Aberdeen Cup Game

potty trained

I predict a 1-0 win, in true Thistle style (i.e. against the current run of form)

We've been lucky with the football we've seen at Firhill over the last 18 months. But come Sunday I expect a negative, stop start typical Scottish Cup tie in freezing, damp conditions. :evil:

Mark Kerr with a late goal from the edge of the box, after a scramble from a corner, against the run of play.

I predict a 1-0 win, in true Thistle style (i.e. against the current run of form)

We've been lucky with the football we've seen at Firhill over the last 18 months. But come Sunday I expect a negative, stop start typical Scottish Cup tie in freezing, damp conditions. :evil:

Mark Kerr with a late goal from the edge of the box, after a scramble from a corner, against the run of play.

Does the corner get beyond the first defender at the near post?

With Aaron M suspended, is this the game in which Piccolo will finally play his first blinder? Or will Archie put Osbourne or even McMillan in central defence alongside Balatoni?

Have a feeling that since O'Donnell is back that McMillan will sit in the centre with Balatoni. We will need Osbourne in midfield to keep things solid in the middle of the park.

Can't see Piccolo playing this game after his track record against Aberdeen (regardless of blame and individual errors etc etc)!

If McMillan plays well he might get to stay in the team and centre of defence for the next league game that Balatoni misses. If McMillan plays this game and is poor then Piccolo may be drafted in to cover for Balatoni in the league.

Lots of assumptions and second guesses in this post :)

Doesn't seem that long ago that we went into our first home Saturday afternoon fixture of the Premiership season with a heavy dose of optimism against a, seemigly injury ravaged Aberdeen team.

We all know what has happened since.

Another seemingly impossible task on Sunday and the manager forced to re-jig his team due to suspensions and try to keep confidence high among his squad.

A win would go along way to re-instilling the confidence that we can achieve our goal of achieving 10th spot in the league come seasons end.

Can we achieve it? Not sure but we need to every player playing their part and some having their best performamces of the season, so far to get close.

#stillbelieving