Thistle Fans In Your Area

avie-man

In the last year or so there's been a decent amount of kids around here at the bottom of Maryhill Road wearing Thistle tops. Probably a mixture of kids go free and the club doing well that has played a part in this but it's a massive improvement on when I moved in 5 years ago where you'd struggle to see Thistle colours outwith matchdays.

• Like 1

Quite a few from the south side I think. Far too many, if the truth be told.

Always thought that the Briggs was a stronghold for jags fans, even though I'm not from there.

On the way back from the Cowdenbeath away game last season I seem to remember a large number of Jags alighting the train as it stopped at Bishopbriggs.

Grew up in Lenzie, there were 2 other Jags in my year in the 90's add on there wee brothers and also a good few a couple of years above us. The folks still stay there and spot the odd Thistle fan.

Moved out to EK when I got married and like a previous poster on here said, there are a few to be seen, slowly making EK a happier safer place.

Definitely a few in Cambuslang besides myself. Sometimes see Jags getting on or off the trains on match days. Guy who was a local councillor is a Jag (Lib Dem; 3rd choice on my ballot paper as he at least had something positive going for him) and there's a car parked near the station some mornings with a Jags sticker on it. (I stopped doing that after our tyre got slashed the night we lost to the predecessors of Sevco in the League Cup....). Cambuslang is, however, generally orientated to the cheeks with a preponderance favouring Sevco. Neighbours are Motherwell fans though and the guy across the road is a Hibee, so not all on the dark side like Billko.......

Edited to add that I am not from the Slang however. Born and raised in Finnieston/Anderston and moved here 14 years ago. The old zone has changed a lot in that area from Finnieston X to Kelvingrove! No Two Ways or Sandyford anymore, it's all Brass Monkeys and Big Lebowskis these days....

Edited by David Stevenson

Definitely a few in Cambuslang besides myself. Sometimes see Jags getting on or off the trains on match days. Guy who was a local councillor is a Jag (Lib Dem; 3rd choice on my ballot paper as he at least had something positive going for him) and there's a car parked near the station some mornings with a Jags sticker on it. (I stopped doing that after our tyre got slashed the night we lost to the predecessors of Sevco in the League Cup....). Cambuslang is, however, generally orientated to the cheeks with a preponderance favouring Sevco. Neighbours are Motherwell fans though and the guy across the road is a Hibee, so not all on the dark side like Billko.......

Edited to add that I am not from the Slang however. Born and raised in Finnieston/Anderston and moved here 14 years ago. The old zone has changed a lot in that area from Finnieston X to Kelvingrove! No Two Ways or Sandyford anymore, it's all Brass Monkeys and Big Lebowskis these days....

i saw 4 wee boys in cambuslang (under 10) when my boy was playin against cambuslang rangers ( the big rangers), wearin st mirren strips and it was about four years ago

You must enjoy Cambuslang then David after spending 14yrs in Camby.

Ever go to the Black Bull for a pint?

Campbell Hughes is a big Thistle fan and also from the Lang so might be a few more of you dotted around

As for me i have only known 3 Thistle fans (2 at school who were brothers and Campbell Hughes who was one of our football coaches in the team i played for many moons ago who loved nothing better than kicking anything wearing blue or green at training)