Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

I think we should all take a deep breath and compose ourselves.

If we are unhappy then we should contact the club in a polite and sensible manner. If they understand the feeling we have then they may change their mind. onethistle and The North Stand have been great and will continue to be great.

Give Celtic the Main Stand and part of the Jackie Husband if need. Keep the North Stand as Thistle.

The fixtures are not out. Nothing is set in stone. It can be changed.

I see a flaw in your plan. This will require a journalist to write a story against Celtic.

That could happen, ditto Rangers.

On the other hand what journalists work for the Scottish sports section (or even the rest of the papers come to think of it)?

That other club should be given 1,500 tickets or so for the main stand only. Every one of them should be frisked as they go in. Extra stewards should be positioned with fire extinguishers, and at the faintest hint of any smoke the extinguishers should be used in the general area where it arises, and the entire section of that stand should be ejected from the stadium. These cretims need to learn, if that is possible. Incidentally, will the Aitken Suite be available for pre- and post-match drinks next season? What will happen when the cretims come a-calling? No Thistle fans allowed? Nobody at all?

We could install these heat sensor shower thingies...might go off when it shouldn't if too sensitive though.

Edited by Mr Bunny

You know shit just got serious when an online petition pops up.

http://www.ipetition...he-north-stand/

91st signature just added.

The North Stand is the Thistle Singing Section Stand. We shall not be moved for ANY club, whether they be from the green east end of glasgow, the red end of manchester or the dead end of govan. If the PTFC board do not accede to this, they will lose 10's of thousands of pounds over this, and all the good work of onethistle and the board over last 12 months will be ruined beyond recovery.

(ETA: email to club to follow soon)

This is a microcosm of Scottish football. Everything done to the benefit of the "big two".

The Celtic fans are out of control, cannot be controlled by the police and cannot be trusted not to burn the place down so we must re-arrange our stadium to accomodate them. Jesus wept.

^^in the shell of a nut^^ :thumbsup2:

Edited by yoda-jag

Ouch. A self-inflicted dent in the fantastic PTFC 2010's momentum. What is with B.O.D.'s that such intelligent individuals can get things so spectacularly wrong?

Our forthcoming campaign needs a strong Firhill where we can boss things as much as possible. A noisy Northy is vital, ESPECIALLY againt THEM.

I feel as if I've let a lot of folk down.

Myself and Dave have now been left to look pretty stupid.

I'd be amazed if there's a single North Standite who'd agree with any of the above statements.

It disappoints me that no attempt was made to liaise with the onethistle team to explain the situation and look for a solution, and at least ensure any decision was communicated positively and effectively. This is disrespectful to a group of people who have done so much to improve the Firhill match day experience in the past season, having pioneered the North Stand move in the first place.

No official communication has yet been made. It's not too late to make this right.

Yours,

Charles Bowie

Hear hear.

You know shit just got serious when an online petition pops up.

http://www.ipetition...he-north-stand/

One petition duly signed.

ptfc.c.uk Tuesday 20th March at 13:46 said:

Partick Thistle are about to establish a unique partnership within Scottish football that will put the Club’s supporters front and centre of the running of the Club along with the Board and Management team.

‘The One Thistle’ team is a professional fans’ based group that will join in the responsibility for a wide variety of the Clubs’ activities including;

•Matchday Experience

•Public Relations

•Fan liaison

The members of ‘The One Thistle’ team will all have clearly defined roles and job descriptions. Working closely with General Manager Ian Maxwell and Director Greig Brown they will have full authority to implement their thoughts and ideas on creating a Partick Thistle that we can all take pride in.

Said Director Greig Brown;

“The greatest asset a football club has is its’ supporters. Too often mere lip service is paid to the important role they have to play in the success of the club. The formation of ‘The One Thistle’ team we feel is an exciting initiative that recognises the importance of our fans and shows that we at Partick Thistle have a fresh approach to involving them in important areas of the Club’s operations.”

Seems there might have been some sort of mix up here Greig. What say you?

Other worry with this is that if teams know they'll get the north Stand due to misbehaving then it only encourages one.

As long as we're adequately insured for the main stand, I'd have them all in there. Probably spread a bit of petrol about before opening the gates as well...

I can understand the financial reasoning behind such a decision. Realistically, we're going to be in a relegation fight and, as such, attendances may drop compared to last season's figures. There's also the very likely possibility that the game will be on television and, if so, the even likelier chance that the game won't be taking place on a Saturday afternoon. As a result, the North Stand and the home support in general may not be big enough to fill the allocation that we would all like. I think it's financially prudent to take advantage of a bigger support who are likely to travel irrelevant of circumstances (disclaimer: this is in no way praise of that mob).

However, as much as it would be financially beneficial to make such a move, it certainly doesn't make good business sense to alienate your own customers in order for a short-term gain. In my opinion, having Thistle fans in the North Stand really contributed to our great home record last season and the atmosphere in Firhill is as good as it has been in years.

For that reason, petition signed.

Above seems the best approach. I would tho' be concerned about the polis being made aware they are in fact servants and not masters. It's perhaps sounding heavily cynical on my part but I've long held the view that they have great difficulty understanding that.

I do believe this nonsense is a journalistic dream. No matter the outcome there's a story here. Simple question, why is it thought preferable to move the Celtic support from the Main Stand? How do you dress up a reply to not embarrass and/or annoy Celtic supporters? Either the polis/PTFC are saying Celtic fans are more likely to start a fire than any other SPL club's fans or if they deny that then they're implying Celtic supporters unlike any other visiting fans have to be contained in one continuous area.

I agree with the gist of your post i.e. the Police and PTFC are in 2013 not to be trusted to burn the themselves alive. Really this is an awful judgement on the state of our society. I for one seriously doubt the Green Brigade or anyone else is in the business of self immolation. As usual in this country its a storm in a proverbial teacup, and again as usual we have the Police setting themselves up as the arbiters and indeed dictators of societies morals. Nonetheless, as its only one game I'm not going to get too traumatised.

I'm spewing about this. Probably won't buy a season ticket if this goes ahead. Firhill is for US not the Ugly Sisters.

Dave and Ian - this isn't your fault lads. Police, poorly behaved Old Firm fans and our board making a poor decision are to blame here. Our board can still change their minds.

There is no way I will be at a home game against Celtic if they are in the North Stand.

Petition signed.

I don't understand why after such a fantastic season last season and with the majority of our promising squad on new contracts people are threatening not to renew their season tickets over this.

Last season I could understand with the prospect of Sevco being fast-tracked into the First division but because we won't have the North Stand for possibly one game? Come on.

I'm not happy with this but lets wait for an official club statement on the matter so we can find out the actual reasoning behind the segregation arrangement.

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

I don't understand why after such a fantastic season last season and with the majority of our promising squad on new contracts people are threatening not to renew their season tickets over this.

THIS.

Last season I could understand with the prospect of Sevco being fast-tracked into the First division but because we won't have the North Stand for possibly one game? Come on.

I'm not happy with this but lets wait for an official club statement on the matter so we can find out the actual reasoning behind the segregation arrangement.

I'm threatening not to buy a season ticket, purely because I am angry over this decision.

Just pure anger, no rational thought involved.

Edited by Collins Out!

I think the point Fred/Northern soul is that there has been no discussion with the fans group, after promising to do so. It also seems to me to be a bit hypocritical to talk about morals during the JMac affair to do an about turn on the North Stand for Thistle fans.

If you don't think that not buying a ST is an appropriate way to protest, what do you suggest is.