Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

Fellow Jags fans, i renewed my season ticket today, but i left Firhill disapointed.

I was asked if i wanted a seat i said no thanks as i go to the singing section, i was swifty told by the way you do know that when we play Celtic, jags fans will be housed in the old stand and the Husband stand.I dont know about you guys but i think this totally stinks, and is all about money rather than fans being happy.

It would have been great to sing and wind up the Celtic players from behind the goal dont you think, as i feel this gave us an advantage last season and we need all the help we can get.

Please join me fellow Jags fans and boycott this nonsense, could someone from the fans group please contact the chairman.Thank you partick75.

Was pretty sure it was stated that even for the Celtic games we would still get the North Stand. Will be surprised if the club dont do this. Had my first North Stand experience at the Dunfermline game and it was great! (no filthy comments please!!!)

Edited by Lindau

When we play Celtic will we sell out the Jackie Husband and the North Stand?

I wouldn't imagine that the police would allow a segregation situation such as the one against Morton last season. Why would Thistle fans be in both the Main Stand and the JH? That would also far too much mixing of fans outside.

If we can sell out both stands then both should be for Jags fans only, otherwise it's all about the £££, innit?

Was pretty sure it was stated that even for the Celtic games we would still get the North Stand. Will be surprised if the club dont do this. Had my first North Stand experience at the Dunfermline game and it was great! (no filthy comments please!!!)

was told by the office today the celtic fans will behind the goal mate

I did wonder about this with that mob's reputation for bringing in flares that sticking them in the main stand would be a hazard. Other option would have been to give them half the JH and us the rest of the ground - but not surprised at this decision.

Just call the office they will tell you its a police rule i dont trust thistle here think its a money scam

Sure last we were in SPL Celtic got Old Stand, North Stand and North End of JH Stand of wee didnt fill it, suspect Police will demand same again, if we were to keep North Stand then I suspect it would be on condition that Celtic fans only in Old Stand, questionable though whether will be anywhere close to a sell out if televised.

I hope this is not the case.

The powers that be need to recognise that this is OUR ground. The North Stand is OUR shed.

You think Celtic will move any of their own fans to accommodate us?

Give them the main stand and the main stand only. If they set off flares, hell mend them.

• Like 3

Having already been moved seat due to hopitality , I have now discovered that I will have to move seat again to accomodate the Celtic support when they come ,as there being given a larger section of the JHS due to not being trusted in the old wooden main stand because of previous incidents with flares.

A season ticket holder on here quoted that he has been told his seat in the JHS is being moved for the Celtic game as they are being given a larger area of that too, so what are they getting the North Stand, Half the JHS, The home dressing room??

http://www.wearethis...14/page__st__60

Edited by Norgethistle

A season ticket holder on here quoted that he has been told his seat in the JHS is being moved for the Celtic game as they are being given a larger area of that too, so what are they getting the North Stand, Half the JHS, The home dressing room??

http://www.wearethis...14/page__st__60

F**k it, let's just give them the whole stadium then. Who wants to watch the soap-dodgers?

OH THAT'S RIGHT, BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN TAKE UP THEIR FULL ALLOCATION WHEN THEY COME TO FIRHILL ANYWAY

When there was talk of reallocating season ticket holders for this game due to the club not wanting to put Celtic fans in the old stand I had a feeling these problems may materialise.

There is no way they will have us in the north, main stand and half the j husband and Celtic getting 2000 at one end of it.

At the end of the day we are being penalised because these p***** can't behave when on an away day.

It's a total disgrace if they are moving both season ticket holders in one stand and moving the singing section too, which has regenerated the atmosphere at Firhill.

I'd rather have the main stand empty and give Celtic a bit of the j husband whilst we stay in the north stand where the team have and will benefit from our support the most.

Edited by thistledave78
  • Like 2

Don't think I made my previous post very clear. Given their behaviour the other week I think they should be behind the goals just not at the north end.

If this is gen, and I've no reason to disbelieve the OP, it's feasible that in time there'll be something in writing stating something like it's preferable to house Celtic fans in the North Stand as it's less likely that Thistle fans will set fire to the Main Stand. I'd love to see that.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Suppose I've spent long enough mulling over this. I've went from outright rage to saddened disappointment.

First off the "rumours" are true. The club has decided that on the advice of the police, and to maximise revenue that the Thistle fans be moved from one of our stands to accommodate them, and most likely the green brigade. It s likely that some fans in the JHS will need to move to the main stand, also.

This decision was made without consultation with myself or Ian mac who were brought originally in to represent the fans in the north stand. From what I gather and I will apologise if I need to be corrected but the board agreed at a boardroom meeting that any decision would be made after consultation with Ian and I. That has since not happened.

The fact that we as fans found out about this via an Internet forum instead of through the correct channels disappoints me greatly, there's no fault with the girl in the office, how was she to know it was confidential information she shouldn't have been told. A complete fck up by those above her.

When I got involved with OneThistle, I did so with my main objective being to make the North Stand move a success. Ian and I have worked bloody hard to assist the club on a weekly basis. We wanted to make that stand ours. To go from the highs of Morton and Dunfermline, to finding out we are being moved, to house these people is pretty hard to take.

Jim, Ian and I shouted loud and proud about fan consultation, about the fans working together with the club board, that we the fans had a voice and respect again. After this tonight, how can any of us be taken seriously again on here or talking to folk on a match day.

I've spoken to Maxi on text, made him aware of my feelings and offered an alternative solution that could have been marketed in a successful manner to cushion the blow of a small number of JHS fans moving, but us staying in the north stand. That offer has not been taken up, further confirming my fears that the truth is, we have no voice. We are just a number. And it's on that basis that I need to look at my position in OneThistle over the coming days.

I will not be attending games against Celtic this season if we are to be moved, and I would fully support any other person who stands in the North Stand, or anywhere in the ground for that matter, who also took the decision to boycott this game.

Figures have been provided to the club to show what sort of size of attendance we should expect from them, those figures are not high enough, in my opinion to constitute moving potentially 3000 jags fans.

I'll leave it at that just now, I don't want to get drawn into a conversation, but I just want to apologise to everyone I told, previously that this was our stand, that we once again had a voice. I feel as if I've let a lot of folk down.

Edited to add: I meant to include this originally. All the guys n girls who contributed to buying and even making their own flags, the buses pubs n nomads etc. Thank you, it's things like that the show us as fans can get behind something without a second thought giving up time and money to help the fans, team and club.

What a season we had eh? Welcome to the SPL.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 5

I am very disappointed in the club, not the One Thistle guys who have done a lot for the atmosphere and match day experience and were not consulted about this. I would feel happier if all those involved in One Thistle stayed right where they are.

In terms of the financial benefit, I would look further than 2 games against Celtic. If we do well in those matches it will encourage more fans to come to other games. I feel the team are more likely to be successful with the atmosphere and support from the North Stand.

I've only been in the North Stand for the last Morton game but I loved it and the impact of support from their was apparent at all the other games I was at. I feel let down after my Dad and I just bought season tickets for the first time.

Fair play to PT and the OneThistle guys - you have nothing to apologise about but I understand what you must be thinking.

Really poor decision from the board here on a number of levels. First, it's our stand, our singing section - they're giving Celtic the area that a lot of us hold dear. Second, surely there should be some fan consultation on this, albeit I suspect they haven't as they know the strength of feeling that there will be.

I was in the North Stand for the first game v Falkirk last season. I've not been back in the JH since. If I can't be in the North Stand for the Celtic game then I won't be in Firhill.

Also, do the board realise that it is possibly only one home game against Celtic next season. Is it really worth pissing off your own fans for a wee bit extra money? If need be just give them 2500 seats in the Jackie Husband and if they can't be trusted to sit in a timber framed stand and not burn it down then that's their lot.

• Like 1