Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

Is the point that Twinny is making that without getting the contracts signed there would have been no compensation. I read somewhere that the issue had been fully resolved. Where did you hear it was 50k ?

Ian is right that we didn't get the full amount, the amount reported at the time was around £50k, though IIRC there was ambiguity as to whether this £50k included Donnelly's compensation or whether we may have had a further £25k for him.

You are right though, without those contracts we would have most likely had nothing. It seems the norm these days for managers to resign and allow their new club to hire them without paying a fee (McCall did this when he left QoS for us and then again when he left us thinking Falkirk were interested and we had already asked Dundee for £200k). So the board did do very well to get £50k instead of £0.

No I wasn't in the stand for either game. Do you think I'm lying?

No I am not suggesting you are lying - I am wondering whether you are relying on hearsay. And if so, are you really willing to complain on that basis. I certainly wouldn't complain about something unless I had experienced it myself.

The board have made a rod for thier own backs this pre season with their incompetance
  • TAG scheme never started, another let down for the fans (Oh and where is the legallity of offering a prize but never giving it)
    It's disappointing - I was going to join at the upper level, but I can't say i've honestly been let down by it not starting yet - I'm still able to access everything I was able to before, and it's still free. I'll still join at the upper level when it does start. I don't know about the legal aspect of the prize, but I'd say this was an example of over-exageration - you are stating it as if they've no intention of awarding the prize - TAG hasn't started yet and i'm sure the prize will be won soon after it does start
  • Centenary fund, 1 month late on the draw (Due to be drawn on the 15th of the month latest), again how legal is it to sell somethng yet not deliver
    Agree - it's a shambles and has been since I joined.
  • Season tickets, total and absolute shambles, seats, vouchers, renewals etc etc
    Agree - but i'm sure this season will be the worst. In future years, we'll still have the same ticket and wont have to wait for them to be distributed, machines installed etc.
  • Catering crap and the club don't care
    Agree - and agree with calls to boycot.
  • Main stand apparently not fit for habitation yet we spend money on a new directors box
    Based on what? Still not had anybody actually confirm the nature of Dundee Uniteds complaint and if it stands up to scrutiny.
  • Communication mixed messages on Celtic, ST's etc
    Agree - communication with fans is an issue just now.

I ask you this if we hadn't won the league last year and had the OneThistle initiative to bring the matchday experience up do you think they would be getting away with it??? They may be making a profit but alot of that is to do with Archie's boys doing the business on the park, but look at the money we are missing out on

There's a lot of things that could be run better at the club - there's no doubt about that, and i'm sure even those responsible would admit it, but I do think a lot of it is down to being over ambitious. You ask if we hadn't won the league last year would they get away with it - i'd suggest that winning the league last year has caused us to over stretch ourselves and try to push the club onwards. How would you prioritise everything above, because I just dont think we've the staffing to fix everything at once?

Even people that agree with your list would have to admit that there are things that they would have put on the list a week or two ago that they wouldnt now. I'm thinking of the complaints about no advertising around the pitch, no shorts sponsor, lack of signings etc.

FFS - there was a discussion on the nature of Maxi's degree as if that's relevant to anything.

Edited by MerryHell

People making excuses saying we are victims of our own success - ridiculous. Many of the mistakes being made do not cost any money to rectify.

We knew we were getting promotion on April 20th.

We had more than enough time to get extra staff in to help in the office, this simply wasn't done.

The catering issue was flagged up to the board by onethistle after every home game last season. Again, not one bit of action taken by the chairman or his catering guru Ajay Chopra. Sporting Solutions are now operating the same dreadful service and product at higher prices this season.

Season tickets - not delivered on time, confusion in the press on prices, vouchers not arriving, new system not in place and we have now played 3 games at firhill including the friendly.

North Stand - decision made without fan consultation, news communicated via whispers from the office staff to people buying season tickets.

There is absolutely no excuse for the above events to have taken place, and I think deep down we all know that.

We now have guys sitting on the board who have not put one penny in to the club - Brian Donald and Ajay Chopra. Why are they there when we have genuine thistle fans putting in thousands of their own money and who could actually bring some expertise to help run the club?

Chopra and Donald, from what I can tell, offer absolutely nothing to the club. From what I've heard their first priority was to make sure they had a nice new club blazer to show off.

People making excuses saying we are victims of our own success - ridiculous. Many of the mistakes being made do not cost any money to rectify.

We knew we were getting promotion on April 20th.

We had more than enough time to get extra staff in to help in the office, this simply wasn't done.

Volunteers ?

I wasn't really meaning that we were victims of our own success - just that being successful has made the board over-stretch themselves and the staff at the club.

I mean, is an electronic entry system really needed? I don't imagine it was top of many peoples list of 'improvements' needed at Firhill. I understand that it might be beneficial long term in terms of saving cash and time, and if it's in place and works for Hearts game then we'll all have one less thing to moan about. Then again, we were supposed to have been contacted this week about our season tickets so ...

Recruitment is needed, but recruiting the proper people does take time and money, unless you are relying solely on volunteers. I've no idea when Michelle left, but as she hadn't been there for that long anyway, i'm pretty sure she wouldn't have had a long (if any) notice period to serve. It is likely to have been sudden and disruptive.

I don't disagree with many of the issues that have been raised about the club, I just think that people get carried away and start exagerating the impact. Summer signings were slow, but it descended into questioning the suitability of Maxi's educational record and family holiday commitments. Now some are questioning whether the club has broken the law because we've been slow to implement the TAG scheme and associated competition. Then there's the unspecified complaint from Dundee United.

I don't mean this as a veiled insult, but I think that onethistle have it right as they know the scope of what they are trying to achieve and have the people to help achieve it. Just about everyone believes that onethistle have had a positive impact on the matchday experience, so naturally people say why don't you run the centenary fund etc. Onethistle say no, it's not part of our remit or what we are focusing on. I think that the club board (who are all inexperienced in leading the club to the top division as far as I know) have got caught up with their enthusiasm and just thought we can do everything. We clearly can't, but I do believe that the board have the clubs interests at heart, and despite everything that has happened this summer, I still think that in 9 months time we'll be looking back on this season as a success.

• Like 2

Agree with Merryhell...yep there are things that could be better and i'm confident that in time they will. Accepting that it will take time and cutting those involved a bit of slack is not the same as just blindly accepting mediocrity. There just appears to be individuals who are hell bent on highlighting faults at the moment.

Agree with Merryhell...yep there are things that could be better and i'm confident that in time they will. Accepting that it will take time and cutting those involved a bit of slack is not the same as just blindly accepting mediocrity. There just appears to be individuals who are hell bent on highlighting faults at the moment.

It's not really the highlighting of faults I've an issue with, it's the wanting a pound of flesh or over exaggerating the impact of the faults. Highlighting faults can be positive for a business. But that's just the way I see it. People might truly be being inconvenienced by the inability of TAG to get off the ground to date.

If faults aren't highlighted they can't be fixed, and yes I (and others) have also raised them to the club, I am happy (and vocal) to praise the club when it goes right , so why shouldn't I be critical when they get it wrong and suddenly we are getting a lot wrong, is it a blip or the start of a worrying trend?

The time frame for these items was posted by the club, we never made up a time frame THEY did, they promised (or committed to with a contract) and failed to deliver

TAG has been 4 months with nothing

Centenary fund has been running for 2 or 3 years now (No teething problems) and we are 5 days away from missing 2 draws

Season tickets they come around every year, yes we have a new system but we also knew when we needed it ready for, The Club not the supplier got it wrong, we are 6 days away from the next home game and missed the next deadline for information being mailed out (Week of the 5th of August)

DVD we asked the guy to make it 3 weeks ago, the season finished 14 weeks ago

Catering has been complained about to the club for well over a season and nothing has been done

How much time should we give the club? Next season for the Tag? Christmas for July's draw for the Centenary fund? 5 Home games for the Season Tickets? Easter for a DVD? Till the environmental health shuts us down for the catering??

• Like 1

If faults aren't highlighted they can't be fixed, and yes I (and others) have also raised them to the club, I am happy (and vocal) to praise the club when it goes right , so why shouldn't I be critical when they get it wrong and suddenly we are getting a lot wrong, is it a blip or the start of a worrying trend?

The time frame for these items was posted by the club, we never made up a time frame THEY did, they promised (or committed to with a contract) and failed to deliver

TAG has been 4 months with nothing

Centenary fund has been running for 2 or 3 years now (No teething problems) and we are 5 days away from missing 2 draws

Season tickets they come around every year, yes we have a new system but we also knew when we needed it ready for, The Club not the supplier got it wrong, we are 6 days away from the next home game and missed the next deadline for information being mailed out (Week of the 5th of August)

DVD we asked the guy to make it 3 weeks ago, the season finished 14 weeks ago

Catering has been complained about to the club for well over a season and nothing has been done

How much time should we give the club? Next season for the Tag? Christmas for July's draw for the Centenary fund? 5 Home games for the Season Tickets? Easter for a DVD? Till the environmental health shuts us down for the catering??

All of the issues mentioned have financial implications.

The failure to implement TAG is a failure to bring income to the club. Factor in start up costs and TAG has lost money.

Centenary Fund will wither and die if current situation continues. Lost income for the club.

Season Ticket problems are costing money to firefight with posting of vouchers. Two to date, soon to be three.

No DVD sales to boost the bank account.

Catering could and should be a money spinner for an SPFL club, again we are failing to raise revenue.

For a club like Thistle, these revenue streams could make a big difference.

Serious mistakes have been made.