Piped Crowd Noise - Enough Is Enough

Dark Passenger

unanimity on the forum - perhaps for the first time ever. NEVER AGAIN, Thistle!

The atmosphere was tremendous last night. I was in the dullard seats but the place was still jumping: there was no need for it. Red-hot luvvie spread out before you on the bed with a come-hither look in her eye - and you pop off to the cludgie for a quick one off the wrist? Pathetic.

• Like 2

Like most things through our PA system - couldn't really hear it. But no thanks to piped anything. Cheers.

I was sitting about 6 rows back close to speakers and it was pathetic.

On another note, cut out the loud music in the minutes before the teams come out. We want to hear the fans, not have them drowned out

• Like 2

Like most things through our PA system - couldn't really hear it. But no thanks to piped anything. Cheers.

Must confess that, sitting in the JH Stand I have been blissfully unaware of it both last season and this. Is it only audible in the stand behind the goal.? Don't like the idea which seems imported from US sporting events and is surely alien to us Maybe I need another hearing test?

Must confess that, sitting in the JH Stand I have been blissfully unaware of it both last season and this. Is it only audible in the stand behind the goal.? Don't like the idea which seems imported from US sporting events and is surely alien to us Maybe I need another hearing test?

I can't hear anything in the north stand from the speakers unless underneath the stand at the pie stalls, gave up on the half time draw last season and just check the scores on my phone now.

No. I sit in the JHS just on the half way line about 7 rows from the front and I heard it clear as day. Every time it was played (and it was a good half dozen) all around me looked at the tannoy speaker in disbelief and shook their heads in disgust.

I'm all for piped crowd noise...

... as long as it's limited to the away dressing room speakers only. :P

Seriously, we need to drop this propaganda bull. This is North Glasgow not feckin' North Korea...

As far as I am aware Partick Thistle do not play match atmosphere over the PA system on purpose.

I am certain what is being played out through the PA system is feed back from the fans in the North stand. Microphones and Speakers act very much the same, if you shout into a speaker and have it hooked up to a microphone you will be able to hear it through the mic. The reason why it sounds so horrible is because its going through the PA system backwards and you get that tinny sound.

The only way to deal with the problem is to turn off the speakers in the North Stand, which I know they sometimes do, which is why sometimes you dont hear it. However I know they also sometimes forget to switch it back off/on, which is why they sometimes miss announcements in the North Stand.

The only other way to deal with the problem is to get a better PA system.

Edited by ewanstu

As far as I am aware Partick Thistle do not play match atmosphere over the PA system on purpose.

I am certain what is being played out through the PA system is feed back from the fans in the North stand. Microphones and Speakers act very much the same, if you shout into a speaker and have it hooked up to a microphone you will be able to hear it through the mic. The reason why it sounds so horrible is because its going through the PA system backwards and you get that tinny sound.

The only way to deal with the problem is to turn off the speakers in the North Stand, which I know they sometimes do, which is why sometimes you dont hear it. However I know they also sometimes forget to switch it back off/on, which is why they sometimes miss announcements in the North Stand.

What a load of shite.

• Like 1

Sorry, but that's completely incorrect. What was being played over the PA on Friday was recorded crowd noise, the North Stand wasn't signing at the time.

I didn't hear it last season and thought it might have been the feedback you were referring to, but this was definitely pre-recorded Thistle chants.

What a load of shite.

Would rather believe that than suggest the ludicrous idea that Partick Thistle FC, who (lets be honest) do not have the best equipment ever, 1 mic and no proper recording equipment on purpose play shitey sounding match atmosphere....I mean its either that or what? They have some guy in the stand with a mic...and if pre recorded then they play it randomly throughout a match, and in random bits of the stadium? Because this is the only alternative.

Believe what you want, but from my experience working with similar equipment its the only reasonable answer.

Would rather believe that than suggest the ludicrous idea that Partick Thistle FC, who (lets be honest) do not have the best equipment ever, 1 mic and no proper recording equipment on purpose play shitey sounding match atmosphere....I mean its either that or what? They have some guy in the stand with a mic...and if pre recorded then they play it randomly throughout a match, and in random bits of the stadium? Because this is the only alternative.

Believe what you want, but from my experience working with similar equipment its the only reasonable answer.

The hearts fans were pretty loud, why wasn't their singing reverberating through the same P.A system?

Last season it was the North Stand that was being amplified, whereas what was most disconcerting about Friday was that it appeared to be pre-recorded chants. In fact, at one point the chants coming out of the PA clashed with those emanating from the North Stand. The only other explanation is that there was a marked delay.

The hearts fans were pretty loud, why wasn't their singing reverberating through the same P.A system?

It could just be that the speakers in the North Stand are different. I know that up in the gantry there is a switch to turn the speakers in the North Stand on and off, there isnt a switch for the Main or Jackie Husband Stand, so they are on a different circuit.

Last season it was the North Stand that was being amplified, whereas what was most disconcerting about Friday was that it appeared to be pre-recorded chants. In fact, at one point the chants coming out of the PA clashed with those emanating from the North Stand. The only other explanation is that there was a marked delay.

There should be quite a delay on it. If youre suggesting that its actual chants pre recorded then why did it sound so horrible? It shouldnt sound so tinny if thistle are doing it on purpose. It makes it completely pointless and make no sense to play poor quality recordings. And then why bother if they play it so sporadic throughout the match and only in random parts of the Stadium.

I am positive that it is down to the poor PA System and not on purpose...its either that or ghosts of Thistle fans who lost their way during the Dick Campbell era :)

Edited by ewanstu