Chris Erskine

DUFCFAN

The only reason he might not cut it would be if McNamara doesn't use him properly. There's no doubt he can play at this level, put it this way, despite being our best performer last season he would be the only one unable to make the step up (the rest of the team clearly have).

I sincerely hope that Kerr isn't far better than Paton, if he is we are in real trouble. Mark Kerr is absolute murder, as fans of all of his previous clubs will attest to. There is a reason he is almost unanimously despised by The Sheep, The Fun and ourselves. He is absolutely one of the most clueless panic merchants to ever pull on a jersey at Tannadice, cannot do the basics whatsoever. I was genuinely surprised when you took a punt on him this summer as he is dire in every sense of the word.

From what I have seen of Kerr I would say he is better. Paton is a very limited footballer albeit he will give u 100%. In my opinion Paton was very overrated by some thistle fans and it showed when he was out injured we didn't miss him.

Kerr is a decent player, good skill, can pass seems to be able to play in our system. Don't know what you mean by 'panic merchant' as he hasn't played in a crunch game for us - in fact has been a bench player in our two league games.

There is something about him that niggles me and I don't know if there's anything really to back it up - I don't know what it is, maybe he does lack 'bottle' as you suggest. But it's daft to say he's rotten - he's a decent player, though I'd say when all players are fit he'll be second or third choice. Reckon he can probably do a good job for us as cover when a player's out for a few games due to injury/suspension.

What is his best position though? Behind the striker? Left winger?

Left-sided withdrawn inside forward. He has lacked consistency in the past, but not last season IMO. He's quite unconventional and can appear ungainly, which makes him an easy target for those looking for someone to shout at.

Kerr is a decent player, good skill, can pass seems to be able to play in our system. Don't know what you mean by 'panic merchant' as he hasn't played in a crunch game for us - in fact has been a bench player in our two league games.

There is something about him that niggles me and I don't know if there's anything really to back it up - I don't know what it is, maybe he does lack 'bottle' as you suggest. But it's daft to say he's rotten - he's a decent player, though I'd say when all players are fit he'll be second or third choice. Reckon he can probably do a good job for us as cover when a player's out for a few games due to injury/suspension.

I'm not on the wind up here at all, but you're wrong, Mark Kerr is a pathetic excuse for a footballer. The fact that the fans of a very poor Dundee side say the same should be enough evidence of that. Give him 15-20 games and you'll see what I mean. I've never seen someone so incapable of the basics. Headless chicken is the phrase that comes to mind and not in a good sense. He will make stupid mistakes that'll cost you points this season, of that I have no doubt. "Bottler" would be a polite way of describing him.

Wow !! this post is going back and forth !! Ratmara has had a poor start while our Archie is just going from strength to strength, time will tell, but I honestly believe, contrary to my hasty and highly criticised ( overly) comments on our new boss's managerial talents, that the Jags will finish above DUFC and possibly in a Euro position, watch the speed of our guys in the Ross County game !! , and also the change of tactics that Archie has the acumen to instruct, wide one half , tight the second , no doubts now about Thistle . Erskine ? a great player with Jags when he turned it at times , not my favourite , but very talented in spurts, hope he comes back to us for free, make up for DUFC stealing him in the first place !!

Erskine was outstanding last season.But he left us and now at DUFC.We have a number of players who have signed 2year contracts with us imo they deserve our support and not somebody who thought the grass was greener elsewhere.We have a number of players who cant get into the first 11,they deserve their chance more than Erskine.So imo even if we could get him on loan i would say no.Before anybody says i know it is all hypothetical.

• Like 1

A question for DUFCFAN:

If you could swap, which of our players would you take, and who would you give us in return?

For Jags fans:

Who would you give to DU in exchange for whom?

I really couldn't say, I haven't seen enough of your players to really make an informed decision on this. Both your full backs looked good against us and we are light at centre half, so possibly Balatoni.

In terms of players you could have from us, I'd maybe go with Michael Gardyne, he's a decent player who's never been given a chance in his proper position (Behind the striker). Houston played 442 and used Midge either up front or on the right hand side, he was pretty ineffective but has never had an extended run of games to show what he's worth. The formation Jackie plays now is possibly better suited to him but he appears to be so far down the pecking order that I can see him leaving before the end of the month. He'd certainly enhance most SPL teams as he definitely has the required quality but it just hasn't worked out for him at United.

With the greatest respect to you, as long as we get our act together we will finish ahead of Partick and in the top 4 at least. Guys like GMS, Armstrong, Goodie, Gunning are still top drawer SPL players. I saw some were saying GMS is just a show pony, this isn't true whatsoever, GMS on his game is unplayable, the things he can do are ridiculous, he could easily play for any lower end (English) Premier League/ Upper Championship side, he is slightly more wary now due to some of the assaults that guys like Richie Foran put in on him on a regular basis, he is truely head and shoulders above 99% of this league on his game. Stuart Armstrong is sheer class and will excel at a higher level in a a year or two, he's a similar type of player to Steven Gerrard, obviously I'm not saying he's on his level but in terms of their style of play, he's had a drop in form recently but he just lost his Mum earlier this year, the maturity he's shown for a 21 year old is incredible (He put in a MOTM performance against Sevco the day after her funeral). Goodie will score plenty once he gets his first out of the way, he's a greedy barsteward and has been snatching at chances a bit but he'll get back to his usual self, soon enough.

Edited by DUFCFAN

I'm not on the wind up here at all, but you're wrong, Mark Kerr is a pathetic excuse for a footballer. The fact that the fans of a very poor Dundee side say the same should be enough evidence of that. Give him 15-20 games and you'll see what I mean. I've never seen someone so incapable of the basics. Headless chicken is the phrase that comes to mind and not in a good sense. He will make stupid mistakes that'll cost you points this season, of that I have no doubt. "Bottler" would be a polite way of describing him.

Some footballers get better, some get worse mind you!

... Goodie will score plenty once he gets his first out of the way, he's a greedy barsteward and has been snatching at chances a bit but he'll get back to his usual self, soon enough.

Nobody likes a selfish striker when they are missing golden chances like the one at the weekend. He seems quite petulant when things don't go his way. His demeanour when you played us reminded me of the young Gasgoine. On the edge. I'm sure you're right, once he finds the target he'll get a few.

Can I say that it is a pleasure to engage with you here. We had an erseho1e from Morton on last season but you have restored my faith in the ability of opposing fans to debate intelligently. However, you are wrong to believe that you will finish above Thistle this season. Oh, by the way, we don't like being called Partick, we are THE Thistle. :)

Nobody likes a selfish striker when they are missing golden chances like the one at the weekend. He seems quite petulant when things don't go his way. His demeanour when you played us reminded me of the young Gasgoine. On the edge. I'm sure you're right, once he finds the target he'll get a few.

Can I say that it is a pleasure to engage with you here. We had an erseho1e from Morton on last season but you have restored my faith in the ability of opposing fans to debate intelligently. However, you are wrong to believe that you will finish above Thistle this season. Oh, by the way, we don't like being called Partick, we are THE Thistle. :)

Haha, sorry, I'll refrain from using Partick from now on. As I say though our fans don't have a problem with you, Most would agree that we should have handled the McNamara situation better than we did, Stephen Thompson is cutting the cloth after years of overspending, so any loophole he could find in terms of compensation he was always gonna take, in general he has done well for our club (More than halving the debt in two years) and has carried on his Father's good work. I do understand your stance on Jackie as I've seen similar situations happen all too often at my club but he is our manager now so for that I have to back him.

In terms of finishing above us, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, although I do think you have a good season ahead of you, as you look like you play the "proper way" as Jackie puts it, unlike they hammer throwers you beat at the weekend.

• Like 1

Haha, sorry, I'll refrain from using Partick from now on. As I say though our fans don't have a problem with you, Most would agree that we should have handled the McNamara situation better than we did, Stephen Thompson is cutting the cloth after years of overspending, so any loophole he could find in terms of compensation he was always gonna take, in general he has done well for our club (More than halving the debt in two years) and has carried on his Father's good work. I do understand your stance on Jackie as I've seen similar situations happen all too often at my club but he is our manager now so for that I have to back him.

In terms of finishing above us, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, although I do think you have a good season ahead of you, as you look like you play the "proper way" as Jackie puts it, unlike they hammer throwers you beat at the weekend.

I worked for Morning . Noon and Night until Eddie Thompson sold it. Eddie was an absolute gentleman, BUT Stephen Thompson was an absolute CRETIN, and I believe he still is.

I really couldn't say, I haven't seen enough of your players to really make an informed decision on this. Both your full backs looked good against us and we are light at centre half, so possibly Balatoni.

In terms of players you could have from us, I'd maybe go with Michael Gardyne, he's a decent player who's never been given a chance in his proper position (Behind the striker). Houston played 442 and used Midge either up front or on the right hand side, he was pretty ineffective but has never had an extended run of games to show what he's worth. The formation Jackie plays now is possibly better suited to him but he appears to be so far down the pecking order that I can see him leaving before the end of the month. He'd certainly enhance most SPL teams as he definitely has the required quality but it just hasn't worked out for him at United.

With the greatest respect to you, as long as we get our act together we will finish ahead of Partick and in the top 4 at least. Guys like GMS, Armstrong, Goodie, Gunning are still top drawer SPL players. I saw some were saying GMS is just a show pony, this isn't true whatsoever, GMS on his game is unplayable, the things he can do are ridiculous, he could easily play for any lower end (English) Premier League/ Upper Championship side, he is slightly more wary now due to some of the assaults that guys like Richie Foran put in on him on a regular basis, he is truely head and shoulders above 99% of this league on his game. Stuart Armstrong is sheer class and will excel at a higher level in a a year or two, he's a similar type of player to Steven Gerrard, obviously I'm not saying he's on his level but in terms of their style of play, he's had a drop in form recently but he just lost his Mum earlier this year, the maturity he's shown for a 21 year old is incredible (He put in a MOTM performance against Sevco the day after her funeral). Goodie will score plenty once he gets his first out of the way, he's a greedy barsteward and has been snatching at chances a bit but he'll get back to his usual self, soon enough.

I think you and the rest of the united fans are in for a bit of a shock to be honest. It appears you are still under-estimating us and for me that's just fine. The less respect we get from other teams the more matches we will win.

You have some great options going forward but Goodwillie missed a lot of chances at Firhill and the one he missed at the weekend was right out of the Van Vossen handbook. I saw one of the guys who got subbed at the weekend having a wee tantrum in the dugout as well. I think you are extremely dodgy at the back and it appears that Jackie has blown his budget on the forward line, so unless you can get some guys out the door to make way for a couple of centre halves I think you could struggle.

With the greatest respect to you, as long as we get our act together we will finish ahead of Partick and in the top 4 at least. Guys like GMS, Armstrong, Goodie, Gunning are still top drawer SPL players.

Four players out of a full squad, eh? I can see you finishing second behind Celtic with such an incomprehensible pool of talent.

I like what you all have to say about Erskine, but he really needs to show some quality, quickly, our fans won't show him the patience... What is his best position though? Behind the striker? Left winger?

Regarding Jackie, I'll give him his due in that he certainly hasn't shown much of an ego yet, he seem's fairly modest and humble in his interviews,....

Hi Jackie!

• Like 2

Hi guys, DUFC fan in peace here, first of all well done on a terrific victory yesterday against the hammer throwers, I know there's a bit of bad blood between our clubs just now but I certainly wish you all the best this season. (Except against us)

On topic though, can anyone delineate the bright side of Chris Erskine for me, I've seen him play 4 times for us so far and each time he's looked dreadful. I've seen milk turn quicker than him and it seems as if his second touch is always a tackle, I've yet to see him take the ball past a player and he really seem's to break up our attacks more than he adds to them. Hope he can prove me wrong but I've seen nothing from him yet to suggest he'll be a good signing for us. Although he was very poor yesterday, I think the fans that cheered his substitution were an absolute disgrace, really hope he prove me wrong and I know you guys rate him highly, just hope his confidence isn't shot to pieces by some of the idiots in our support.

can we have him back then? certain players fit certain clubs n i reckon partick th n kikbirnie e his teams