Celtic Away End Sold Out.

king of spain

Really? So the Thistle fans are going to "kick off" then? Has it been so long since we got humped off an Old Firm team that we won't be able to sit near someone who might be a Celtic fan without getting violent?

Was there a lot of violent Thistle fans outside Firhill after we got thrashed by Aberdeen? I was having a nice wee chat with a couple of Dons fans about the proximity of Pittodrie to the train station, and didn't see any. But maybe there was.

Quadruply glad I'm not going now, I don't want to be shamed by Thistle fans "kicking off".

Maybe some will kick off, yes.

Or maybe the celtic guys that have Main Stand tickets? and we are one up and giving it laldy, they will kick off...

Calm down dears.

I think we are fixed upon this issue. It is not uncommon to have both sets of fans in the same areas.

Here is Germany, they even wear away colours in the home end. It is only in the "ultras" area, where it actually says on the ticket that away fans are not welcome.

Bleed them for as much money as we can... if they behave like twats, kick them out.

Which would be our Main Stand for this game... which the club have been making available to every man and his dog that rocks up to Firhill for the last 48 hours.

I am stumped again, which I am sure some aren't surprised at. But we are where we are. Vouchers haven't been handed out in the last couple of games; ST holders haven't been given the "privelege" of buying extra tickets; we don't have any registration system for Thistle supporters and all the Celtic end tickets have been sold.

How do you sell tickets and ensure that only Thistle supporters get them ? I know, we need a test, like the Nationality test! You only get a ticket if you can recite the 71 wining team and the times and scorers of the goals.

Again lots of criticism but no solutions.

I am stumped again, which I am sure some aren't surprised at. But we are where we are. Vouchers haven't been handed out in the last couple of games; ST holders haven't been given the "privelege" of buying extra tickets; we don't have any registration system for Thistle supporters and all the Celtic end tickets have been sold.

How do you sell tickets and ensure that only Thistle supporters get them ? I know, we need a test, like the Nationality test! You only get a ticket if you can recite the 71 wining team and the times and scorers of the goals.

Lenzie, I don't think anyone has suggested that there is a way of doing it.

There have been loads of suggestions on how it should have been done, which would have massively reduced the Celtic head count in the home end.

Every one of those ideas a workable solution and provided within minutes if your request.

It's disappointing you have dismissed them so much that you can't even say... You know what guys, those are great ideas. It just shows up what lazy way of working our club has.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this mess, when and if, I hope we are top 6 and get a 2nd chance to beat them again :) ?

I haven't read all the foregoing posts, I have just scanned them.

I myself ordered 2 tickets for family members this morning by telephone as I can't get up to Firhill till Tuesday and I was concerned we would miss out,

I was very surprised to be told on a pre-recorded message that, basically all Celtic tickets were gone but 'if your a Jags fan' book here.

I then ordered my 2 tickets and went out of my way to mention that I was a season ticket holder and I knew exactly where I did not want to sit. I was kind of trying to make a point ( as in should you not be asking these questions ! )

In my opinion, currently, the club would sell to anyone and just hope nobody gets hurt.

Maybe we are too long out of the big league and also acknowledging what a game against the old firm means to us as as fans, never mind the chaos the old firm cause at games.

Nice new seats by the way !

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this mess, when and if, I hope we are top 6 and get a 2nd chance to beat them again :) ?

I haven't read all the foregoing posts, I have just scanned them.

I myself ordered 2 tickets for family members this morning by telephone as I can't get up to Firhill till Tuesday and I was concerned we would miss out,

I was very surprised to be told on a pre-recorded message that, basically all Celtic tickets were gone but 'if your a Jags fan' book here.

I then ordered my 2 tickets and went out of my way to mention that I was a season ticket holder and I knew exactly where I did not want to sit. I was kind of trying to make a point ( as in should you not be asking these questions ! )

In my opinion, currently, the club would sell to anyone and just hope nobody gets hurt.

Maybe we are too long out of the big league and also acknowledging what a game against the old firm means to us as as fans, never mind the chaos the old firm cause at games.

Nice new seats by the way !

It doesn`t matter whether we finish top 6 or not. We play them again at Firhill on Wed. 26th March.

Lenzie, I don't think anyone has suggested that there is a way of doing it.

There have been loads of suggestions on how it should have been done, which would have massively reduced the Celtic head count in the home end.

Every one of those ideas a workable solution and provided within minutes if your request.

It's disappointing you have dismissed them so much that you can't even say... You know what guys, those are great ideas. It just shows up what lazy way of working our club has.

None of the ideas would prevent non thistle supporters getting their hands on home end tickets if they really wanted them and all of them would result in some people complaining

But you were expressing incredulity that tickets are being sold today, so I guess you don't want any more tickets to be sold to anyone ?

Do you know how many tickets have been sold to Celtic supporters for the home end ? Infact, do you know how many home end tickets have been sold in total ? Do you know what the scale of this problem is ? - I don't think so. I thought you were going to wait before jumping up and down

I hope with the increased cost to the club for extra polis and stewards that they will be up for lobbing out ALL rogue Tims from the designated Thistle areas. Or maybe the combined security forces and polis will be under instruction to strike the fear of hell fire into them courtesy of a rueful smile.

None of the ideas would prevent non thistle supporters getting their hands on home end tickets if they really wanted them and all of them would result in some people complaining

But you were expressing incredulity that tickets are being sold today, so I guess you don't want any more tickets to be sold to anyone ?

Do you know how many tickets have been sold to Celtic supporters for the home end ? Infact, do you know how many home end tickets have been sold in total ? Do you know what the scale of this problem is ? - I don't think so. I thought you were going to wait before jumping up and down

No one stated they would prevent non jags fans getting tickets. They offered an alternative that eould greatly reduce away fans getting tickets.

I was expressing concern about the manner in which they have been sold today.

That's up to you to form an opinion on whether I know how many tickets have been sold to date. I'm not willing to discuss that with you.

I did wait and people offered examples of what happened, I also talked to both Celtic and thistle fans away from here. Then I started posting as I said I would.

I really hope there isn't any trouble or incident. It's a pity the route the club took to sell tickets was one that made it easy for Celtic fans to get home tickets. When far better ways of working were available to them.

A lot of hysteria about nothing, scared of a few soap dodgers in our end FFS!! I take it a lot of you lads weren't around before the bing appeared and there would be mobs of Motherwell, Morton and Airdrie to name a few giving us a " wee surprise " from the stairs at the back of the terrace.

• Like 2

A lot of hysteria about nothing, scared of a few soap dodgers in our end FFS!! I take it a lot of you lads weren't around before the bing appeared and there would be mobs of Motherwell, Morton and Airdrie to name a few giving us a " wee surprise " from the stairs at the back of the terrace.

Ahh, the golden age of flashing! What we'd do to defend the tin roofed shrine. I remember when the polis sent in dogs and they came out shaved and minus their tails. Happy days.

Is this not getting a wee bit daft? Like most fans, I'm not happy about losing the North Stand and even thought about giving this one a miss. But then I thought about it and decided that I've been waiting too long to remind the so-called GFITW that there's only one team in Glasgow.

• Like 1

Would the TAG regestration not act like a database, would work as a start, plus the realscottishfootball one, and the other one we had

Well said Islay Jag! Remember when section b came onto the terracing incognito and then stormed the shed. Great fun!

My view on all this is, yes Beattie should have come out originally and said, we need the dosh, so we need to move folk around for 1 game.

I'll be there to spout lots of vitriol towards that mob. Can't wait!

In the late 70's we were stuffed into the enclosure, with a few hardy souls standing in the shed totally surrounded. I remember really admiring the bravery of those chaps.

Let's all just enjoy the game and have a laugh!

• Like 1

No one stated they would prevent non jags fans getting tickets. They offered an alternative that eould greatly reduce away fans getting tickets.

That's up to you to form an opinion on whether I know how many tickets have been sold to date. I'm not willing to discuss that with you.

I did wait and people offered examples of what happened, I also talked to both Celtic and thistle fans away from here. Then I started posting as I said I would.

I really hope there isn't any trouble or incident. It's a pity the route the club took to sell tickets was one that made it easy for Celtic fans to get home tickets. When far better ways of working were available to them.

The ruling regarding both sets of fans being segregated is effectively written in stone for any match involving any two clubs in this league. If there were to be any noticeable breaches of.that regulation PTFC could I'm certain be held to account. Besides where did I read the phrase "duty of care" lately?

Anyway as long as the Club can satisfy that they made every effort to prevent such breaches I'm sure they'd be off the hook.

Anyway as long as the Club can satisfy that they made every effort to prevent such breaches I'm sure they'd be off the hook.

Did they use the golden question option: name the starting XI when Thistle pumped Sellick 4-1 in the League Cup final in 1971 or the modern alternative of the starting XI when we won the last ever SFL Division 1 title at Falkirk?

It seems to me, more than just a concern - but you still haven't said you would do it from now on - which is what I am asking ?

I don't understand why you are not willing to discuss the number of tickets that have been sold, of your knowledge of that. Is it going to get somebody in any kind of trouble. .

TAG would work as a start. But I am asking what the solution is from now for this Celtic game.

Only option now is a zero tolerance approach to Celtic fans attempting to enter the home end or being identified within it.

Worst case scenario and it kicks off Thistle will be sanctioned and fined not Celtic

But again this is after the event, we should have put safeguards in place prior to them going on sale, we have had 3 months to plan for this

Edited by Norgethistle

Only option now is a zero tolerance approach to Celtic fans attempting to enter the home end or being identified within it.

Worst case scenario and it kicks off Thistle will be sanctioned and fined not Celtic

But again this is after the event, we should have put safeguards in place prior to them going on sale, we have had 3 months to plan for this

Do we stop selling tickets ?