Scotland V Usa

macjag

USA match won't sell out - last time they came to Hampden there was only 27K or thereabouts in the ground - more recently they pumped us 5-1 in Jacksonville, Fla.

Tickets are always on sale from the booths outside the ground (adjacent to the lesser Hampden pitch) - the end of the ground nearest to the Mount Florida train station.

Can't see more than 20k at this on Friday night.

Edited by gianlucatoni

Was thinking of going to this with the wife and wean but cant get over to hampden for tickets is there tickets on sale on the night.

Bought tickets online this afternoon.

They are getting posted out.

The queues to pick up tickets from the booths at the Croatia game last month were cronic, many missed the start.

USA match won't sell out - last time they came to Hampden there was only 27K or thereabouts in the ground - more recently they pumped us 5-1 in Jacksonville, Fla.

Tickets are always on sale from the booths outside the ground (adjacent to the lesser Hampden pitch) - the end of the ground nearest to the Mount Florida train station.

Can't see more than 20k at this on Friday night.

Levein was in charge when the American thumped us in Florida. Given the improved results under Strachan who has Steven Fletcher available again, we should be looking to beat them at home. 20k would be a disappointing crowd and 30k plus would be reasonable.

with way press coverage went over last week and it still mentioning scott fox getting 1st call up on mackay-steven and conway getting call ups anyone reckon fox will play

Because he's lost 2 x 3 goals since he got called up I'd be surprised if he played.

But then, I was surprised that he lost 2 x 3 goals.

Bought tickets online this afternoon.

They are getting posted out.

The queues to pick up tickets from the booths at the Croatia game last month were cronic, many missed the start.

Tried to book online but for some reason they are only offering adult tickets when i opted for the family section given up.

Buy your tickets online. The queues to buy on the day are a nightmare and are to be avoided even if the crowd is low.

There were no queues just before the Croatia game.

There were loads of punters selling tickets on the street so perhaps that took folk away from the kiosks.

The queues at the Wales game, however, were horrendous as you say.

I've bought online and collecting on Friday afternoon. The booths are open from 2pm.

And when there was a cloud of dust that exploded every time we scored from the Rangers End

Shocked to hear a Thistle Fan calling it anything apart from the 'Mount Florida end', tut tut :shok::thumbdown:

But I remember as a ball-boy at Firhill getting tickets for the Home Internationals for Section N & O and there were 'medium' sized fences to climb over as we made our way from the Kingspark End to to the covered end (H & J) as the atmosphere was always brill.

I'm almost certain that you've barely, if ever, seen Gilks play. There's really no need for the anti-English nonsense

I for one certainly haven't seen Gilks play but I believe he qualifies due to a Scottish granny. If the guy was an out and out brilliant goalie would he still qualify to play for Scotland or would he have already been called up for the country of his other three grandparents? I think there's a big difference in being pro Scottish and being anti English. Wanting to see a lad who doesn't qualify to play for any other country than Scotland ahead of a player whose roots is more tenuous is in my mind completely natural.

I'm perhaps coming more from the "Stein/Barnes" tradition but I think it's fair to suggest that there's a certain discontentment with the "cap anyone" policy. If Gilks is way ahead of Scott Fox fair enough but this is a friendly and in my naive idealism I'd much prefer Scotland to play Scots born players. Obviously I make an exception for James Craigen :)

I for one certainly haven't seen Gilks play but I believe he qualifies due to a Scottish granny. If the guy was an out and out brilliant goalie would he still qualify to play for Scotland or would he have already been called up for the country of his other three grandparents? I think there's a big difference in being pro Scottish and being anti English. Wanting to see a lad who doesn't qualify to play for any other country than Scotland ahead of a player whose roots is more tenuous is in my mind completely natural.

I'm perhaps coming more from the "Stein/Barnes" tradition but I think it's fair to suggest that there's a certain discontentment with the "cap anyone" policy. If Gilks is way ahead of Scott Fox fair enough but this is a friendly and in my naive idealism I'd much prefer Scotland to play Scots born players. Obviously I make an exception for James Craigen :)

Being pro-Scottish is great of course - we're all pro-Scottish. I said it was anti-English because the phrase "mediocre English pish" was used.

If any non Scots-born player who will improve our squad is happy to accept call-ups as a backup player then we should be pleased to have them.

Some of the better players (and regulars) in our squad at the moment (Morrison, S. Fletcher, Martin, maybe Rhodes in time) weren't born in Scotland. If England overlook a player, are we supposed to ignore them because he's not good enough for a country with 10 times our population?

Of course it would be better to only select 'first-choice Scottish' players, but we should be realistic and take any advantage available - every other country does the same. Spain, Germany, Portugal etc have all selected players who weren't born in those countries - because the players improve the team.

Although obviously it would be great to see Foxy given a cap!

Would you make the same argument in relation to the following players who are in the current squad or have been capped recently?

Jordan Rhodes - born in Oldham

Russell Martin - born in Brighton

Steven Fletcher - born in Shrewsbury

Matt Phillips - born in Aylesbury, Bucks

James Morrison - born in Darlington

Shaun Maloney - born in Malaysia

Liam Bridcutt - born in Reading

Kris Commons - born in Mansfield

George Boyd - born in Chatham, Kent

Phill Bardsley - born in Salford

James Mackie - born in Dorking, Surrey

Craig Mackail-Smith - born in Watford

If so, Strachan would have a much smaller pool of players to choose from.

Edited by kni

Gilks qualifies to play for Scotland, and successive managers continue to pick him and he turns up.

He comprehensively removed any doubt about his dedication to the cause with his performance in Skopje, m'lady.

Time to let it go.