Just In

stillresigned

Whenever we score and lose I always look back on it quite sadly. Not today. So glad we scored, that was brilliant, and so proud of this team. Thought Higginbotham and particularly Osbourne were great, but hard to believe the rest of that team had never played a top flight game three months ago. Belief should increase after that performance. A lot of football to be played, but I think we're more than a match for anyone else in this league.

Whenever we score and lose I always look back on it quite sadly. Not today. So glad we scored, that was brilliant, and so proud of this team. Thought Higginbotham and particularly Osbourne were great, but hard to believe the rest of that team had never played a top flight game three months ago. Belief should increase after that performance. A lot of football to be played, but I think we're more than a match for anyone else in this league.

This.

Proud of my team today thought they were well worthy of a point at least.On another subject my nine year old daughter who was with me at the game asked why that big man kept falling down i e samaras and when you look at it shes got a point

Funny that. My daughter's eight. Was pointing out to me that whenever a Thistle player went down they got straight back up, but Celtic players stayed down. She wasn't buying it at all.

No failures in the Thistle team today. Just a shame that their two goals came from errors; for the first Bannigan gave a horrendous short pass to ATS when the latter was marked, that led to a corner, and we lost another goal to a header from a set piece. For their second Welsh got caught in possession for the fourth time, and this time it was to be fatal. But apart from those lapses the team challenged, fought, and passed beautifully. Fox had a couple of excellent saves to keep us in it in the first half. ATS was impressive in all aspects of his game.

It's a shame that SOD isn't going on the runs into or outside of the opponents' defence the way we know he can do. It's depriving us of a valuable attacking option. Balatoni and Muirhead were excellent, though they'll be asking questions about the goal. Dools ran his heart out and scored, Elliott definitely gives the team a new lease of life when he comes on. Osbourne, another great shift. Man of the Match for me: Higginbotham. Tireless, got stuck in and about them, caused them no end of trouble.

A couple of long shots that we put in in the second half might have led to better things if the players had opted for one more pass, and a couple of moves in and around the box might have been a couple of longer snap-shots instead, but that's with the benefit of hindsight.

Excellent display, Jags. And the support from both stands was excellent too. Was a diseased-ridden bunch of vermin the other lot have as "supporters".

Agree with most of your points, but I think Archie would have correctly told SO'D to restrain himself somewat as Celtic were likely to press us higher up the park, than some of the dross teams do, which indeed they did. Still; thought he played well and particularly in the 2nd half he was the spare man and continually the ball took too long to arrive at his feet, However, like most people I am disappointed but not down, our team showed they are not relegation fodder like that wee c*nt Chick Dung predicted. Incidentally, he was sheepishly standing not 10 feet from me and for some reason I cannot fathom kept ducking out the road. But enough talk of Sevco, today shows how far we've come in the last few years and if we can somehow keep the bones of this team together, things can only get better.

Just a random thingy but I didn't think we had a player on our books that could match James Craigen when it comes to 90 min stamina. Going to have to revise that having seen Higginbotham today. In pure Gerry Collins parlance that was some shift the boy put in today. In all seriousness in seasons not that long ago even some of our better teams would be drained after that second goal against us went in. That simply just doesn't happen with this squad.

Players and support should be proud of their performance today.

Did anyone hear the Celtic fans sniggering away when when the announcer was saying how much was raised at the half time draw - pretty pathetic of them

Fair do's to Scott Brown at the end he applauded the Celtic fans in north stand and jackie Husband stand (to be expected) then turned further round and I could see him applauding the Jags fans for a few seconds - got to say I have never seen many opposition players do that - maybe he realised we gave them a hell of a game and was glad to be playing against a Glasgow team not interested in a players Religion but in a game of football

• Like 1

I think Muirhead has come in for some unfair critisism for the fitst goal, when you watch the 2 minutes of the game on Sportscene , it look like it was Conrad that moved away from Samaras.

Anyway we gave them a game of it, Higgenbottam and Osbourne were awesome yesterday. Continue to play the we do and somebody is going to take a hammering of us one week

In common with most posters (I think) pissed off with the result but not the performance. I spent 9 years complaining about how crap it would be to get promoted and got it shoved right down my throat to day - the feeling when you score against Celtic is just awesome. Onwards and very much upwards.

Goals against Celtic or Sevco always lead to brilliant celebrations that you just don't get in 99% of other matches.

Thought we were very pleasing on the eye and played very positively throughout. Disappointed with the very few highlights shown on Sportscene.

Osbourne definitely MoM for me. Broke up so many Celtic attacks, generally bossing the midfield. Welsh obviously got caught one too many times on the ball, which is a shame as he did well winning fouls when caught in possession in televised games. Higginbotham was great creatively but just too greedy on occasions. It did show how self confident he is, but he shot once or twice when much better options were available.

Thought we were very pleasing on the eye and played very positively throughout. Disappointed with the very few highlights shown on Sportscene.

Osbourne definitely MoM for me. Broke up so many Celtic attacks, generally bossing the midfield. Welsh obviously got caught one too many times on the ball, which is a shame as he did well winning fouls when caught in possession in televised games. Higginbotham was great creatively but just too greedy on occasions. It did show how self confident he is, but he shot once or twice when much better options were available.

Par for the course with our "sporting" media, the only surprise is that they somehow don't manage to add Sevco highlights to the package!

Agree with what you say about Higginbotham, but I'd guess that's the reason he's at Firhill to be honest.