Really hope Thistle get a positive result on Friday which will be a tough game.

I was hoping to take in the match but the youths are training at the Firhill complex the same night.

Hopefully we will hear the Jags fans confirming the game is going to plan. :)

fine, we will have the bridge back, they are welcome to keep twit(ter) paton.

:fan: :fan:"You'll want to come home, you'll want to come h-o-m-e, Dundees a £$%^&hole, you'll want to come home!" :fan: :fan:

What radio channel do I need to tune to as driving at time of match aaaaargh!!!! :doh:

I can't begin to describe the euphoria I will experience when the final whistle sounds and the anticipated outcome has materialised. I'll be glued to the expected 'live feed' thread on here throughout. There will be one, won't there?

And I know we as fans should be keeping a cool head and focusing exclusively on the action on the park etc., but I do sincerely hope that Snakey gets ultra-high magnitude dogs abuse. I'll never forgive that so&so for the disrespect he showed our club. Sure, he'll be expecting it, but let the reality exceed his worst expectations.

Monni Thistle. Intaerrum.

I hope we ignore snakey and give the jags team our full support, as i feel the best way to repay nim is to take 3pts off his team on Friday and as many as possible after that.If we do find ourselves 3 or more ahead going into the last few minutes then we should let him and the rest of DUFC know what we think of them.
  • Like 2

I don't think we'll score to many goals this season, or indeed concede too many. Nonetheless I'm predicting a 2-2 draw for this one. I think the players should be able to make use of the novelty of a packed Firhill and our first game in the top flight for 9 years by turning up superbly motivated, therefore I can see us scoring more than one. By the same token DU have so many excellent attacking options, they should also pose a big goalscoring threat. I wouldn't be surprised either to see some 'mind games' pop up from McNamara in the next coupe of days, with the emotion surrounding the fixture he'd be daft not to try and play on it.

Think the game will be really tight to be honest.

This Turkish guy that they've signed looks to be a real player.

Incidentally, united supporting mate that I spoke to last night says that the fans aren't convinced by Erskine, but love Paton to bits already.

Who is the Turkish player please - or is it maybe the Mexican you mean ??

Lambie always built from the back and if Archie can emulate Lambie he'll do OK.

Saying that we need Doolan to do an Alex Burns and get 16 goals.

Shitting it.

I feel being realistic that our goals will come from a few players rather than Doolan doing a Toastie or a Grady. More of a concern to me is us making enough clear cut goal scoring chances. I don't recall too many games last season where we missed sitter after sitter. There's not been many sitters missed in our last three friendlies either.

I'm confident that Doolan will have a good goals to misses ratio. Baird too for that matter. I'm just less confident about Kris getting sufficient service.

Incidentally, united supporting mate that I spoke to last night says that the fans aren't convinced by Erskine, but love Paton to bits already.

This tells you everything you need to know about the fans of that vile club.

I'm confident we will do them.

• Like 1

I get over for 2 or 3 games a season but I can't ever remember feeling like this for any games i have been too. I don't know if it's because we're back were we belong or just cause we can hurl abuse at the snake for 90 minutes. Maybe it's because i can laugh at all my mates cause their beloved sevco aren't here.

I finish work at 0900, my flight is at 1010, early check in at the hotel and get a few hours kip, then hopefully, for what is sure to be one of the most memorable nights i have experienced being a Jag.

• Like 1

I hope we ignore snakey and give the jags team our full support, as i feel the best way to repay nim is to take 3pts off his team on Friday and as many as possible after that.If we do find ourselves 3 or more ahead going into the last few minutes then we should let him and the rest of DUFC know what we think of them.

Fair comment, AJ. Likewise, and in the undesirable event that the game is beyond our reach in the last few minutes, I hope and don't doubt that our fans will annihilate him. That might then be taken as sour grapes, so best if we give him pelters at least intermittently throughout the game.

Main thing, of course, is that we emerge with a result; our season is about infinitely more than just getting that wee shite back for what he did to us. Even us atheists are praying hard for a result. Mon Thistle, please please do this mob.

I think McNamara will be quite happy to soak up 90 minutes of abuse, if it stops Erskine, Paton or any other player for that matter getting wound up by the jags fans.

As much as i want to give the wee ***** both barrells, just to get it out my system, it servers no benefit to our team. The best thing we could actually do is completely ignore him.

I think i must be growing up, saying all that!

• Like 1

Dundee United do have better attacking options than us but so did we when we lost to Morton, Dumbarton, Airdrie and Hamilton under McNamara. The same players that Archie had on that fantastic unbeaten run.

McNamara signed some good players for us but his constant problem was that he couldn't set the team up in away games.

If we can keep it tight all over the pitch, which we should do, and get in front then I think we won't lose it.

Mon the Jags.

I think McNamara will be quite happy to soak up 90 minutes of abuse, if it stops Erskine, Paton or any other player for that matter getting wound up by the jags fans.

As much as i want to give the wee ***** both barrells, just to get it out my system, it servers no benefit to our team. The best thing we could actually do is completely ignore him.

I think i must be growing up, saying all that!

i won't be giving the snake 90 minutes of abuse.

i will however be giving it to him periodically.

as i will to Paton.

and goodwillie who failed to impress down south.

and their keeper.

and whoever else is in that bogging strip of theirs.

with exception of the bridge (who may not even play, given preseason selections of theirs).

but if or when he does a mistake, or misses a chance, or his teammates let him down in a move, i hope we all give him a rousing version of "you'll want to come home" on each occassion.

i hope all Jags supporters will back the boys in red and yellow throughout the 90 minutes, and are vocal and extremely loud and proud when they do so.

but i would also hope that interspersed among that backing of our lads, that at every given opportunity, the snake and all his players (excepting the Bridge) are given both barrels, with equally loud chants.

lets back our kids 200% but at same time wind up every one of their players and management team.

lets scare the living daylights out of the opposition, while backing our players and management team, to the hilt.

and lets keep the northstand red and yellow, and make sure our board knows the strength and depth of feeling on it.

lets make Firhill a cauldron of noise, a hugely intimidating atmosphere on friday evening AND for every home game this season.

lets be the 12th man.

#wegotthis

BELIEVE!!!

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 3