Season Ticket And Hospitality

Jaggernaut

I remember having a great time at the final Dunfermline match at hospitality last season. I used the deal that was included in the season ticket price.

But I've forgotten whether there's the same deal this season!

Is there?

ETA: Nonsense! I think it was a Centenary Fund win.

But wasn't there a meal deal? And is there one this season?

Confused........

Edited by Jaggernaut

Last season if ST holders paid £25(?) extra you got a hospitality at one of five or six selected games.

This season there's nothing going that I'm aware of. In fact the "Curry Deal", which seemed a bit over priced to me was for pay at the gate fans only*.

*By that I mean letting a season ticket holder in for free at a league match is hardly tempting.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

That's fair comment. It is debatable if Friday nights are less accessible, though, as we seem to get bigger crowds than normal(even in 1st)

1st 2 home games of the season crowds were going to be good, the crowds against Caley & Hibs show the impact to crowds for non traditional kick off times, I know my Dad can't make Monday games and my Nephew tends not to make night games being only 6 and having clubs on a Friday, let's see how good a crowd we get for a Friday night game in January

1st 2 home games of the season crowds were going to be good, the crowds against Caley & Hibs show the impact to crowds for non traditional kick off times, I know my Dad can't make Monday games and my Nephew tends not to make night games being only 6 and having clubs on a Friday, let's see how good a crowd we get for a Friday night game in January

Personally, I have enjoyed all the Friday night games both this season and previously and I think that if TV picked very carefully, they could generate some real enthusiasm for Friday night football. Monday night is horrible for football. Sunday's aren't a problem for me as I don't rely on public transport. But I appreciate fully others opposition to playing games from traditional Saturday afternoon kick off and see that it could impact on ST sales

That's fair comment. It is debatable if Friday nights are less accessible, though, as we seem to get bigger crowds than normal(even in 1st)

That's not really the point. I think we can accept that the more Saturday 3pm KOs the more attractive the season ticket package. Regardless of the fact that Friday night's attendances hold up you would have to assume that they won't suit some ST holders and thus make the ST package less attractive for some.

Only four Saturday KOs before Xmas at Firhill could well mean more than a few ST holders will be questioning the value of their purchase.

• Like 1

That's not really the point. I think we can accept that the more Saturday 3pm KOs the more attractive the season ticket package. Regardless of the fact that Friday night's attendances hold up you would have to assume that they won't suit some ST holders and thus make the ST package less attractive for some.

Only four Saturday KOs before Xmas at Firhill could well mean more than a few ST holders will be questioning the value of their purchase.

I don't disagree. It is the uncertainty of when games will be played that will prevent supporters from buying a ST. If we knew the schedule for the whole season in advance, folk could take an informed decision if the ST package was worth it for them

• Like 1

I don't disagree. It is the uncertainty of when games will be played that will prevent supporters from buying a ST. If we knew the schedule for the whole season in advance, folk could take an informed decision if the ST package was worth it for them

Totally agree with this, currently punters are buying "blind"

True.

I think you can extend that to folk going to away games as well. To get a decent rail price you usually have to book in advance. Doncaster should be capable of appeasing TV companies and also looking after fan interests. Without an away crowd and busier grounds in general televised matches will in time hold less appeal to the TV companies.

True.

I think you can extend that to folk going to away games as well. To get a decent rail price you usually have to book in advance. Doncaster should be capable of appeasing TV companies and also looking after fan interests. Without an away crowd and busier grounds in general televised matches will in time hold less appeal to the TV companies.

Which will in turn reduce the amount the telly companies will pay, and by which time the fan base has dropped due to people getting out the way of going regularly

Which will in turn reduce the amount the telly companies will pay, and by which time the fan base has dropped due to people getting out the way of going regularly

Just to add to this, our last away game was played at a time and place that public transport to it was impossible, our next one there is no public transport back from it to Glasgow (last train 20:40), zero consideration for any travelling fans

Just to add to this, our last away game was played at a time and place that public transport to it was impossible, our next one there is no public transport back from it to Glasgow (last train 20:40), zero consideration for any travelling fans

Drive or get a supporters bus.

This game being on the tv makes sense, it's one where we'd have a small travelling away support anyway & I'd suggest suits the majority of our fans to watch it on the tv. Luck or judgement from Sky? Who knows.

This game being on the tv makes sense, it's one where we'd have a small travelling away support anyway & I'd suggest suits the majority of our fans to watch it on the tv. Luck or judgement from Sky? Who knows.

I'd think we'd take a decent enough support to Pittodrie if it was played on a Saturday. Surely you don't agree with arranging games at times when there is no public transport?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

We normally take a decent support to both Aberdeen or Caley on a Saturday, supporters buses are OK for folk that live near the pick up points on the way home, from Aberdeen otherwise still screwed as the trains will be off by 12 when they get back in town, as for driving try doing a 8+ hour shift 3 hours drive there and 3 back, hardly putting the fans well being to the front, games are going to really appeal to the neutral watching a empty stadium on a monday night, hardly adds to the spectacle

Totally agree mate. Can't make any Monday night games and struggle with Sundays. One less season ticket next year.

• Members

I think 1JL's post shows just how much this generation of football fan has come to accept televised football. Folk nowadays dont realise that it used to be exciting when you found out your team were going to be on TV that evening as the featured game. 18 team league, 9 matches on a Saturday and only two teams televised. Very rarely were the OF not featured and even then, if it was one of the OF, the other half were not televised that weekend. (Only the BBC covered Football).