in though.

Maybe around 6 new faces of our own and a couple of players on loan?

Perhaps mate. The way I see it, the BARE MINIMUM is 7 additions.

We need 1 goalkeeper.

On the, by no means certain, presumption that we sign O'Donnell AND McMillan: We'll still need 2 new defenders in.

We need 1 midfielder to replace Paton.

We need at least 1 wide player to replace Erskine.

We need 2 strikers.

If we bump it up to 2 midfielders and 2 wide players - that's 9. Whether we could afford that or not, is debatable. I'd imagine, as you say, we'll dip our toes into the loan market for a couple of them.

Yeh it seems like Archie knows what hes doing. Very professional for his first close season. Looking positive.

Yes, agree. Reading some of the stuff about Archie recently (and what he's said himself) it seems he was quite involved with planning and organising things at the start of last season - so he wasn't just a player who was doing a bit of coaching, he was definitely an important part of the management/coaching team. And obviously was paying close attention to what was working/not working for us throughout the season.

We definitely need another keeper. Tuffey would do.

At the moment the only defenders we have for defo are Muirhead, Balatoni, and Sinclair. If SOD and McMillan leave then we need at least four defenders.

We need a replacement for Paton, and potentially one more centre mid, if they'll lift the standard.

I think we need a replacement for Erskine and another winger. I don't think Lawless, Elliott and one more is enough for the two wing positions.

And if Doolan leaves, I think we probably need three strikers.

Worst case scenario we might require 11 in, but we'll need to see who leaves

We definitely need another keeper. Tuffey would do.

At the moment the only defenders we have for defo are Muirhead, Balatoni, and Sinclair. If SOD and McMillan leave then we need at least four defenders.

We need a replacement for Paton, and potentially one more centre mid, if they'll lift the standard.

I think we need a replacement for Erskine and another winger. I don't think Lawless, Elliott and one more is enough for the two wing positions.

And if Doolan leaves, I think we probably need three strikers.

Worst case scenario we might require 11 in, but we'll need to see who leaves

Ive not read anywhere that Elliot has been given a new deal and his contract is up

The next couple of weeks will be important with new contracts offered and responses yet to be clear

Clubs monitoring our players will need to offer or shut up

Interest in Bannigan,Muirhead,Doolan,Balatoni and now wee Lawless

Players wil need their break and I am sure our squad will take shape in the next few weeks

Your views

It would have been easy for Archie as a rookie manager to stick with Dowie & Craig as 'easy options', knowing what they were capable of. I would say it's a risk not keeping Dowie especially, he'd have been a decent backup but delighted that he's not afraid to make decisions & obviously believes there's better (probably younger) players out there available for the same money.

It would have been easy for Archie as a rookie manager to stick with Dowie & Craig as 'easy options', knowing what they were capable of. I would say it's a risk not keeping Dowie especially, he'd have been a decent backup but delighted that he's not afraid to make decisions & obviously believes there's better (probably younger) players out there available for the same money.

Releasing Craig and Dowie suggests that Archie has replacements lined up. He will need a larger squad - extra goalkeeper, right-back, left-back and centre-back at least.

Apparently SOD has been getting daily injections over last month or so, so it really does not surprise he is not in squad today

So he could have aggravated his injury. McMillan's illness would have forced Archie to risk him when he could/should have been rested.

I think the inference from Archie's preview is that all the players apart from Craig and Dowie will be offered something.

That is a point. Someone who hasn't really quite broken through yet might be willing to take a lesser deal (though a bit better than current one) for the chance of playing in the SPL. Thus not a big expense. But that's just guessing.

My gut feeling is that Archie has players lined up and will probably be announced once this season is over

But I really hope that he gets Doolan signed up soon

Dools in the Record today saying that he will not be discussing a new contract with the club until the season is over. Well Kris, its over now.....sign on the dotted line for another two years! You know it makes sense

• Like 1

Dools in the Record today saying that he will not be discussing a new contract with the club until the season is over. Well Kris, its over now.....sign on the dotted line for another two years! You know it makes sense

You are assuming that he will be offered a new 2 year deal. I would not bet on it.

McMillan said IF was to be his last game....

Would suggest that he's either not had something offered by club (would doubt that to be case) or he's hedging his bets to see if something better comes along. Rumours of a return to Sevco rife.

Not quite sure what this means though looking at some of his tweets it looks like a lot of Sevco fans want him back there!! Jordan McMillan@jordox24x 1h ��Season over gutted for ma boys at DAFC in playoffs have more than enough tho I am sure if was my last game for thistle appreciated it all ��

Id interpret this as

Season Over

Gutter for ma boys at DAFC in playoffs (they) have than enough tho I am sure

If was my last game for this thistle (I) appreciated it all