Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

I don't understand why after such a fantastic season last season and with the majority of our promising squad on new contracts people are threatening not to renew their season tickets over this.

Also this. Some of the bed-wetting on here is hilarious. People threatening boycotts? Man alive.

Could we not make the bing into an actual Jungle for the Jims?

They could swing about on trees and all sorts, have a great time. They'd love it.

The stewards could even throw them pie left overs rotten fruit at them from time to time.

Win win surely?

Fixed it for you.

Was there not a news article (on club site, or evening times or glaswegian or something like that) in the past 12 months, where Beattie said something like "The North Stand will always be a Thistle stand, it will never be given to any opposition supports in the future" ?

I am pretty certain pottytrained and ianmac (maybe even jj?) have said as such on the forum, but something in back of my mind says DB has said it 'in print' also.

If anyone could turn up the article which said such, be good?

Edited by yoda-jag

Following on from an earlier post, if we get shifted around wholesale in our own stadium in order to make way for what would amount to "special" fans of a "special" team, then it's no wonder that their sense of "specialness" pervades the entire way the game is run, including how match officials go about their business.

What chance is there for any other club to truly flourish in such an environment?

• Like 1

The 12th man was banded all season from the club, how important we were, how we were needed to get to the land of milk and honey. Then we had Beatties interview about morals and decency over cash, this is how a club will be run.

Then the tag scheme, be part of the club, your voice counts.

Enter the SPL and the magical land of milk and honey and f**k you's you don't matter, its cash over morals, fast buck over fans, ONETHISTLE your voice doesn't count anymore. Shocked by it all.

Really in 2 minds as to whether or not renew my season ticket, I used it for 1 game last year and would probably get 2 next season, it wasn't about saving on match tickets for me it was backing the club as I believed they were going in the right direction, now i'm not sure what direction we are heading

• Like 1

You know shit just got serious when an online petition pops up.

http://www.ipetition...he-north-stand/

1 short of 200 signatures in under 8 hours.

Keep sharing petition, and encouraging others to sign.

Is already an impressive number and powerful message to the club, but be even more if petition could double in sigs before 5pm tomorrow.

ETA: don't forget to email the club about your disgust and other thoughts over this woeful decision. Lets use our collective will and force to get this changed.

Edited by yoda-jag

The Jukebox Rebel, on 13 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Could we not make the bing into an actual Jungle for the Jims?

They could swing about on trees and all sorts, have a great time. They'd love it.

The stewards could even throw them pie left overs rotten fruit at them from time to time.

Win win surely?

Fixed it for you.

Laughed I did.

Hope it's dirty, rotten, orange fruit too.

:D

Please share this on your social media pages:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thistle-fans-in-the-north-stand/

Partick Thistle’s Board of Directors have decided to move our singing section (The Shed) from behind the goals in the north stand and give it to Celtic when they come to Firhill this season.

It should be noted that Partick Thistle have as yet not made an official statement, instead prefering to share this significant news with the fan base through office staff, when fans come in to buy their season ticket. We as fans do not believe this is the correct way for the Club to act, office staff should not be put in that position and the correct channels should be used to communicate such information.

Alan Archibald: Thistle Manager: They have been brilliant all year and they have been the 12th man and got us over the line on a number of occasions. They have had a positive effect all season on the club."

We need to keep the Firhill Shed Red and Yellow, sign the petition and show your support.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thistle-fans-in-the-north-stand/

Spread this about and sign it.

In typical fashion Thistle fans have completely chucked the toys out the pram in over the top outrage.

A season ticket holder I know is thinking of not renewing his season ticket because of this and he sits in the JH stand. Unbelievable.

If it was a toss up between the possibility of us signing an extra couple of players that could keep us in the SPL or being allowed to go into the North stand for 2 games that we will probably lose, I know which I would choose.

In typical fashion Thistle fans have completely chucked the toys out the pram in over the top outrage.

A season ticket holder I know is thinking of not renewing his season ticket because of this and he sits in the JH stand. Unbelievable.

If it was a toss up between the possibility of us signing an extra couple of players that could keep us in the SPL or being allowed to go into the North stand for 2 games that we will probably lose, I know which I would choose.

As far as I know the N. stand and the main stand both hold c2000. So I'm not quite sure where the extra revenue comes from.

i don't think anyone's suggesting that we prevent Celtic fans from attending and therefore loose revenue. Just that they should be in the same area as every other away fan.

so i really don't understand how you can possibly suggest that allowing the celtic fans into the North Stand will allow us to sign 2 extra players.

I think we all expect to get beat off Celtic. Sure. But see to have any chance of getting something from that game. You need fans behind the team. The North Stand does that. The North stand made that difference last year. So no it's not an over reaction, it's a group of fans who sat together last season, brought life back to Firhill and got behind the team no matter what, who want the chance to do that at the biggest home game of the season in the stand that we have made ours, where we will stand and sing all season! We shouldn't have to move to another stand to accommodate an away support who can't be trusted.

There's no point go into the ins and outs of why we are being shifted, but the fact the club haven't even told the fans is what bothers me. I bought my season ticket thinking I would be standing in the north stand all season, nobody has told me I will need to shift for the Celtic game. I wonder when the club are thinking of telling fans this?

• Like 4

Yes, it occurred to me that Archie in a recent interview stated that though he'd be away on holiday he'd likely be keeping in touch with transfer goings on while away. It just makes sense not to take the risk of a signing target slipping away from us just because the manager wasn't available to yea/nay the move.

In the same way you'd expect board members to be keeping in touch - doesn't require great effort, just a brief call each day to see if something important came up - and so being able to answer some of the questions being raisef over this (or even to say if it is true or not).

Maybe they do - in which case it would be more worrying in how it showed they felt about the fans.

Been mulling over this a while and maybe my judgement is clouded due to the fact I have only been in the North Stand a couple of times but.....why are people wetting their knickers over this?? its only been used for jags fans for a season...why don't folk get upset about the JH or Main Stand being used by away fans? If the club can gain financially by utilising the ground then why not? for half of the game its the worst view of the game anyway. Petitions and boycotts??? there's a lot more sh it than this that has happened and no one felt the need for this kind of nonsense! chill the fck out and lets just enjoy being back amongst it!

• Like 1

Been mulling over this a while and maybe my judgement is clouded due to the fact I have only been in the North Stand a couple of times but.....why are people wetting their knickers over this?? its only been used for jags fans for a season...why don't folk get upset about the JH or Main Stand being used by away fans? If the club can gain financially by utilising the ground then why not? for half of the game its the worst view of the game anyway. Petitions and boycotts??? there's a lot more sh it than this that has happened and no one felt the need for this kind of nonsense! chill the fck out and lets just enjoy being back amongst it!

See my previous post in response to the cup.

The north stand and the main stand hold the same so there's do financial benefits really.

I'd say your judgement probably is clouded by that fact, mate. it's only been used for a season, therefore to give it up so early in its life devalues it and sets a precedent for future seasons. like someone said, would the same thing happen in the kop?

we don't get folk getting upset about the JH stand getting used as this was seen as an amicable solution to allow the singing section to move to the north stand. the jackie husband stand was half empty every week, so no one was needing to move to create an away section. we don't get upset about the main stand being used because otherwise it lies empty.

i'm struggling to understand how the club will gain financially, by giving up the north stand. but i'm sure you're aware of celtic's travelling numbers in the west of scotland etc. can you clarify how we will gain financially?

The view has absolutely no bearing on it. infact i would say it has the best view in the ground for the north goals.

what worse shit has there been in the past, that didn't merit this level of "nonsense"? rather than using it as a stick to beat north stand fans with, maybe suggest that this issue is with people in the past, not been proactive enough when these worse things, you don't describe, were happening?

Edited by potty trained

Surprised you can remember the single occasion you were in the north stand to be honest.

Also can't believe some folk on this thread won't acknowledge the impact that the north stand had on the team's performances last year. We backed the team every single game and did the singing for the whole stadium, can any of you guys say you did the same? Every single player commented on it, as did Archie and even McNamara. Losing that for the celtic game will give them a clear advantage right away. It took a lot of faith for all the fans to move across to the north stand. Being told through the grapevine that we are to have that taken away from us for the biggest game of the season just isn't fair, and is totally unnecessary.

Edited by ian_mac

See my previous post in response to the cup.

The north stand and the main stand hold the same so there's do financial benefits really.

I still can't see why folk are talking boycotts and petitions...its ONE game(at the most 2)...it will be easier for the police I would imagine so Im not in agreement with this is the end of the world patter...it actually makes me chuckle some of the stuff I've read on this thread...one thing I would agree with is charge the feckers the same as they charge us at that east end tip

• Like 1

I can see both sides to this debate, the club are, naturally, keen to maximise revenue from the Celtic game whilst the fans are wanting to support the team in the best way possible, utilising the North Stand for the home fans(afterall we did win 83% of our home games last season with it's backing).

However, the club have done their best to maximise revenue from Celtic by offering them the Main Stand and part of the JHS. That should be all that they get. If they cannot be "trusted" to behave in the Main Stand, then THEY should lose the use of it and be given a smaller allocation, solely in the JHS. They destroyed our stadium in May, we shouldn't be rolling out the red carpet and inconveniencing our fans.

Petition signed and e-mail being drafted.

Surprised you can remember the single occasion you were in the north stand to be honest.

Also can't believe some folk on this thread won't acknowledge the impact that the north stand had on the team's performances last year. We backed the team every single game and did the singing for the whole stadium, can any of you guys say you did the same? Every single player commented on it, as did Archie and even McNamara. Losing that for the celtic game will give them a clear advantage right away. It took a lot of faith for all the fans to move across to the north stand. Being told through the grapevine that we are to have that taken away from us for the biggest game of the season just isn't fair, and is totally unnecessary.

was in twice when I could.....carry on the crusade though