Jordan Mcmillan

kane0

Personally, I'd rather have someone who is interested in paying for Partick Thistle than someone who is clearly more interested in playing for Sevco.

So you'd be happy if we only had a couple of players signed? Very few players would turn down the chance to treble/quadruple their salary -even to play in lower division

Personally, I'd rather have someone who is interested in paying for Partick Thistle than someone who is clearly more interested in playing for Sevco.

Grant, I think you need to be a bit more realistic and realise that every player is looking for the best way to further their career. You can't blame him for trying to find somewhere he has the best chance of being first choice. I don't think he will be at Thistle. Almost everyone here is talking about him being back up and for someone who was captain of a club a couple of months ago must be tough

Grant, I think you need to be a bit more realistic and realise that every player is looking for the best way to further their career. You can't blame him for trying to find somewhere he has the best chance of being first choice. I don't think he will be at Thistle. Almost everyone here is talking about him being back up and for someone who was captain of a club a couple of months ago must be tough

It may be tough, but it also suggests that he's maybe not as good as he (and/or his agent) might think he is. If there's an offer on the table from us and the player is stalling for time, I certainly hope that Archie is looking seriously at other options instead.

McMillan is due money from the Pars, which he'll be lucky to see any of in the near future. I can foresee a situation where I'd cut him some slack but it's up to Archie to set any time limit. For all we know he may only see Jordan as a squad member, someone who'll be more useful later in the season when injuries and suspensions kick in. Thus he may have offered him relatively little in way of a wage and be quite content to wait till late August.

Personally I imagine there'll be a deadline earlier rather than later. He can play a few positions, which would be important to Archie's overall planning. Even at that I doubt there's too much urgency.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

That works both ways and Thistle shouldn't hang around in the off chance he might or might not decide to stay. Other players (better players IMO such as Bannigan, Muirhead and SOD) have comitted to us for the forseeable future. It's not unresonable for us to want a guy that has played less than 3 games for us to make a decision one way or another about accepting the contract offer rather than using it as a sort of last resort fall back position.

As I've said in another thread, he's a decent player but nothing more, he wouldn't be a first pick for me ahead of SOD and is a bit small to play centre half. I couldn't comment on his ability to play the role vacated by Paton having never seen him play there.

So you'd be happy if we only had a couple of players signed? Very few players would turn down the chance to treble/quadruple their salary -even to play in lower division

I don't get your point. We have the majority of last season's squad signed up already and I'm sure Archie has plenty signing targets lined up

As I've said in another thread, he's a decent player but nothing more, he wouldn't be a first pick for me ahead of SOD and is a bit small to play centre half.

He would for me - McMillan was in the first division team of the year and solid at RB when he played.

SOD was honking, back to his old form of the first season, since he came back from injury. Prior to that he was sensational. Bur we will need consistency more than ever next year and McMillan is more likely to provide that.

He would for me - McMillan was in the first division team of the year and solid at RB when he played.

SOD was honking, back to his old form of the first season, since he came back from injury. Prior to that he was sensational. Bur we will need consistency more than ever next year and McMillan is more likely to provide that.

O'Donnell was injured when he came back into the team. I'm sure he will be back to his best when the season starts. A 100% fit O'Donnell is a much better player than McMillan.

Saying that I'd like McMillan to stay.

He'd be a good player to have next season. Archie will set the deadlines, it's only June 11th. I don't need a squad of Thistle supporters signed up - he's well within his rights to wait around to see if there are more attractive offers to him before deciding. As long as he knows we won't wait around forever, and Archie has contingency plans in place, I see no problem. I'm sure if he does sign we'll get 100% commitment from him. It's common practice over summer: Higdon's not signed up with Motherwell yet but still could, Stokes with Celtic, too. There are plenty of examples and some will leave and some won't. Nothing to get upset over.

• Like 1

I truly despair when I read stuff like this.

SOD was still carrying an injury when he returned and thus wasn't as effective going forward as he had been earlier in the season. However, he was still rock solid defensively and played a massive part in getting us over the line. Just because he wasn't rampaging in the opposition's box does not make him honking.

I've never watched McMillan in a game (either for us or Dunfermline) and been overly impressed. That's not to say he's a bad player, just not one I'm that bothered about us signing.

I think there's one thing i can take from all the McMillan talk...

GrantB is not a fan of the boy!

I truly despair when I read stuff like this. SOD was still carrying an injury when he returned and thus wasn't as effective going forward as he had been earlier in the season. However, he was still rock solid defensively and played a massive part in getting us over the line. Just because he wasn't rampaging in the opposition's box does not make him honking. I've never watched McMillan in a game (either for us or Dunfermline) and been overly impressed. That's not to say he's a bad player, just not one I'm that bothered about us signing.

You must be pretty sad if you 'truly despair' about posts like this.

O'Donnell was fit when he returned - and by his own admission (see the Sportsound podcase the night we beat Morton), he had a howler in more than one game.

In any case, carrying an injury isn't an excuse for failing to find a team mate with a pass from 10 yards, or take a decent corner kick (I think my dad was going to have a heart attack in the cup final with some of his efforts!) which a constant frustration when he came back.

Rampaging forward - isn't that what McMillan did to score against Dunfermline?

He wasn't 'rock solid' defensively - the whole defence was this, not individuals. See SODs performance and individual errors in the Raith game - quite clear he let his nerves get the better of him, which is another issue.

Quite happy with SOD to be first choice on his form prior to injury. However when he's off form we need someone reliable to be able and come in. McMillan was voted in 1st Division team of the year, Dunfermline fans were gutted to see him go and I've seen him play enough times to see a decent right back. That says enough for me.

• Like 2

Archie in the Glaswegian.

"Jordan McMillan is a player we would have hoped to retain after he signed a short-term deal at the end of last season but that now looks unlikely as he assesses his options elsewhere."

It sounds like he is having difficulty getting the players that he wants.

But not panicking. It's understandable that many players may be looking around and weighing up options at the moment, but nearer to the start of the season when there are fewer options left, many of them will be more than willing to sign a contract.

Archie in the Glaswegian.

"Jordan McMillan is a player we would have hoped to retain after he signed a short-term deal at the end of last season but that now looks unlikely as he assesses his options elsewhere."

It sounds like he is having difficulty getting the players that he wants.

He has most of them - I mean players from last years squad. Only new players so far are Gallagher and Baird but we expected that signing new players would be a slow process as a lot of players will wait till the last minute to see what's on offer. Archie himself said he may not be able to make any more new signings until preseason period for this reason. The management team will also have more than one guy in their sights for each position they want to fill so missing out on one player won't be a disaster. In fact some players will have to be careful they don't wait too long - lots of clubs will be cutting back this year.

Edited by Mr Bunny