All-Ticket Love Street - Short On Notice And Customer Care

CCjag

What I see is the vest group of players of a generation at Firhill, signed and sanctioned by board spending.

A new innovative entry system which will in time render daft arguments like this obselete i.e we will simply purchase away tickets online. Give the system time to work.

We have the excellent main stand back in operation.

Any more required?

You have summed it up so clearly I have been so mistaken, visionarys pioneers of the modern game, demigods perchance, we must build a statue in their honor and lavish them with gifts of tartan rugs to keep there god like lower torsos warm in the excellently refurbished and greatly improved inner sanctum, known to us worshipers as the Directors box or Board room

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Yoda,

The away stand is the north stand behind the goal. Right hand side of the aerial pic on the PTFC website.

Any overflow goes into the north corner of the west stand. I think Celtic and killie get this regularly.

Caley and county get the north block of the west stand only. And behind the goal is closed.

You have summed it up so clearly I have been so mistaken, visionarys pioneers of the modern game, demigods perchance, we must build a statue in their honor and lavish them with gifts of tartan rugs to keep there god like lower torsos warm in the excellently refurbished and greatly improved inner sanctum, known to us worshipers as the Directors box or Board room

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Nice to see that when in the wrong you revert to sarcasm. Top work.

Ok I will do this sensibly then so not to be sarcastic

What I see is the vest group of players of a generation at Firhill, signed and sanctioned by board spending.

Hardly broke the bank on them, but yes agree we have a good young squad which is more a credit to Archie, Shaggy & those 2 who's names we shall not mention

A new innovative entry system which will in time render daft arguments like this obselete i.e we will simply purchase away tickets online. Give the system time to work.

I really really hope so, its still not working fully though, and having an automated card that requires an operator to look at (NS Cards) is not an automated system, so I don't see where the saving is in its current set up

We have the excellent main stand back in operation.

With issues according to the DUFC, but good to see it used again, although I believe we spent more on the refurbishment of the Directors Box and Board room than the rest of the stand, and thats before the new tartan rugs arrive

Any more required?

A prize draw that takes money, doesn't honor the draw dates (Or months) and doesn't pay out to its winners, are we still operating within the law??

A TAG scheme that has never got of the ground losing us an opportunity to make us money monthly, I won't go into details of the legality of the prize draw

Amateurish communication, even today changing the statements regarding tickets

Catering that is 3rd rate or 3rd world at the best, yet the club does nothing on it

Any more required??

pt, thanks for quick reply.

so, we could possibly get more than 1600 tickets, if we on offchance sell out our allocation before the game? or am i misunderstanding some of your post content or implication?

No, that is quite correct... i'm sure if we sold out our allocation, more would become available. the top section of the west stand doesn't have any season ticket holders in it.

No, that is quite correct... i'm sure if we sold out our allocation, more would become available. the top section of the west stand doesn't have any season ticket holders in it.

So in other words we have 1600 tickets for sale at the office or over the phone, which can be collected before the Cowdenbeath match or whenever else before the St Mirren game takes place.

Unsold tickets will be available on the day from the St Mirren ticket office and if we sell out the away end there will be an overspill area available (bearing in mind they usually come nowhere near to filling the ground).

But what do we have - yet another thread with folk moaning like hell and having a go at the club. May as well merge most threads from the last week or two together as its becoming a bit bloody boring reading through them all now!!!

So in other words we have 1600 tickets for sale at the office or over the phone, which can be collected before the Cowdenbeath match or whenever else before the St Mirren game takes place.

Unsold tickets will be available on the day from the St Mirren ticket office and if we sell out the away end there will be an overspill area available (bearing in mind they usually come nowhere near to filling the ground).

But what do we have - yet another thread with folk moaning like hell and having a go at the club. May as well merge most threads from the last week or two together as its becoming a bit bloody boring reading through them all now!!!

The problem is not the allocation, its the way it has been communicated

9am this morning suddenly we have tickets for sale that can only be collected and bought at the ground

these tickets never just turned up, they were printed by St Mirren and dropped at Firhill, there would have been discussions in advance as to how many half the stand or full stand etc, we didnt just get a package from Postman Pat this morning with a load of tickets and a postit note telling us to sell them.

12 am we announce that we can now buy over the phone and have them posted out or collected.

Last week the club should have sat down and said "We have received 1600 tickets, lets prepare a web statement stating they will go on sale in 2 days time (Thursday) and are available over the phone or from the office" Proof read it and look for flaws, then release it when its clear.

This gives people plenty of time to plan either to go over and colllect or phone AND the club to assign manpower and prepare for the sale

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

Yes, thanks to folk complaining on here.

Yes, but that informations only available to us here, because i emailed St Mirren. the extra tickets bit is obviously not a stone cold fact, but it is based on historical sales and experience.

thanks pt.

thistledave ..... no what we (finally) have here is clarification on the st mirren game ticketing arrangements ..... anyone looking at the initial post on ptfc.co.uk just before 9am, or even the amended update, will not have the full information that has been gleaned/discussed/verified within this thread ..... if, and it's a big IF the club, and in particular the directors who oversee and run ptfc as custodians and businessmen had done their job in the first place, and had ensured the full range of information, options and possibilities had been collated and then posted once ALL details were known, there would not have been the need for this thread. what you have is a club board of directors being reactive instead of proactive, creating situations of confusion/uncertainty/stupidity for supporters, issues which could cause unnecessary outlay (paying the £2.50 postage charge, paying for specific and ultimately unnecessary trips to go to firhill specifically for a st mirren match ticket), and in total, is yet another example of how shoddily the club is being run under these so called captains of business and success.

it's becoming a bit boring now right enough - almost every day brings a new revelation or embarrassment to our club, and none of it is to do with what goes on on the pitch (thankfully), but the repeated and increasing fcukups off the park is costing the club money, goodwill and reputation.

Now, because people raised concerns about the original arrangement.

Fair enough. Good point. Mabey it shows things can be sorted by plenty of moaning then!

Well done pt suppose thats something else the club shouldve done and not you.

Regards to things changing on the official site throughout the day that again isnt very good but things are sorted now so we can all be happy, at least with regards to this matter.

Edited by thistledave78

Fair enough. Good point. Mabey it shows things can be sorted by plenty of moaning then!

Well done pt suppose thats something else the club shouldve done and not you.

Regards to things changing on the official site throughout the day that again isnt very good but things are sorted now so we can all be happy, at least with regards to this matter.

Agree with this a bit of preparation sorts so much, 6P's as my old Hanger Chief used to say,

Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 1

Been out all day, ironically doing things I was going to do tomorrow as I was putting that time aside for my jaunt down to Glasgow & back to collect a ticket. Bottom line is the Club have seen how inconvenient and expensive it is for many fans to call collect. I'm not that interested to know if this change was because of posts on here or not. The Club has to be congratulated for prompt correction.

Paying for a call and postage is fine by me. Besides it means money is not spent on time and travel.

• Like 1

so to get this right (as in a couple of hours the goalposts have moved several times), anyone can now phone up 0141 579 1971, order and pay for as many tickets for the st mirren game as they want, and can avoid paying the postage and handling fee of £2.50 per ticket, by either collecting them on the evening of the cowdenbeath cup game, or picking them up at any point between now and next Friday, from the club office?

Only one thing missing from that, the option to pick up your ticket at the Aberdeen game..... :thumbsup2:

Been out all day, ironically doing things I was going to do tomorrow as I was putting that time aside for my jaunt down to Glasgow & back to collect a ticket. Bottom line is the Club have seen how inconvenient and expensive it is for many fans to call collect. I'm not that interested to know if this change was because of posts on here or not. The Club has to be congratulated for prompt correction.

Paying for a call and postage is fine by me. Besides it means money is not spent on time and travel.

All fine and well m'laydeee, BUT it all could have been avoided as pointed out by a good few herein this thread. Particularly like NTs 7 pee's point.

What i'd like to think, is the dudrectors have learned from this, and future away games ticketing arrangements where we get tickets to sell is handed in a more straightforward and finalised way.

Just think ..... If only we had some scheme or initiative which (amongst other perks) was either included in price of ST, or for a small monthly premium for nonST holders (oh i don't know, how does a fiver a month sound?) which meant both ST and nonST holders could log in to a section of the ptfc website, and purchase tickets for away games in advance (where applicable, available) with either option to be posted out, or picked up by buyer from club offices during normal working hours, or on days/evenings of home matches?