First Signing Today....

javeajag

The fact that May is still young enough that St Johnstone will get compensation provided they offer him a contract means him being out of contract is largely irrelevant. May being at the club for so long means the compensation due would be too much for us and you only have to look at Bradford being shafted recently to know the board won't risk going to a tribunal.

Indeed. Saints have asked County for £200k to tear up Brittain's PCA. They will not let May go on the cheap but might be interested in swap deal for one of our top players. It's going to be a long pre-season!

Would love to see Harkins and May sign, don't think we will but it depends how much we can push the boat out. We seem to be financially very stable now so perhaps can push on other SPL clubs wages. Graham is a good signing, probably not a first choice striker but certainly causes teams defenses nightmares and chases every ball. Appeared to run out of steam most second halfs but I guess that is down to his work rate.

As far as Doolan is concerned, I'd rather we get May and Harkins. May has scored 25 goals for a crap, defensive, Hamilton team and Harkin's record since joining Dundee (16 points to Kilmarnock's 10 points) speaks volumes.

May's contract with Saints expires in June according to Sky Sports. He scored a lot of league goals in a mediocre team - more than Doolan and Craig together.

I think you have to put that in context. Doolan and Craig virtually never played together, and scored about 30 goals between them. That means we got 30 goals this season from a single position (our number 9, main striker). Effectively Doolan and Craig's combined record is comparable to and as impressive as Stevie May's.

I think you have to put that in context. Doolan and Craig virtually never played together, and scored about 30 goals between them. That means we got 30 goals this season from a single position (our number 9, main striker). Effectively Doolan and Craig's combined record is comparable to and as impressive as Stevie May's.

That is one of the best things I've read on the forum in a while.

Is this the same Brian Graham who said he was going to do his best to make sure Morton won the league cos they were the best team in the league and would be worthy champions ? Sorry Brian but my memory is a bit better than a lot of folk on here.I for one will not be welcoming you to Firhill.

Is this the same Brian Graham who said he was going to do his best to make sure Morton won the league cos they were the best team in the league and would be worthy champions ? Sorry Brian but my memory is a bit better than a lot of folk on here.I for one will not be welcoming you to Firhill.

Really? He was probably asked a question based upon the fact that he played for them, and answered accordingly.

I'd rather look to the fact that he had a good scoring record against Morton, which assisted our promotion effort!

No. He didn't say that.

Even if he's banging goals in for us????????

Aye right!!!!!!! :lol:

When he said that he was a former Morton player, and no doubt still friends with a lot of that morton team. Absolutely no problem with him saying he wanted them to win the league. Id expect him to say that hopes Raith Rovers or Morton win the first division next year