All-Ticket Love Street - Short On Notice And Customer Care

CCjag

I called St Mirren ticket line, ordered, paid for my Thistle end tickets . I've to pick them up on the day at the away end ticket booth. No postage. no booking fee. straightforward.

I took this approach because I initially couldn't pay over phone at Firhill and have them posted.

Thistle asked for and received 1000 tickets. St Mirren have the rest. The total away end allocation allocation is 1600. Apparently Thistle have " the best seats ". I'm to the side of the stand. Doubt it matters much.

Lady was very nice, efficient and no fuss.

I doubt very much we will sell 1600.

• Like 1

at the ticket sale for Dumbarton and ramsden cup those who bought tikets on day 1 were given front row seats.those who make the effort to buy early should be given the choice.i hope this is not the case for st.mirren.

The stands at NSMP appear to only have five rows of seats, so it shouldn't matter too much.

I'm looking forward to this as NSMP is the only SPFL ground I haven't visited and usually get a good atmosphere at Thistle v St Mirren games.

Given its proximity and the novelty factor I'd be surprised if we don't end up asking for more tickets (which I'd assume would be forthcoming).

No, that is quite correct... i'm sure if we sold out our allocation, more would become available. the top section of the west stand doesn't have any season ticket holders in it.

Just to add to your info, I was told off a saints fan today that they sections in the west stand as well as not being available to season ticket holders they are also unavailable to buy right up until match day if your a saints fan. This indicates they give away clubs every opertunity to sell them if the demand is there.

• Like 1

Paying for a call and postage is fine by me. Besides it means money is not spent on time and travel.

Save money on the call at least - 0141 579 1971 - it's the same line.

You even get the message that its costing you 10p/min but it isn't!

If you ever forget it, just google 'PTFC 0141' and you'll find it no probs.

Save money on the call at least - 0141 579 1971 - it's the same line.

You even get the message that its costing you 10p/min but it isn't!

If you ever forget it, just google 'PTFC 0141' and you'll find it no probs.

Cheers for that.

It always stuck in my craw a bit that the club started using a premium rate number when I was previously able to call free from my mobile/landline.

I didn't realise the old number was still available.

• Like 1

The club have updated that there is an unemployed concession for this game. Refunds can be made for anyone who has already bought a ticket. You need to take along proof for either case.

Saw that...

How much is an all day ticket on the bus? Can they get their travel expenses covered for the inconvenience of Thistle over charging them by £10?

Saw that...

How much is an all day ticket on the bus? Can they get their travel expenses covered for the inconvenience of Thistle over charging them by £10?

Don't shoot the messenger mate ;)

I've held my fire over the off-field issues at the club. However there are some fundamental problems at the club, communication not being the least of them.

Is it worth even attempting to have a meeting with club representatives over some of the issues raised? Are complaints even getting registered. I had issues with my season ticket which were resolved with a phonecall. However that doesn't mean the person next to me wont encounter the same situation?

The centenary fund seems a worrying tip of the concern pile as it smacks of more than just being a case of inadequate staffing or systems type problem.

Anyway off to get tickets for this game now.

Don't shoot the messenger mate ;)

I've held my fire over the off-field issues at the club. However there are some fundamental problems at the club, communication not being the least of them.

Is it worth even attempting to have a meeting with club representatives over some of the issues raised? Are complaints even getting registered. I had issues with my season ticket which were resolved with a phonecall. However that doesn't mean the person next to me wont encounter the same situation?

The centenary fund seems a worrying tip of the concern pile as it smacks of more than just being a case of inadequate staffing or systems type problem.

Anyway off to get tickets for this game now.

This is what the club should be doing root cause analysis and learning from the errors to stop them happenning again, if some gets sick we can give them medicine to get better, but how do we prevent them getting sick in future.

Tickets bought. Quite a few bodies in the office, 7 seemed to be dealing with club business, 3 of those appeared to be dealing with emails. Not sure if they were members of staff or volunteers but would seem to be a decent level of staff considering the size of the organisation.

I feel we have been unprepared in some ways for promotion and some issues will be ironed out in due course. Others may need to be highlighted and not by just one or two emails?

The atmosphere will be cracking if we fill their North Stand, its only 300 smaller than ours..

I was at an Ayr United Midweek cup game a couple of years ago and Ayr filled it, they sang for 90 minutes, silenced the St Mirren crowd.

Without a doubt it had an effect on the Ayr players and equally a negative effect on the home players.

• Like 1

Once again the club have done themselves no favours with certain groups of supporters, similarly it just highlights the need for a professional administrator so that these issues can be avoided in future. On the other hand, my personal experience was completely positive. I purchased my tickets for the game on Friday, and received them in the post this morning. I could not have asked for a more helpful or efficient service.

Once again the club have done themselves no favours with certain groups of supporters, similarly it just highlights the need for a professional administrator so that these issues can be avoided in future. On the other hand, my personal experience was completely positive. I purchased my tickets for the game on Friday, and received them in the post this morning. I could not have asked for a more helpful or efficient service.

This is where I maybe differ from others re criticism of the way the Club is being run. I do agree with folk when they say the Club is being run unprofessionally but like some others I'm willing to cut them some slack IF they appreciate there are problems and don't stick their heids in the sand.

Professionalism won't appear (reappear) over night.so as long as they go some way to correcting their errors and don't go all pigheaded on us then for the interim I'd be happy with that. Well meaning amateurism is still preferable to being run professionally by folk with a different agenda. Further to that I'd rather we kept the personalities out of things meantime at least.

• Like 1