Developments At Other Clubs....

Jaggernaut

Morton have signed Andy Barrowman. Good news for us. I had a horrible feeling we were going to sign him.

Looking for an excuse for an early malt. That'll do fine :thumbsup2:

Meantime St Mirren are apparently no longer after Doris. I'm told he could be a good signing. Evidently he's been playing in too low a league and there's a reasonable amount of opinion feel he could play in SPL. .

Hearts on bbc saying that they wouldn't rule out becoming a "newco".

Maybe every club in Scotland should go down the newco route? That way we all start from scratch, debt free?

What an absolute joke. If hearts die then that's it. Any hearts newco should not be permitted entry straight into the 3rd division.

Hearts on bbc saying that they wouldn't rule out becoming a "newco".

Maybe every club in Scotland should go down the newco route? That way we all start from scratch, debt free?

What an absolute joke. If hearts die then that's it. Any hearts newco should not be permitted entry straight into the 3rd division.

The 3rd Division is no longer the bottom tier. Newco could/should start in the Lowland League with Tynecastle and Spartans.

ETA that the debts to the Lithuanians banks are secured on Tynecastle. Unless there is a deal done soon, Hearts may not even have a ground for next season.

Edited by kni

Why should a Hearts Newco be denied entry when it was allowed for the Rangers Newco? Right or wrong, the precedent has been set.

Not by the SPFL. So not strictly any precedent.

Know little about the Hearts situation but I understand the fear of a newco is more to do with delay factors re what's happening with their major creditor and shareholder. I suppose that's so common in the normal business world. Most of us will know, or at least have heard of, some local business going to the wall due to some sort of chain reaction.

Hearts are not to be pitied but their situation is far more excusable than that lot last year. It was said at the time that letting sevco into the fourth tier could lead to future fair justice problems. Why should a newco start off in a fourth tier when there's now a fifth? Does the top club due promotion into the fourth tier lose out and why? But why should a club folding and relaunched as a newco be treated worse than sevco, especially when the circumstances surrounding their demise will most likely be of less culpable a nature than the late rangers fc?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

A rule like that shouldn't be written. We need to keep as many fans in the game as possible. If Hearts went bust I'd want to retain their fan base for the good of the game.

What should happen is a German like rule on spending and then in the long term there will not be financial failures. It should also bring a competitive edge back to football where teams like Thistle can start to compete again.

• Like 1

A rule like that shouldn't be written. We need to keep as many fans in the game as possible. If Hearts went bust I'd want to retain their fan base for the good of the game.

What should happen is a German like rule on spending and then in the long term there will not be financial failures. It should also bring a competitive edge back to football where teams like Thistle can start to compete again.

This ^^^^^^ but that would stop the OF and any club with a rich sugar daddy (Gretna, Morton, Livi, Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Kilmarnock) living outwith their means, if sense had prevailed how many administartions (I can count 9 from the list above Rangers, Livi twice, Dundee twice, Morton, Hearts, Gretna, Motherwell) would be saved and how much fairer would the game be and much more importantly how many small businesses would have been paid in full instead of 3p in the pound.

Not by the SPFL. So not strictly any precedent.

Know little about the Hearts situation but I understand the fear of a newco is more to do with delay factors re what's happening with their major creditor and shareholder. I suppose that's so common in the normal business world. Most of us will know, or at least have heard of, some local business going to the wall due to some sort of chain reaction.

Hearts are not to be pitied but their situation is far more excusable than that lot last year. It was said at the time that letting sevco into the fourth tier could lead to future fair justice problems. Why should a newco start off in a fourth tier when there's now a fifth? Does the top club due promotion into the fourth tier lose out and why? But why should a club folding and relaunched as a newco be treated worse than sevco, especially when the circumstances surrounding their demise will most likely be of less culpable a nature than the late rangers fc?

The Lithuanian banks secured their loans on Tynecastle. If a Newco is formed, Tynecastle will still be owned by Oldco and/or the Lithuanian banks.

If Hearts cannot agree a CVA, it's equally likely that it would be difficult agree lease terms for Tynecastle with the same banks . So where will Newco Hearts play - Murrayfield/Easter Road/Meadowbank/Livingstone/Falkirk?