Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

Away fans are held behind at games in England all the time for 15-20 minutes, sometimes more if it is a really 'tasty' fixture.

I was also held behind for over an hour in Montpellier last year when I went to watch Arsenal play there, a couple of Arsenal fans said that was less than they are normally kept in when playing away in Europe.

In short, make Celtic wait for 15 minutes.

• Like 1

“There was a story that I’d banned Celtic fans from our main stand because they’d let off flares in the Glasgow Cup final, but I didn’t single out Celtic. It was decided, after consultation with the police, that away fans of all teams would be better off out of the main stand because it’s a wooden construction.

http://www.dailyreco..._medium=twitter

Does that mean that if any other club intends on bringing a big enough crowd we'll be shunted out of the North Stand? Strange that all away fans are better off out of the main stand yet it's perfectly reasonable to put us in there when Celtic visit.

Does that mean that if any other club intends on bringing a big enough crowd we'll be shunted out of the North Stand? Strange that all away fans are better off out of the main stand yet it's perfectly reasonable to put us in there when Celtic visit.

I'm getting confused by this now, where are away fans being allocated, it appears going by the DR article it won't be the main stand, and going with the "concerns" over away fans being boxed in by the Jags support does that rule out the JHS

It reads that way, what the hell is going on here, he was talking about a facelift for the Main STand specifically to house away fans? Is this still happening.

More to the point, why is it a health and safety issue to have away fans in there but not Thistle fans?

Can Jim Alexander clarify this?

On an unrelated note Beattie is talking about morals throughout that article, he specifies Celtic will be also get U-16s in for free. This is very noble, but I hope his morals stretch to fairness and equality, if they charge our adults £29 to go there (with severely restricted views/complete blind spots for many), I sure as shit hope we aren't letting their adults into FIrhill for £20 and their kids in for free.

Prepare to be shifted out of the north stand several times in the season ahead, and be housed instead in a structure which has significant "health and safety issues" while away supporters are housed in the modern parts of the stadium.

Great to be back in the top league, innit.

If the Main Stand is suitable for home fans its suitable for away fans. Either its unsuitable, in which case close it for all games, or it's suitable, in which case put away fans in it and leave home fans where we want to be. ******* simple.

Would appreciate JJ clarifying this point, the DR article has just added more confusion to the mix.

On a separate note if a few of us sneak flares in for the Dundee United match will that guarantee that we'll always be housed in the North Stand?

All in all this is a ludicrous situation that is still pissing me off, and a diddy email and mixed messages from the club as to whether or not Firhill will revert to being a soul-less morgue next season aren't helping matters.

I presume that the club are effectively saying "home fans can have the less safe quaint and elderly accomodation because away supporters cannot be trusted to behave in a civilsed manner" I suspect that "damning with faint praise" is the intended or possibly unintended consequence of the statement.

Ok so for people that have bought ST's for the Shed, what now, 1st they were in the whole season, then being moved out twice for Celtic, now it looks like they will be moved to the main stand for many more games if not all (If segregation is an issue with away fans getting stuck between JHS city end and North stand), this is going to (and has) pissed a load of folk off, not to mention falsely selling goods (ST for North Stand). Is it going to be on a game to game basis where the shed goes, will the fans turn up on a Saturday not knowing where they will be? Shambles!!!!!!!!

Clarification needed now Thistle!!!!!!!!!!

The opening game against United is certainly going to be hotly anticipated by Thistle fans, both to get stuck in and to celebrate the league flag. The atmosphere is going to be electric. I don't know if the Arabs will be as worked up as us, but what if they predict that several thousand fans intend to travel down?

Will fans be moved for this game?

I applied for a season ticket via the Zebra finance scheme for the North Stand. Got my acceptance letter two weeks ago but have not returned as yet due to this North Stand carry on for, what I thought, was just 2 Celtic games.

I've since had three texts from Zebra advising that my application is incomplete and that I need to return the letter ASAP to get my North Stand ticket. I've been waiting to see what materialised from the Celtic fiasco before purchasing, but given this latest news about possibly being moved on a regular basis from the North Stand I've finally deceived not to purchase.

I may purchase one outright for the Jackie Husband stand at the end of July if finances allow, but this is by no means certain. Never had a season ticket in my 40 years of supporting Thistle, this fiasco (which could only happen to Thistle) has meant that I'll no longer be purchasing my first ever season ticket. No great loss in the grand scheme of things I'm sure, but I cant be the only one who has changed his mind about purchasing a North Stand season ticket.

If you purchase a season ticket it is valid for both the North Stand & JH Stand, there isn't a specific North Stand only season ticket.

But they are selling a North stand ST, people have had their ST's stamped with a "N" for North

Going by Beatties article they won't be in there at all

This confusion needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

If we are saying the Main Stand isn't good enough for away fans but is for home fans then that would take some explaining.

I still think North End of JH is best solution. Last year we had pretty large Dunfermline and Morton supports in there which will be similar to most SPL crowds.

Not sure if this has been posted before but from P and B a St Mirren fan has listed all crowds at SMp this season

Home Crowds

Inverness August 4th - 250 ICT fans, 3854 Saints fans (total gate 4104)

Hibernian August 18th - 959 Hibs fans, 4080 Saints fans (total gate 5039)

Hearts September 15th - 829 Hearts fans, 3478 Saints fans (total gate 4307)

Ross County September 30th - 262 Ross County fans, 3444 Saints fans (total gate 3706)

Celtic October 20th - 2434 Celtic fans, 3574 Saints fans (total gate 6008) *

Dundee Utd October 27th - 573 Dundee Utd fans, 3760 Saints fans (total gate 4333)

Aberdeen Nov 10th - 937 Aberdeen fans, 3549 Saints fans (total gate 4486)

Dundee Nov 24th - 975 Dundee fans, 3850 Saints fans (total gate 4825)

St.Johnstone Dec 8th - 315 St.Johnstone fans, 3387 Saints fans (total gate 3702)

Motherwell Dec 21st - 956 Motherwell fans, 3067 Saints fans (total gate 4023)

Kilmarnock Jan 3rd - 2022 Kilmarnock fans, 4325 Saints fans (total gate 6347)

Ross County Jan 17th - 219 Ross County fans, 3583 Saints fans (total gate 3802) *

ICT Jan 30th - 95 ICT fans, 2970 Saints fans (total gate 3065)

Hibernian Feb 16th - 645 Hibs fans, 3879 Saints fans (total gate 4524)

Hearts Feb 27th - 526 Hearts fans, 2843 Saints fans (total gate 3369)

Dundee Utd Mar 9th - 496 Dundee Utd fans, 2898 Saints fans (total gate 3394)

Celtic Mar 31st - 2414 Celtic fans, 3652 Saints fans (total gate 6066) *

Dundee Apr 20th - 436 Dundee fans, 3566 Saints fans (total gate 4002)

Aberdeen May 11th - 504 Aberdeen fans, 3788 Saints fans (total gate 4292)

We may initially get higher than those due to it being a relatively new ground for most teams but from that only Killie and Celtic brought crowds bigger than the 1200 or so seats in the North End of the JH.

I would also hazard a guess that next year we could get more home fans in the North Stand than the average SPL away support

• Like 1

But they are selling a North stand ST, people have had their ST's stamped with a "N" for North

Going by Beatties article they won't be in there at all

We are selling season tickets that get you entry to the JH Stand &/or North Stand (your choice for each match) there is no 'North Stand only' season ticket.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

We are selling season tickets that get you entry to the JH Stand or North Stand, there is no 'North Stand only' season ticket.

Yes but if you say when you purchase your season ticket it is for the "North Stand" you don't get offered a reserved seat in JHS or a seat anywhere.

Do those folk who forked out £280 + for a season ticket for the North Stand just need to show up and hope for the best at every home game next season?

All we can do is wait for clarification from the club and we know how quickly they are at doing that....

Edited by little_miss_jag

Yes but if you say when you purchase your season ticket it is for the "North Stand" you don't get offered a reserved seat in JHS or a seat anywhere.

Do those folk who forked out £280 + for a season ticket for the North Stand just need to show up and hope for the best at every home game next season?

All we can do is wait for clarification from the club and we know how quickly they are at doing that....

Fans who want to sit in the north stand for 1 or 18 matches can still reserve a seat in the JH Stand, if there's no seat number (or something saying please allocate me a seat) on the form, then we do not allocate that person a seat in the JH Stand. North stand is unreserved seating.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Not sure if this has been posted before but from P and B a St Mirren fan has listed all crowds at SMp this season

Home Crowds

Inverness August 4th - 250 ICT fans, 3854 Saints fans (total gate 4104)

Hibernian August 18th - 959 Hibs fans, 4080 Saints fans (total gate 5039)

Hearts September 15th - 829 Hearts fans, 3478 Saints fans (total gate 4307)

Ross County September 30th - 262 Ross County fans, 3444 Saints fans (total gate 3706)

Celtic October 20th - 2434 Celtic fans, 3574 Saints fans (total gate 6008) *

Dundee Utd October 27th - 573 Dundee Utd fans, 3760 Saints fans (total gate 4333)

Aberdeen Nov 10th - 937 Aberdeen fans, 3549 Saints fans (total gate 4486)

Dundee Nov 24th - 975 Dundee fans, 3850 Saints fans (total gate 4825)

St.Johnstone Dec 8th - 315 St.Johnstone fans, 3387 Saints fans (total gate 3702)

Motherwell Dec 21st - 956 Motherwell fans, 3067 Saints fans (total gate 4023)

Kilmarnock Jan 3rd - 2022 Kilmarnock fans, 4325 Saints fans (total gate 6347)

Ross County Jan 17th - 219 Ross County fans, 3583 Saints fans (total gate 3802) *

ICT Jan 30th - 95 ICT fans, 2970 Saints fans (total gate 3065)

Hibernian Feb 16th - 645 Hibs fans, 3879 Saints fans (total gate 4524)

Hearts Feb 27th - 526 Hearts fans, 2843 Saints fans (total gate 3369)

Dundee Utd Mar 9th - 496 Dundee Utd fans, 2898 Saints fans (total gate 3394)

Celtic Mar 31st - 2414 Celtic fans, 3652 Saints fans (total gate 6066) *

Dundee Apr 20th - 436 Dundee fans, 3566 Saints fans (total gate 4002)

Aberdeen May 11th - 504 Aberdeen fans, 3788 Saints fans (total gate 4292)

We may initially get higher than those due to it being a relatively new ground for most teams but from that only Killie and Celtic brought crowds bigger than the 1200 or so seats in the North End of the JH.

I would also hazard a guess that next year we could get more home fans in the North Stand than the average SPL away support

These figures suggest that (with the obvious exception of the Celtic game) the North stand could be segregated for to accommodate both home and away fans.

Fans who want to sit in the north stand for 1 or 18 matches can still reserve a seat in the JH Stand, if there's no seat number (or something saying please allocate me a seat) on the form, then we do not allocate that person a seat in the JH Stand. North stand is unreserved seating.

I bought my ticket over the phone, when I said I'd be sitting in the north stand I was advised I didn't need to reserve a seat and I wasn't offered one in the JHS either.

I bought my ticket over the phone, when I said I'd be sitting in the north stand I was advised I didn't need to reserve a seat and I wasn't offered one in the JHS either.

When I bought mine from office and mentioned it was for North Stand I was told no need to reserve a seat.