Team V Dundee United

The Sunnylaw Jag

Let's stop kidding ourselves that we are good.

If Goodwillie, who could not even buy a game for them, steps in and scores three, then we are way off the pace.

Tonight was a chance, and we are nowhere good enough.

I don't think we should be pressing the panic button just yet but we are showing signs of a lack of quality.

I don't think we should be pressing the panic button just yet but we are showing signs of a lack of quality.

No panic button, as such, but we need to face the facts of Aberdeen and this one.

And if I'm being harsh, the inability to deal with the diddies that are Kilmarnock wasn't exactly encouraging.

Fact is we've been found out these last two weeks. Hope we can step it up, because on the basis of the last three, the next five could be a disaster area

Listened to the radio. It seemed that we played great football in the first half without troubling their keeper. Not much value in that. Possibly confidence sapping for younger players. Certainly not time to press the panic button but time to try other options up front, couldn't do much worse as recognised strikers have only managed one goal this season.

Facts are we can't score goals from all the possession we have. Amazed (and said it at the time) that Archie didnt beef the striking dept up before the window closed and we are beginning to pay for it now. He really needs to get someone in on loan pronto. There surely must be someone available from the lower English leagues that could do a job for us. If we cant get it rectified we are going to struggle, especially as teams are beginning to suss us out now and denying O'Donnell and Sinclair the space.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that for individual games and a run of games we will struggle. We have a young inexperienced team and management and at times neither will know what to do. Make know mistake the next few months will be pivotal in the history of the jags if we have enough outright quality in he management and playing staff we will come through a stronger team capable of a run in the top flight. If we don't we'll survive this year and get relegated next year as the lack of quality and our better players desert us.

Not a betting man but I see character in enough of this squad to feel optimistic despite a poor result tonight.

Facts are we can't score goals from all the possession we have. Amazed (and said it at the time) that Archie didnt beef the striking dept up before the window closed and we are beginning to pay for it now. He really needs to get someone in on loan pronto. There surely must be someone available from the lower English leagues that could do a job for us. If we cant get it rectified we are going to struggle, especially as teams are beginning to suss us out now and denying O'Donnell and Sinclair the space.

The rules are that Premiership clubs cannot sign players on loan until the next transfer window in January. We are also short of defensive cover. If Muirhead and Balatoni are both out (suspension or injury), McMillan (if fit) and Piccolo will be in the centre of defence. Eight goals conceded in the last three games (two at home) should set the alarm bells ringing.

Edited by kni

Can't agree with this we have shown to date we are more than capable of coping/beating the teams in the bottom of the league. We struggle against the better teams, anyone that expected better than that isn't being realistic. Is this luck not in my opinion just better players.

we are fortunate this season as there is teams in the same position as ourselves. Bottom half is going to be a dogfight.

Can't agree with this we have shown to date we are more than capable of coping/beating the teams in the bottom of the league. We struggle against the better teams, anyone that expected better than that isn't being realistic. Is this luck not in my opinion just better players.

We couldn't beat Killie at home on Saturday and also drew with Hearts at Firhill. Goals win games and our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

Edited by kni

I ve got to be brutally honest and say that when i saw the line up tonight i did fear the worst.

Piccolo - Arguably the worst performance from a defender i ve ever seen against aberdeen - why not stick osbourne in there i saw him play against celtic at centre half and he done ok, he is big strong and got a bit of dig about him.

Kerr - Dundee fans glad to see the back of him and hasnt kicked a ball all season for us, can only assume archie has seen something in training.

Forbes - deserved a start so i m not arguing with that but i think hes to greedy at times.

Elliot - deserved his start as well after saturday and got a goal something doolan and baird havent managed recently i wouldnt grumble if he got a start up front.

Alot of people have been saying drop lawless and such but i really dont think he has been the worst by a long chalk and he can split defences wide with one pass even if he isnae at the races i would like to see him and elliot together to see if christies drive can compliment the wee guys creativity.

Fraser had agreat start to the season then had a shocker at motherwell but i think he is a better shout than kerr for a place in midfield.

Probably a we bit of experimenting from archie and i hope this doesnt hurt the boys to much we have got to remember they are a very young team there still learning.

We couldn't beat Killie at home on Saturday and also drew with Hearts at Firhill. Goals win games and our strikers couldn't score in a brothel.

Nonsense defending poperly and scoring one more than the other team wins games. We drew with Killie and have amassed more points than them so far if they improve then good luck to them but for s team that's been in the top flight for many years we looked and played better than them. Are they good enough to improve their results I doubt it. Are we good enough to continue to outplay these poorer teams yes if we stay clear of injury and remain confident.

piss poor result, sounds like we played decent in the first half yet still go in 2-0 down. Our defence is getting punished for every wee daft slip and mistake in this league playing against the likes of Boyd, Goodwillie, Sutton etc, whereas in the first division we would be getting away with it. in saying that though we have rested a few players, Muirhead, Bannigan (hopefully) Ozzy, Lawless, Doolan ( went off early in 2nd half?) should hopefully be fresh enough for the weekend.

So you're happy that we lost 4-1 to McNamara's lot after dominating the first half?

Erm, 'happiness' is not a scale of acceptability.

Please come to terms with the fact that it's a perfectly legitimate reality that we can be considerably beaten, away from home, by a team who can outspend us considerably and frankly have a much better, more experienced side.

• Like 1

The signing of Kerr was a mistake IMO.

Archie made 4 changes and 4-1 flattered Dundee United.

If we get a draw or better at the weekend then it will have been worth it.

Probably wouldn't have signed Kerr if we knew Osbourne would become available. I've not seen him this season, so I've nothing to say about him. Surprised Fraser wasn't started instead though - perhaps Archie wanted that experience at Tannadice that Kerr provides.

I think we do overreact to defeats (and even draws, I mean ffs drawing with Kilmarnock isn't anything to get pissed off about) and need to realise where we are, where we've came from and how well we're playing. We're not scoring many goals, we do need a striker, there's no point in everyone harping on about it every week though. We all get it and I'm sure Archie does too. He just couldn't get the right man in.

Still think we've got a good chance of getting at least a point on Saturday. We're a good side - disappointing result tonight though.

• Like 1

Erm, 'happiness' is not a scale of acceptability.

Please come to terms with the fact that it's a perfectly legitimate reality that we can be considerably beaten, away from home, by a team who can outspend us considerably and frankly have a much better, more experienced side.

Please come to terms with the fact that several of our squad (including a few of last season's squad and new signings) are simply not good enough at this level. The strikers are not scoring, there are too many midfielders and there is a lack of competition for places in defence.

Please come to terms with the fact that several of our squad (including a few of last season's squad and new signings) are simply not good enough at this level. The strikers are not scoring, there are too many midfielders and there is a lack of competition for places in defence.

Name names.

You're talking out your arse. Negative, negative kni...

4-1 was just the score don't think of it as a reflection of the overall game. When it was 2-0 with a few minutes to go we went for it and loost a cheap goal. 4th from them was just us shoving everyone up for a corner after our goal . Decent performance in the first half although disappointing that we played all the football and somehow they went in 2-0 up.

2nd half utd changed their shape and we didn't cope wonderfully well.

Ref bizzare somehow gave them bye-kick for a goal line clearance!

Och well onwards and upwards short trip up the tay to Perth Saturday.