League Cup Draw

I see the English have been looking forward to their ties for 10 days now, with fans looking forward to the likes of Preston v Blackpool and Millwall v Wimbledon.

As usual, we're lagging behind up here. We're only 4 or 5 weeks away from the first games and fans here can't even find out when the draw is taking place, never mind who we're actually playing. Which is especially an issue for Jags since we have a date clash with United to consider.

Hopefully the new SPFL website will sharpen up communications for the coming years.

So who do you fancy?

In and out of Castle Grayskull with a swag bag of dirty cash would do for me...

It's an absurdity that should be removed ASAP. Up there with the bizarre sight of seeing grown men wet their pants at the prospect of their team finishing 6th instead of 7th in a League.

Apparently, all 42 clubs will meet tomorrow to form the 9 man SPFL board and discuss some issues. Who knows, common sense might pevail and we might yet be spared the ignominy of competing with the likes of yer Airdrie's and your Annan's.

Paddy's go:

Celtic 5/4

Rangers 9/1

Aberdeen 11/1

Motherwell 11/1

Dundee United 11/1

Hibernian 12/1

Inverness CT 18/1

St Johnstone 18/1

Hearts 18/1

Ross County 20/1

Kilmarnock 20/1

St Mirren 33/1

Partick 40/1

Dundee 50/1

Interesting to see we're as likely as last years winners...

Do SPL teams enter the League Cup at whatever round it is that plays on 03 August?

Only us I believe, at least on the basis of the last two seasons when Dunfermline and Dundee had to play at that stage.

Presumably we won't play the cup tie on the 3rd and it will be that game rescheduled instead of the United game?

Edited by H Wragg

Presumably we won't play the cup tie on the 3rd and it will be that game rescheduled instead of the United game?

Dundee and Dunfermline played their League Cup 1st round games in the midweek prior to the SPL start. I think that would be good: a competitive match before the League starts. Hopefully we'll still be in for Round Two. Our Cup form (last year's Ramsden's aside) hasn't been that great of late.

I have just been informed via coded correspondence from secret agents in North Korea that the League Cup draw will take place at Hampden on Friday.

Whatever you do, don't tell anybody...

:secret:

↓ The A to Z of Independence - Sorting myth from fact ↓

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/4341-a-unionist-lexicon-an-a-z-of-unionist-scare-stories-myths-and-misinformation

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

I have just been informed via coded correspondence from secret agents in North Korea that the League Cup draw will take place at Hampden on Friday.

Whatever you do, don't tell anybody...

:secret:

↓ The A to Z of Independence - Sorting myth from fact ↓

http://www.newsnetsc...-misinformation

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Longmuir must be too busy prepping for his interview today to do his job......

It was nice to see Albion Rovers pull the h*ns, since they were relegated and will be one of the two or three who will miss out on the League revenue boost. Good luck to them.

As for a wee day oot in Annan. Could still be on. The mighty Jags are seeded.

Possible 1st Round opponents:

Stenhousemuir

Ayr United

Stranraer

East Fife

Albion Rovers

The Rangers

Peterhead

Queen's Park

Berwick Rangers

Elgin City

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic

Clyde

East Stirlingshire

It was nice to see Albion Rovers pull the h*ns, since they were relegated and will be one of the two or three who will miss out on the League revenue boost. Good luck to them.

As for a wee day oot in Annan. Could still be on. The mighty Jags are seeded.

Possible 1st Round opponents:

Stenhousemuir

Ayr United

Stranraer

East Fife

Albion Rovers

The Rangers

Peterhead

Queen's Park

Berwick Rangers

Elgin City

Montrose

Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic

Clyde

East Stirlingshire

Sevco away please. Pump them on their patch.

I see the English have been looking forward to their ties for 10 days now, with fans looking forward to the likes of Preston v Blackpool and Millwall v Wimbledon.

As usual, we're lagging behind up here. We're only 4 or 5 weeks away from the first games and fans here can't even find out when the draw is taking place, never mind who we're actually playing. Which is especially an issue for Jags since we have a date clash with United to consider.

Hopefully the new SPFL website will sharpen up communications for the coming years.

So who do you fancy?

In and out of Castle Grayskull with a swag bag of dirty cash would do for me...

Would love that to be the draw myself

Castle Grey skull where the good guys hang out :D