Thistle Fans In Your Area

avie-man

There's a Shaggy lookalike who gets on the train at Cathcart.

Used to spend quite a bit of time in Summerston, which despite its proximity to Firhill, seems to be a reservation for Celtic fans.

Bulk of the support seems to be located in north and west Glasgow - Hillhead, Jordanhill, Bearsden etc., which geographically makes sense.

Edited by Charlie Endell

The impression I get is that within the current support there is a fairly small percentage actually live in Maryhill/Woodside/Ruchill/Possil/Summerston but that almost everyone has a family connection with the area. The fact that we have always had a healthy support in Livingston, Cumbernauld obviously stems from housing policy in the 60s

I reckon me n the Bairns are the only 3 Jags fans in Troon. Grew up in The Drum (where there was loads of Thistle fans) and was born a Jag! Still get excited when I see another car wi a Jags sticker on it, or someone wearing Jags merchandise, outside of Glasgow :)

Edited by Scamps

The MISHNISH bar in TOBERMORY is full of us.

:fan: :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan:

We outnumber the h*ns and T*ms and can hold our own when the 'banter' starts. Colours worn and we've got the televised matches to look forward to. The Stealth Bomber Penant hangs high on the wall where it used to once have a sevco shrine.

And we are served by a bitter 'Tractor Driver' as the barman. :sarcastic:

:drink2::fan::drink2:

Edited by Tob Jag
  • Like 5

Dunno how many Jags fans go to games fae Whitburn... masel wife and kids...and ma ma...then a handful of others....about 10 in total probably plus the great Jockie Lambie who's school team photie wi the West Lothian P7 Ross Cup cup sits a few along fi ma photie holdin the same cup a few years later.

Originally Glasgow overspill in the 60's but a couple of ma mates are Whitburn lads. it was rotten being the only Jags fan in school then John McNeil came in secondary school for a few years.....awrite John! I really missed havin Jags pals to go to the games wi and have banter after with so just went mostly wi ma Da and Grandpa.

• Like 1

Although one of the first shops you see after leaving the bus station here in Dundee is a Celtic shop, the nice thing about the town is that you do see a lot of proper fans who support their teams here. Admittedly I've seen far more United fans than the other mob. Not too many Old Firm shirts, nicely enough.

And there's another Jags fan about, as someone's got a scarf in the back of his car!

Hi Ian (Whitburn) I'm fine really enjoying this season. Always got a lot of stick fae the locals but there were a few other Jags about, Ronnie Houston and the boy Grant. Plus school teacher at Academy Richard McKinlay (?) and Russell Weir another teacher (still see him at games, he's retired now).

Down hear in Stewarton there is about half a dozen Jagos, we bump into each other now and again. Lots of smiles this season, hope it continues all season.

John

Aka Ayrshire Jag

There's a Shaggy lookalike who gets on the train at Cathcart.

Used to spend quite a bit of time in Summerston, which despite its proximity to Firhill, seems to be a reservation for Celtic fans.

Bulk of the support seems to be located in north and west Glasgow - Hillhead, Jordanhill, Bearsden etc., which geographically makes sense.

Add Bishopbriggs to that list but we're outnumbered greatly by the manky mob who follow the Old and New Firms.