I checked with my local that they have BT sport. They said they do and that they'll definitely be showing it, but it'll be typical if two large groups turn up, one wanting to watch Notts County vs Sheff Utd and the other the Super League.

Not sure if I'll make it tonight damn.

We all have to get behind the team this season through thick and thin. We won't win every game.

It always reminds me of going to the Scotland v Wales game. Before it, there was 45 mins of songs, chants, the PA system, Braveheart, Freedom, Bannockburn, Shortbread biscuits, Irn Bru, The Krankies etc.. Everyone was bouncing and really hyper to see Strachan.

After about 30 seconds of the match, Grant Hanley made a slack pass and the whole stadium turned : "aah you're hopeless", "ya clown","Rubbish" "Terrible"

I couldn't believe it!

We're not like that. we have a really young team who will make mistakes but we owe it to them, from their performances last season, to gee them up, spur them forward and NOT berate them when they make slips or mistakes.

We believe

#thistlethruthickandthin

For anybody stuck overseas and who has a bet365 account!

Was on bet365 earlier, and noticed that they will also be showing the game live.

Generally find their feed much smoother and higher quality (albeit smaller screen size) than most of the streams which are usually available.

Team announced.

Scott Fox, Stephen O'Donnell, Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Sean Welsh, Aaron Muirhead, Conrad Balatoni, Gary Fraser, Stuart Bannigan, James Craigen, Steve Lawless, Kris Doolan.

Subs: Paul Gallacher, John Baird, Mark Kerr, Ross Forbes, Isaac Osbourne, Christie Elliott, Henoc Mukendi.

Looks like a regular 4--3-3 with Fraser replacing Erskine from last season. Interesting and exciting.

Thistle started well, should have got a penalty during the onslaught of corners at about 10 mins in. United came back into it, Fox pulled off two v. good saves from Goodwillie and then Paton. Not too many chances for Thistle, United keeper had a good save to prevent an og! In general a good game.

Going off the usual cutting edge BBC report, I fear for our players' exhaustion after last night: +40 minutes of added time. Also, good to see they're still listing 'Lawleff' and 'Doohlan'. (Can't do the link thing).

More importantly, great effort from our boys. Just very relieved, and proud, we're still undefeated.

Going off the usual cutting edge BBC report, I fear for our players' exhaustion after last night: +40 minutes of added time. Also, good to see they're still listing 'Lawleff' and 'Doohlan'. (Can't do the link thing).

BBC have their own journalist do the match report then take the team line ups and stats from the AP. No idea who AP have doing Scottish football but the coverage is laughable. As well as those already mentioned they're still spelling it Erskene and had Don rather than Dow for United. Their stats said we had 1 shot on target. I can think of at least 4 saves their keeper made from Doolan, Baird, Fraser and Forbes. Apparently we only committed 2 fouls too!

• Like 1

More importantly, great effort from our boys. Just very relieved, and proud, we're still undefeated.

Link.

09 Doohlan (Baird - 72' )

11 Lawleff

"Live text and data provided by The Press Association"

Can't believe that they are back!! :red_card:

Link.

09 Doohlan (Baird - 72' )

11 Lawleff

"Live text and data provided by The Press Association"

Can't believe that they are back!! :red_card:

according to them Derek Lyle scored 2 hat-tricks in a 6-0 win against Annan, in fairness he did score 1 hat trick in a 3-0 win! and wee Jeff Stelling was having a stroke on Soccer Saturday cos no results were coming through haha

The BBC radio guys were poking fun at Thistle for Flag-gate after Friday's game.

They should, however, take a long look at their own professionalism, given the complete shambles of a results programme at teatime tonight.

They had Queen of the South winning 6-0 instead of 3-0 and Raith winning 6-0 instead of 2-0.

**** Just checked - it's still showing those scores on their web site nearly 5 hours after the games finished! ****

The other results may well be a load of Lillian Gish as well - how can we tell?

They also had, say, 3 goals for ICT but only 2 scorers named and for other games had no scorers listed where goals had been scored.

All in all, a total disgrace for the self-appointed "National Broadcaster".

The BBC radio guys were poking fun at Thistle for Flag-gate after Friday's game.

They should, however, take a long look at their own professionalism, given the complete shambles of a results programme at teatime tonight.

They had Queen of the South winning 6-0 instead of 3-0 and Raith winning 6-0 instead of 2-0.

**** Just checked - it's still showing those scores on their web site nearly 5 hours after the games finished! ****

The other results may well be a load of Lillian Gish as well - how can we tell?

They also had, say, 3 goals for ICT but only 2 scorers named and for other games had no scorers listed where goals had been scored.

All in all, a total disgrace for the self-appointed "National Broadcaster".

I noticed that too although it wasn't just the BBC who were screwing it up; the Sky Sports vidiprinter was reporting that Derek Lyle had scored six goals in ten minutes and Queens were winning 6-0.

Just one small point, however - Raith did actually win 6-0, as unlikely as it sounds.

I well imagine it's been posted elsewhere but I've just noticed that we kicked off our last jaunt into the top division with a goalless draw at Firhill Sat 3rd Aug 02. The crowd that day was 6375. Three who played in that game were involved last night as coaches (Archie, Shaggy & Gallacher)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I well imagine it's been posted elsewhere but I've just noticed that we kicked off our last jaunt into the top division with a goalless draw at Firhill Sat 3rd Aug 02. The crowd that day was 6375. Three who played in that game were involved last night as coaches (Archie, Shaggy & Gallacher)

It was 1 goal each if I remember right.

Well, on the subject of that game it's kinda hard to compare respective teams due to different systems but worth a go.

Aug 3rd 2002

Bud

McKinstry

Craigan

Paterson

Whyte

Archie

Mitchell

Hardie

Buchan

Toastie

Trigger

Gerry B must've been injured or suspended and missed that game but I'll include him anyway..

I don't think Bud, Banjo or the two Jamies would get close to today's starting XI. McLean, tho' we didn't know it at the time, was a spent force so it would be touch and go if he'd maybe just make today's bench.

With the use of hindsight based on the players form that season only and using today's formation of 4-2-3-1 I'd start Craigan & Whyte as centrebacks and Archie at left back. I'm not too sure where I'd deploy Hardie in today's midfield but he'd be in the team. Shaggy I sense would be comfortable in central midfield today. Burns would be a definite starter tho' not sure as the solitary striker or combining his attacking midfield skills behind the striker.

So just for the fun of it combing the two squads and playing today's system my optimum team would be....

Fox

O'Donnell

Craigan

Whyte

Archibald

Hardie

Paterson

Lawless

Burns

Bannigan

?Britton/Doolan

I'm very hopeful that even if above sounds about right today that in a few weeks guys like Welsh, Osbourne, Sinclair & Muirhead will have pushed some of the Lambie lads out.

Sticking to today's formation what do others have in mind for their combined XI?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

That one lived up to the 0-0 scoreline, just ;)

Aaro would be in my team before Whyte

He has a bright future and has done so well for us in a year of full time

Hope he remains with us for years to come but I believe he could move on is year or so

I also believe Welsh if remains fit will be a big player for us in SPl