Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

I'm very unhappy about this. If you contrast the match on Saturday 27th April with the renactment of the Battle of the Boyne/Easter uprising 1916 just two days later, you have to ask, why are we being punished for their behaviour?

I used to sit in the JH stand but moved last year at my sons' prompting - the atmosphere was great and as my youngest boy said, " Dad, I 've never heard you sing so much at a game." Now I know that we had a lot to sing about last year but have to say thanks to all the young Jags fans in the North Stand who helped make it such a great match-day experience.

Durachdan,

Eddy

This is total b******* but it looks like there will be no change of direction on this one so to me it has to be a case of damage limitation for the fixtures against the ugly mob.

What we need the club to do is make sure the regular 600 or whatever that frequent the north stand are housed together in the north end of the main stand together, in order to generate as much of an atmosphere as possible.

Got to agree with others though - the police are a joke and if they done their job correctly and didnt lie down to either of our glasgow neighbours then we wouldnt even be having this discussion right now.

This is total b******* but it looks like there will be no change of direction on this one so to me it has to be a case of damage limitation for the fixtures against the ugly mob.

What we need the club to do is make sure the regular 600 or whatever that frequent the north stand are housed together in the north end of the main stand together, in order to generate as much of an atmosphere as possible.

Got to agree with others though - the police are a joke and if they done their job correctly and didnt lie down to either of our glasgow neighbours then we wouldnt even be having this discussion right now.

We will do everything we can to ensure this happens and more - so we are clear, read the Club statement we are not exactly happy about this.

Give them 1500 JHS and no more.

Jim has stated that this isn't allowed under SPL segregation rules (ESP if it's the North end). This I don't have a problem with, I don't want them in the JHS either.

It's straightforward for me, Celtic are offered 3000 tickets for the match (or whatever the Main Stand holds), if they accept them and the police allow it then so be it.

If we don't want to risk the chance of either a fire, or Thistle being held responsible for a fire due to lack of searches, then I'd rather we banned them altogether.

We've lived without their cash for 10 years we can live without what could possibly be one game.

I'd love us to be the instigators of some bad blood between us and them, at least we could keep our heads held high.

• Like 1

Jim, can you confirm this is only for the celtic games? The wording on the OS statement is ambiguous.

At present Yes but Police and Safety team reserve the right to review - under Stadium Legislation we can be served with a prohibition notice dictating who can access what sections of the Stadium - so we can comply with recommendations however the Council always have legislation on there side if supported by the Police.

Yes Im the Club Marketing Director and I sit on the Operations Board and attended todays meeting - so we are clear Im not here to argue the right and wrongs simply give out as much info as I can - Jim Alexander

Fair play to you for coming on here Jim. It'll probably save a few extra pages of pointless speculation at least.

So is it right to say that the Police forced the decision or is it that due to Police recommendation Thistle took the decision to keep themselves legally tight?

apart from Celtic Away Fans will be in the Main Stand

I still don't see how we can't share with Celtic fans in JH but can at Pittodrie, Tannadice and Parkhead. In each of these we will be exiting same stand as home fans who will also be exiting stand behind the goal

I still don't see how we can't share with Celtic fans in JH but can at Pittodrie, Tannadice and Parkhead. In each of these we will be exiting same stand as home fans who will also be exiting stand behind the goal

We can share with Celtic in JHS but they don't want them clashing with Thistle Fans in the North Stand as they exit - the words "natural segregation" were used.

Is giving them the JHS out of the question? Jags fans in the North and Main Stands.

Didn't ask Will but Im pretty sure a lot of Season Ticket holders would not be happy

I am not happy about this situation, and you're right JJ, I wouldn't normally be happy about being moved to main stand. However, the North Stand Choir is more important to the atmosphere at the game.

We can share with Celtic in JHS but they don't want them clashing with Thistle Fans in the North Stand as they exit - the words "natural segregation" were used.

Thank you for answering my queries and I know you can only relay what the police say but that really is a nonsense reason on their part.

Why not leave Thistle or Celtic fans in the stand 15 mins after end if it is an issue and I still can't see the difference in this and for our support leaving, for example Tannadice, where we will be in between two exiting sections of United support.

I know Celtic fans are getting a hard time on this, rightfully so to a degree, but every Celtic fan I have spoken to are on our side in this debate. Our anger should be directed entirely at the police for this utter mess