Kyle Hutton

Lindau

Sit on the fence with this one.

On the plus side. He passes both of the Archie criteria. He suits our style of play and he fitted in well.

On the minus side. he's not made much of a mark on the third division.

On the don't know if it's a plus or minus side. he's got valuable SPL experience with Dunfermline but than again they were relegated and only won one game while he was there..

Rangers fan in my work said he was absolutely awful last season but as I pointed out he was good with us cos he had good players around him, i'd take him back no problem

I had heard the same thing, which was surprising, because he did really well when he was on loan at Firhill.

I'd certainly take a punt on him, provided he isn't looking for too much money.

Edited by Guy Incognito

He could well interest Archie if he does become available. He was excellent for us and looked to have the potential to play at a higher level. Surprised that he has not done better with Sevco.

Think if we are interested, Archie will want to take a look at him in a few games before committing to any contract offer.

We won’t sign him and Mark Kerr so depends on what happening with him as well.

IMO Hutton wasn't great for us.

He played well in the 5-0 Morton game but apart from that he didn't look interested.

His comments after the Culter game means we shouldn't sign him.

That's absolute nonsense. Hutton is one of the very few loan players dropping down from a club above us that looked as if he did care. If what you say is accurate it doesn't say much for our players who must've been completely oblivious to his indifference.

To repeat I'm not sure whether he'd be a good signing or not on recent (even medium term) form. He does tho' play to our style and by most accounts would fit in well with our squad.

• Like 1

Even if Hutton was tentatively decent for us he was still poor at Dunfermline in the SPL and Rangers in the 3rd; and he's a **** for his comments against Thistle fans.

There is talk of him going on loan to Morton. Hopefully that works out and we'll never heard from him again.

Even if Hutton was tentatively decent for us he was still poor at Dunfermline in the SPL and Rangers in the 3rd; and he's a **** for his comments against Thistle fans.

There is talk of him going on loan to Morton. Hopefully that works out and we'll never heard from him again.

No idea what he said about Thistle fans, and don't imagine I would be too fussed given that people often take exception to virtually nothing these days. Fact is we were good when he was in the team (won 5, drew 4, lost 2) and not nearly as good when he wasn't (7, 7 and 11). He wasn't flamboyant but he played well and did an important job a lot better than anyone else we had on the books that season. No idea how he performed at Pars, though obviously they did get relegated. At Sevco, he has a hopeless manager and set-up to work in. He would do better out of that cesspit, and I think he would be a decent fit, but he's probably getting to the last throw of the dice stage in his career. Up to him if he makes the right call depending on his options.

Every signing is a risk, no matter who it is. This time last year pretty much everyone on here plus all St. Mirren fans I spoke to said Shug was a guaranteed good signing. However, after a good start the guy dropped out the team and lost his cool in 2 of the biggest games of the season.

So it's always a gamble, whether the player is coming from the SPL or the juniors.

I would say that Hutton is worth a 6 month deal at least. If his attitude is right, he'll be looking to get his career back on track pronto.

What did he say abiut Thistle fans? I can't remember anything.

Yeah does someone want to enlighten us!! I do remember him saying that he was loving his time at Firhill and would have been happy to stay for a longer period if it was possible

I think he said somethin slaggin the fans at for the abuse they gave the players after culter. That sort of reaction stuff doesnt bother me that much, yeh the fans travelled a LONG way and watched a pretty poor performance, but I'm sure they weren't quiet little angels themselves. Usual fickleness of the football fan, we can shout and scream whatever we want, we pay our money, but no-one's allowed to react in the heat of the moment, just sit there and take it.

Off the top of my head Hutton played well in his debut v Ross County, a win at Dens Park and a game at home to Ayr on top of the 5-0 Morton game.

I'm surprised anyone can accuse him of a lack of effort, he was one of the few loan players from either Celtic or Rangers who seemed to care and actually bothered his arse.

• Like 1