Old Firm Reject Evidence Of Link With Domestic Violence

stillresigned

Wowsers trousers, I'm shocked to see Billko with a blinkered view of his own club and their supporters yet again.

Ibrox is the one stadium I doubt I'll ever go back to due to the horrible, angry atmosphere generated by the home fans.

I doubt you'll understand the very real sense of barely suppressed violence, anger and antipathy emanating from Rangers fans, especially in groups, especially in Glasgow city centre, and especially on the night of an Old Firm match. I used to work in the city centre, and would regularly finish work late at night, and walk home to Maryhill. Obviously Friday and Saturday nights were the ones to be careful due to general drunkenness, but I can assure you a Saturday night after Rangers played at home, would have a different tone of nastiness in the air.

This must be well known to everyone, except those who choose to ignore it, try to laugh it off.

I would imagine I'm not the only one who would actively avoid the city on the day of, and possibly the entire weekend of, an Old Firm game. And honestly, by the far largest majority, it's the Blue side from which I've experienced this feeling of menace - cross the street, in fact turn around and walk the other way, type of atmosphere.

Of course, wee smiley faces can brush aside the true reality of life as a young male who wants to avoid getting chibbed/glassed/booted in the baws in Glasgow. If you ignore something it doesn't exist, right?

God help Glasgow on the weekend of the first 'proper' Old Firm game, whenever it is.

You are missing the point as the topic was on domestic abuse and not what happens on a Saturday night in Glasgow city centre after an old firm game.

I KNOW the baggage the old firm game carries and KNOW folk get into bother etc but i go to the games along with thousands of others and i have never been involved in fights or have ever wanted to glass anyone over a football game but you do get low lifes who are part of both clubs and they do which is where the problem lies

These are not true football fans but just low lifes who attach themselves to the clubs involved for their own agendas.

I'm sure you are not being honest about Ibrox and can't believe it's a ground you wouldn't visit again.

I'm also quite sure when Celtic visit next time you will no doubt be sitting in that Broomloan stand with thousands of other jolly craicsters. :)

Outwith Celtic and Aberdeen at Ibrox i can't recall any poisonous atmospheres at the ground with any other club (and the Aberdeen one seems a bit one way as some like singing about the Ibrox disaster which doesn't go down to well with the home support)

Do i think all Aberdeen fans are scum like the low lifes who sit amongst the away support who sing this?

Of course not and i don't label them as all being the same which just wouldn't be true would it?

Edited by billko

I'm also quite sure when Celtic visit next time you will no doubt be sitting in that Broomloan stand with thousands of other jolly craicsters. :)

mump mump mump agendas agendas agendas mump mump mump ... ahahaha, do you remember when Celtic fans were the paranoid ones?

That's brilliant! Keep up the cliché of being obsessed with your rivals. Because, of course, if anyone criticises your team, they MUST support the Tims!

As an aside, I've never been to Parkhead so won't comment on the atmosphere there; and I won't be going this year because of the cost and the apparent restricted view. You wouldn't be able to pay me to return to Ibrox. Well maybe, I am poor.

God, you talk a load of pish, and your contribution to this thread has been basically assuring everyone that you don't beat your wife. Well done you!

YOU wandered off topic in your first post which was longer than some smileys and laughing off other people's opinions.

I'm sorry you don't like me recounting MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE of being a young male in Glasgow, so feel free to continue to discount it.

EVERY TIME I've been given hassle, and the perpetrators are associated with a football team, that team is Rangers. Your club and your fans are inextricably linked, and you make in incredibly easy to hate. You don't like that, TOUGH TITS, that's my experience since I was told to be either a Catholic or a Proddie in primary school, before I even knew what either word meant.

And if you don't like being associated with scum, wife-beating, bigoted, racist THUGS, then stop supporting them, or do something to actively change the situation. Stop with the "whitabootery" and the "it's just a minority" and the "agenda agenda AGENDA" shite. You don't fool anyone with half a brain - you know, the types of people you don't bump into inside Ibrox.

Thanks for reminding me why I keep you on ignore.

Thanks for reminding me why I keep you on ignore.

But you don't ignore me peagreenbhoy because your a bitter bhoy and bitter bhoys can't help themselves. :lol:

Not been inside Parkhead :clapping:

Read the thread moron and stop ranting like an obsessed loonball spouting out all sorts of nonsense as long as it's negative towards a certain football club

You have alot of hatred in you and need to chill out before you go getting yourself into trouble on a Saturday night out in Glasgow.

(the last paragraph of your post) :lol:

Edited by billko

Well perhaps I should have narrowed it down from anyone to any football follower who drinks alcohol or did in their younger days, I'm sure most people who use this forum will get my drift,.

If I read your post correctly, you claimed that anyone who lives in central Scotland could attest to the fact that incidents of domestic violence tend to spike after a Celtic - Rangers match. Narrowing it down as you suggest simply makes it slightly less of a sweeping statement.

Given the vile, bitter hatred that many fans of these teams embody, I am not surprised by claims of domestic violence increase around the time of these 'sporting contests'. However, I have no evidence and I imagine that it would be difficult to prove such a link.

You're right, there's no evidence, except for the firm evidence linked to in the very first post in this thread ...

Dr Williams said: "We found a statistically significant increase in the average number of reports following Old Firm matches, compared with other periods.

"Our preliminary analysis confirms previous speculation concerning the association between Old Firm matches and reports of domestic violence."

As difficult to prove as the existence of Nessie. But wait! the Old Firm reject the findings, so it must be false! They never obfuscate the truth about anything!

But you don't ignore me peagreenbhoy because your a bitter bhoy and bitter bhoys can't help themselves. :lol:

Not been inside Parkhead :clapping:

Read the thread moron and stop ranting like an obsessed loonball spouting out all sorts of nonsense as long as it's negative towards a certain football club

You have alot of hatred in you and need to chill out before you go getting yourself into trouble on a Saturday night out in Glasgow.

(the last paragraph of your post) :lol:

You may be only trying to wind him up even more, but your insistence on him being a tim, just because he criticises Rangers (the club that died) says a lot more about you than it does about him.

Again, isn't it funny that you guys have now become the paranoid ones, when you used to lambast the tims for being just that in the 90s.

Your club were a complete farce billko, that's why they don't exist anymore.

The replacement, well that's just about shaping up to go the same way, such is the mess that has ALREADY developed in the board room.

I am now starting to see why you spend so much time on a PARTICK THISTLE forum. Must be nice to get away from it all, even if it's just for a wee while every day.

Take a look at your own attitude billko. That's why no one came to your aid in your hour of need.

Edited by ian_mac

You may be only trying to wind him up even more, but your insistence on him being a tim, just because he criticises Rangers (the club that died) says a lot more about you than it does about him.

Again, isn't it funny that you guys have now become the paranoid ones, when you used to lambast the tims for being just that in the 90s.

The replacement, well that's just about shaping up to go the same way, such is the mess that has ALREADY developed in the board room.

I am now starting to see why you spend so much time on a PARTICK THISTLE forum. Must be nice to get away from it all, even if it's just for a wee while every day.

Take a look at your own attitude billko. That's why no one came to your aid in your hour of need.

45,000 plus every second week not bad for a club that does'nt exist anymore.

By the sound of you ,you don't get out much.keep up the trash that you spout it's entertaining to say the least.

At least my posts are entertaining (apparently), and not poorly written, starved of punctuation, and grammar garbled, not to mention lacking any coherent thought. Keep up the Rangers stereotypes! Your club may have died but at least your traditions live on!

I'm not sure you actually have the ability to read properly, as you seem incapable of responding to any points made, as well as wilfully misreading what is being said.

Do you understand of what 'discussion' means?

Do you often feel that having read something, you're not really sure what it meant?

Away back to Pie and Bovril and mash your keyboard with your fists chucking insults at other idiots. Or whatever. You are not worth any thought. Much like the vast majority of Rangers fans I've ever met, funnily enough!

Edited by peagreenboy
  • Like 1

45,000 plus every second week not bad for a club that does'nt exist anymore.

It's the new club that are getting 45,000 every week, which I agree is good going.

The guys in charge of the new club must be absolutely delighted that you've all switched allegiances so easily.

By the way, what are you doing on here? If you really are such a big club, why are there so many of you on a "wee team's" forum?

Baffling to be honest.

Have a read back Ian and you will see some issues brought up are laughable.

You can't put another point of view across on this site before it gets folk all upset and angry.

Take Peagreenbhoy for instance who is now rambling on about punctuation and grammar on a forum FFS :D

He talks about discussion but won't let anyone have another view from his before he goes and throws all his toys out his pram.

This is a guy who is totally obsessed about Rangers.

My attitude?

A wee small tiny dig at someone who likes to think he is clever and a know it all and i have the attitude?

Do you not read his rants and not think he has lost it a bit?

Try and be a bit impartial and read the thread back and you will see how folk like to demonise everything to do with Rangers at every turn.

And you are right it is a Thistle forum but why speak so much about Rangers?

At least my posts are entertaining (apparently), and not poorly written, starved of punctuation, and grammar garbled, not to mention lacking any coherent thought. Keep up the Rangers stereotypes! Your club may have died but at least your traditions live on!

Nice grammar and punctuation

Clever bhoy :thumbsup:

Got to applaud your user-name. Really quite clever. Not only does it imply you're not a Jags fan but the name also reflects the odds on you ever been taken seriously. :thumbsup2:

your not far from the truth,and reading the stuff that is spoke about on here,i wouldn't want to be taken seriously,it's some of you guys that need to take a good look at yourselfs.i will say one thing i've been in the game a long long time and what half of what some of the users on here know about footie i could right on the back of the penny black{and that's a stamp incase some of you didn't know}

your not far from the truth,and reading the stuff that is spoke about on here,i wouldn't want to be taken seriously,it's some of you guys that need to take a good look at yourselfs.i will say one thing i've been in the game a long long time and what half of what some of the users on here know about footie i could right on the back of the penny black{and that's a stamp incase some of you didn't know}

As a non Jags fan Outsider why come on a Jags site?? Bilko's boy plays for our youth team and is 100% supportive on that so can see his reason for posting and generally leveled on his posts unless its a Rangers subject.

But whats your connection and why be drawn towards the oldest professional club in Glasgow?