1-0 Jags

hamiltonjag

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my mate, who was at the game, phoned at full time to give me his view of the match. He thought we were very poor. Still we are in the next round and another win will give further confidence to the lads.

Annan are a fit side that make you work hard and this was never going to be a stroll in the park. Had we scored early, and Rowson had a chance to do just that, it might have been different.

Job done.

my mate, who was at the game, phoned at full time to give me his view of the match. He thought we were very poor. Still we are in the next round and another win will give further confidence to the lads.

If they get confidence from that disgraceful performance, we're in for a season of drubbings in the First Division.

The tactical ineptitude reminded me of Uncle Dick's time. Sending high balls to the smallest strikers we can find, who are marked by giant centre backs looks some kind of training-ground ploy to sharpen players up. Does nobody in the dugout actually watch what's going on?

Add to that giving away possession repeatedly (and being caught in possession from time to time), not backtracking quickly enough and, of course, displaying the severe one-footedness that seems to spread like a dose of the runs among this group of players ("team" might be overdoing it), and you would imagine that they'd come back from a month-long Christmas holiday during which they'd been eating and drinking to excess.

A few players were up to the mark: Buchanan, Donnelly, Rowson, Flannigan, Robertson and Halliwell. That this team could make it count in the end (in the final 6 or 7 minutes!) is due to luck, when the ball is given away constantly and high balls are being papped in as if our only tall striker were on the park. No surprise that the goal came from working the ball through the centre, cutting open the Annan Athletic defence. Dear, oh dear!

Edited by Fearchar

If they get confidence from that disgraceful performance, we're in for a season of drubbings in the First Division.

The tactical ineptitude reminded me of Uncle Dick's time. Sending high balls to the smallest strikers we can find, who are marked by giant centre backs looks some kind of training-ground ploy to sharpen players up. Does nobody in the dugout actually watch what's going on?

Add to that giving away possession repeatedly (and being caught in possession from time to time), not backtracking quickly enough and, of course, displaying the severe one-footedness that seems to spread like a dose of the runs among this group of players ("team" might be overdoing it), and you would imagine that they'd come back from a month-long Christmas holiday during which they'd been eating and drinking to excess.

A few players were up to the mark: Buchanan, Donnelly, Rowson, Flannigan, Robertson and Halliwell. That this team could make it count in the end (in the final 6 or 7 minutes!) is due to luck, when the ball is given away constantly and high balls are being papped in as if our only tall striker were on the park. No surprise that the goal came from working the ball through the centre, cutting open the Annan Athletic defence. Dear, oh dear!

I actually thought Paton di dokay today and Im suually a critic of his. Didnt think Flannigan did anything great though will take a couple of games to settle in.

Thought McBeth did well and didnt think he should have been substituted. Robertson was solid, Halliwell not a lot to do. Several of the others need to up their game.

I actually thought Paton di dokay today and Im suually a critic of his. Didnt think Flannigan did anything great though will take a couple of games to settle in.

Thought McBeth did well and didnt think he should have been substituted. Robertson was solid, Halliwell not a lot to do. Several of the others need to up their game.

With a bit of luck, and a following wind, we might just be capable of winning promotion this season - from the Third Division, that is. :help: The scores don't lie: 2-1 against Clyde and 1-0 against Annan Athletic are desperately poor results.

(McBeth did alright, although he did make a few slips; presumably Cairney was brought on to put more experience into midfield and to protect a young player - a reasonable substitution, I'd say.)

Guest Argus

Couldn't have put it better myself. The tactical ineptitude from the dugout is becoming very scary.

The fact that it appeared a large section of the jags support apppeared to be completely pissed probably helped watching the game but won't help our reputation.

Too much moaning guys.

We won and that's the main thing.

And it's 2000 local time and I still don't know who I am cracking a beer to.

Nicely worked and taken goal by Sid. Annan had everyone behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down. Dont think Halliwell had anything to save. Was a terrible game to watch but at least we won

Every team in the first division plays the long ball. I remember the same complaints about a certain Mr Lambie.

With a bit of luck, and a following wind, we might just be capable of winning promotion this season - from the Third Division, that is. :help: The scores don't lie: 2-1 against Clyde and 1-0 against Annan Athletic are desperately poor results.

Looks like we'll be aiming for eighth spot this year, just ahead of the binos (admittedly with a fair wind behind us). I am not, repeat NOT Mr McCall, going to spend this season watching the High Balls To Midgets show.

Nicely worked and taken goal by Sid. Annan had everyone behind the ball and we found it hard to break them down. Dont think Halliwell had anything to save. Was a terrible game to watch but at least we won

Cheers Jaggyman!!

Some sense at last for those of us who cannot be there to moan!!!

Hail el Sid.............once again.

Ok lets do some basic mathematics, Liam Buchanan + Highball + 6ft3" CB = absolutely hopeless.

Why is McCall so unwilling to change anything once the whistle has started the match, why not bring on 6ft2" Grehan who would have at least competed in the air, and be able to match defenders strength wise.

Buchanan didn't get a sniff all match, he was out muscled, and its defies logic that Grehan did not start.

Next, who made Paton the man of the match. Its amazing what punting completely useless high balls down the outside can get you these days, a bottle of champagne and a MoM trophy in his case. <_<

Next, Hodge, please please please, give up! A static moron, who functions in the right, left, back and forward mode only, like some dodgy kids remote controled robot. He cant run diagonally, cant pick a pass, cant interperate a pass...its time to call it a day.

I fear for us this season, that was a disgracful preformance today, not just from a lot of the players (with exception to Robertson, Rowson and Donnelly who had decent games), but also from the complete lack of tatical awareness from the bench.

GET IT TOGETHER JAGS, 1 WEEK TO GO!

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

Hoped to see all the goals bulging the net in the first half, being 2 feet away from the net. Was not to be. Pretty dire game to watch if truth be told, but we're like Italy - keep it easy through the group stages and then show your true class later on. Still in it!

The Blue Bell Inn is a really nice boozer by the way

I'm dreading to come onto this forum when we actually lose a match.

My one concern today was that most of the teams in the division hit a few goals today. We've not created too much in these first two games (only saw clyde match). Hopefully, however, the chances will come when the league season gets under way.

Still rather be sitting here tonight after a victory (regardless of who it was against) than dealing with us being out the cup.

Hoped to see all the goals bulging the net in the first half, being 2 feet away from the net. Was not to be. Pretty dire game to watch if truth be told, but we're like Italy - keep it easy through the group stages and then show your true class later on. Still in it!

The Blue Bell Inn is a really nice boozer by the way

After the World cup just gone, could you not have given a better example other than Italy ? LOL.

As most have said above, a rather poor match.

Other talking points included:

• Paul Paton getting booked for a rather pointless retaliation.
  • Their keeper getting away with a booking for his challenge on Buchanan.
  • Halliwell's attempt to clear the ball with his "less-favoured" foot.
  • Their No. 10 (Walker?) throwing the ball for a bye kick after Halliwell had thrown it out of play for treatment to an Annan player.
    but most of all...
  • Did Cairney's shot off the bar cross the line? Goal line technology must be brought in straight away. :lol:

As most have said above, a rather poor match.

Other talking points included:

• Paul Paton getting booked for a rather pointless retaliation.
  • Their keeper getting away with a booking for his challenge on Buchanan.
  • Halliwell's attempt to clear the ball with his "less-favoured" foot.
  • Their No. 10 (Walker?) throwing the ball for a bye kick after Halliwell had thrown it out of play for treatment to an Annan player.
    but most of all...
  • Did Cairney's shot off the bar cross the line? Goal line technology must be brought in straight away. :lol:

Half time penalty shoot out worked for me, brilliant !