Developments At Other Clubs....

Jaggernaut

Hearts have had their registration ban extended until 1 February i.e. from now til end of season they'll only be able to sign u21 players and, from 1 Feburary, free agents.

I think we can all agree this is A Good Thing.

Will it matter? Is there not a good chance they will be liquidated?

Will it matter? Is there not a good chance they will be liquidated?

We could be playing God with them. If they've not gained ground on us (or I suppose any other club towards the bottom of the league) by say December then the likelihood of relegation is so much stronger. Perhaps the attraction of rescuing a club almost certainly destined for the 2nd tier would then be less attractive. Rescuing a club with a better chance of remaining in the top flight would be more attractive. And one way of doing that would be if you could strengthen in January.

So I think it matters to the point that today's judgment makes coming out of administration not so appealing.

Not really relevant but the Binos have signed David Weatherston. It's only a couple or so seasons ago he was ripping us to shreds and I don't think I'd be too far off the mark in saying we couldn't afford to sign him. We were looking for a bit of pace and Weatherston was about the nippiest around the 1st Division.

• Like 1

Not really relevant but the Binos have signed David Weatherston. It's only a couple or so seasons ago he was ripping us to shreds and I don't think I'd be too far off the mark in saying we couldn't afford to sign him. We were looking for a bit of pace and Weatherston was about the nippiest around the 1st Division.

I hate it when you think that player has been about for donkeys, he must be getting past it now anyway, only to find that he's younger than you.

:(

Tommy Wright has confirmed Peterborough's interest in Stevie May but insists St Johnstone's valuation of the player has not yet been met.

The League One outfit have been linked with a £250,000 bid for the 20-year-old striker.

But Wright told BBC Scotland: "The offer is nowhere near £250,000. The offer is, I would say, quite insulting.

"Maybe Peterborough think they can come up across the border and get somebody on a steal. It isn't going to happen."

Edited by kni

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting to see the mixed fortunes of two Scottish mangers this week. David Weir sacked by Sheffield United but Steven Pressley doing really well at Coventry. It's not as though he's had his problems to seek; Coventry are in administration and had 15 points deducted at the start of the season. They no longer have a home ground playing in Northampton 35 miles away. However, they have managed to pick up 25 points and now sit quite comfortable in the table. (Thank God, Hearts haven't done this). So well done Steven Pressley and I have to admit I was surprised when Coventry went for him as I thought he had done nothing at Falkirk.

Interesting to see the mixed fortunes of two Scottish mangers this week. David Weir sacked by Sheffield United but Steven Pressley doing really well at Coventry. It's not as though he's had his problems to seek; Coventry are in administration and had 15 points deducted at the start of the season. They no longer have a home ground playing in Northampton 35 miles away. However, they have managed to pick up 25 points and now sit quite comfortable in the table. (Thank God, Hearts haven't done this). So well done Steven Pressley and I have to admit I was surprised when Coventry went for him as I thought he had done nothing at Falkirk.

surprised at Weir, as he was apparently the 'most likely to' but maybe he'll recover with a Scottish club.

Pressley for all his rubbish at times, has actually spoken a lot of sense over the past few years, and I think he seems a decent guy and maybe he will turn out to be a decent manager.