Where's Henoc?

Firhillista

You'd have to think that guys moving from down the pecking order at Liverpool and Barcelona weren't thinking they'd be just as far away from the first team at Partick Thistle.

They have to be given time to settle in as moving to a new country at 18/19 is not easy for some. Fraser is due to return to Bolton in January so Colina should be ready to step up.

Osbourne could also be looking to move south in January, especially if he has break clause in his contract. We may even get big offers for two or three of our players in January. Livingston got a decent six figure sum for Scougall.

He hasn't really been given a chance. IMO he deserves a run out against Aberdeen more than Baird does.

Someone that's not a regular in the Under 20s and not even made a seven man bench in our last four league games. I think you really need to read between the lines on this occasion.

eta currently losing 2-3 up in Inverness (Gallacher scoring our 2nd)

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Archie sees him on a day to day basis. If he's not been given a chance it's probably because he's shite.

I'm told Archie had never seen anything of Mukendi before he signed him. He was offered to us and we took a punt. Probably the case he's not as good as we hoped he might be.

Shite is too strong a word at this stage but it is surprising that (given our limited budget) that we have taken a punt on an unknown and inexperienced player. It would have been prudent to play him as a trialist (like Colina and Piccolo) before committing to a season's loan.

Shite is too strong a word at this stage but it is surprising that (given our limited budget) that we have taken a punt on an unknown and inexperienced player. It would have been prudent to play him as a trialist (like Colina and Piccolo) before committing to a season's loan.

I doubt we're paying much money, if anything, for him. Archie's allowed a couple of duff moves after all his success stories.

I'd be surprised if there's much in the way of financial outlay on the lad. His loan spell was initially till January but I wouldn't imagine Liverpool would hold us to that if there were "complications".

He hasn't really been given a chance. IMO he deserves a run out against Aberdeen more than Baird does.

Mukendi should be reviewed on performances on the reserves then if he impresses given his chance. Your Baird as scapegoat is getting quite boring, how about you start getting behind the team? I noticed you seemed to have it in for Forbes a couple of weeks ago against Ayr as well.. Yes Doolan should be first striker but Baird can be useful coming off the bench.
  • Like 1

Mukendi should be reviewed on performances on the reserves then if he impresses given his chance. Your Baird as scapegoat is getting quite boring, how about you start getting behind the team? I noticed you seemed to have it in for Forbes a couple of weeks ago against Ayr as well.. Yes Doolan should be first striker but Baird can be useful coming off the bench.

Good post and don't see mukendi near the first team squad anytime soon.

Archie sees him on a day to day basis. If he's not been given a chance it's probably because he's shite.

I'm told Archie had never seen anything of Mukendi before he signed him. He was offered to us and we took a punt. Probably the case he's not as good as we hoped he might be.

Or he doesn't believe he is ready yet??

My guess is, given on archie's "it was a no brainer" comment regarding signing mukendi, is that we were offerred him for like £100 a week. Do you want to take a punt on a Liverpool reserve for £5k a year? It is a no brainer if the numbers are along those lies. But yeh I'm guessing he's gash given we ain't seen much of him. Hope I'm wrong.

My guess is, given on archie's "it was a no brainer" comment regarding signing mukendi, is that we were offerred him for like £100 a week. Do you want to take a punt on a Liverpool reserve for £5k a year? It is a no brainer if the numbers are along those lies. But yeh I'm guessing he's gash given we ain't seen much of him. Hope I'm wrong.

We've only played 5 games with a settled team that is performing and getting results....... not easy to break in so easy, even Welsh may struggle to get back in

Or he doesn't believe he is ready yet??

He's only here till December. If he was a young guy we've got on a two year deal then it's slightly different but I'd imagine Archie would have been hoping he'd challenge straight away.

I don't think we'll see Henoc play for the first team but we'll see.

They have to be given time to settle in as moving to a new country at 18/19 is not easy for some. Fraser is due to return to Bolton in January so Colina should be ready to step up.

Osbourne could also be looking to move south in January, especially if he has break clause in his contract. We may even get big offers for two or three of our players in January. Livingston got a decent six figure sum for Scougall.

Has it been suggested anywhere that he does or are you just talking drivel?

I doubt Archie would agree to conditions of "aye I'll sign but only if I can leave for nothing if someone else better comes in for me."

I read that Fraser would only sign for Bolton if he could go on loan to a Scottish team as he didn't want to be away from his family.

I doubt he will be back down there unless Thistle tell him to go.