Shuggy

Stephen1876

Are we still peddling this myth that Murray didn't deserve both his reds against Morton? (Forbes fully deserved his too, as did Muirhead in the two I saw).

Regardless, he was very unlikely to get a look in this season so this looks like a good move for us and him.

I think we can look at Le Chic's first post in the thread... The tone was set after that.

Hopefully he's remembered in the long term for the good stuff he did at the start of last season rather than the ill discipline, which in the end didn't matter a jot.

Without him I doubt we would have had the blistering start to the season, and his cover for an inexperienced player like Muirhead was vital as he found his feet.

This is for you potty trained.

Been expecting this to happen for a while now, said before the start of the season he would be away.

Hugh did play his part at the start of the last season, particularly in the second game of the season away to Dunfermline were I thought he was man of the match. It soon became clear though that when there was pace to the game he was pretty much lost.

Some of the stuff on here about Murray has been over the top, but I think any player who gets sent of 3 times in 16 games is due some criticism. Particularly when he is an experienced player who should be leading by example.

It would have been better if would have been a permanent deal; I would be very surprised if played for us again.

Confirmed.....joins big Nish at Dumbarton!

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...3/shuggy_murray

"The deal will last until January and will give the midfielder an opportunity to gain match practice as his chances at the moment have been limited.

"Everyone at Firhill wishes him well for the next three months."

So everyone at Firhill doesn't wish him well in December? :rolleyes:

"The deal will last until January and will give the midfielder an opportunity to gain match practice as his chances at the moment have been limited.

"Everyone at Firhill wishes him well for the next three months."

So everyone at Firhill doesn't wish him well in December? :rolleyes:

I think you'll find they measure months at Firhill by the gaps between the Centenary Fund draws. I'm encouraged by this!

• Like 2

I would imagine it would free up part of a wage for a few months. It may help maybe bring a loan player in. I would expect the situation is if we are short of players when his time's up (injuries, suspensions) he'll be brought back as cover. If not, he'll either be offered some coaching role or the option to sign permanently at Dumbarton. I guess the manager is playing cagey as we don't have a lot of money: could even be that if we're going through a bad spell then he might be brought back because of his ability to encourage the young players.

Edited by Mr Bunny

How do you know it's freeing up a wage, Lindau?

How do you know it isnt? In most loan cases the club thats getting the player pay all or part of the players wages. Would think they are paying part but not all of Shuggys wages, but only the club and the Shugster know that