Captain

Charlie Endell

Doolan. Longest serving player at the club and a real professional both on and off the park. Doesn't mess about on twitter or say daft things in the press. A real example to the young players coming through.

Balatoni for much of the same merits. It just makes more sense to have your captain behind most of his teammates and central. Shug Murray could have been the obvious choice but for reasons just as obvious he may be unsuitable. I like strikers to drop in and out team come on as sub etc.and I'd suggest that doesn't suit captaincy. Plus for all intents and purposes Conrad was the leader on the park for much of the second part of last season.

All that said Ian is correct about Kris. A great example and I wouldn't be the least surprised to see him wear the armband even if as I say he might not play the ideal position for a captain.

Doolan for me a true professional and a vice Captain in Muirhead who will have bright future in the game and has the desire to play for Thistle

One we should groom long term following him signing his extension showing us supposes what the jags mean to himConrad has had an excellent season however yet to commit ?

Whoever it is, I would prefer someone who has two years on a contract and are therefore less likely to pre-sign for some other club halfway through the season. Like wot Paton did.

Looks like Balatoni is also extending his contract http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spl/balatoni-move-will-be-shot-in-the-arm-for-jags-130173n.21569442?

Doolan was captain last night. The first time I've noticed the armband this pre-season, I don't even think there was a captain at Annan.

Didn't we have something like 6 on field captains at different stages last season (Archie, Shug, Erskine, Praton, Craig and Dools)? Possibly more than 6, who was captain for the QP game?