Plan B

Jagsman

Nah, they lost today whilst United scored 4, albeit against pretty pish opposition ... Annan are trailing the manky Clyde down in the basement, Arbroath are doing as badly as us two divisions down. Mabye Alloa, sitting midway through the Championship.

You sound like a prospective Sevco glory hunter! :P

4-2-3-1 is a diverse enough formation, we just don't have the player pool or intelligence to mix sensible, concentrated attacking play with a solid defensive structure. Either there is a complete mentality change from pretty pattern pish or we'll need to turn our back on last season's champions in favour of other options. Where we are in the middle of January, where we will have played a good few winnable home games, will say a lot about whether we need new personnel, and possibly even a manager. But for now we should absolutely give both players and manager the chance to display they can get our season on track.

• Like 1

We seem unable to change our style and for me that spells relegation.We should have picked up more points from the first 11 games.But now we are getting well beat.If Archie is to have a decent career as a manager he will need to show that he can turn it around.Some of the fans wont like it but imo we have to become a more defensive team. We are still in a resonable position as 10th imo would have been our target for this season.That is now 4 defeats in a row we need to halt the decline soon.

• Like 1

In order to have a Plan B he would need to first have worked out his tactics for Plan A.

I can only assume you were extremely disappointed with the 2nd half of last season plus the first quarter of this season (give or take a result here and there) or that you feel a monkey pushing buttons could have selected the squad and set them up to get the team promoted?

I don't mean to pick but Archie is pretty much responsible for the team who have brought us to where we are now, both in terms of promotion and the excellent football right through to the poor run we are experiencing (not signing them all but in setting the team up), plan A is just fine although I absolutely agree we need a few more up our sleeve and to be able to change from plan to plan where required, flummox some of the other rookie (& experienced) managers in the league.

do we have one are we expansive enough to maybe move to 3-5-2 atleast the full backs can swap between 3-5-2 and 5-3-2 midfield be packed and further support up front

Personally, I feel this is our only option at the moment and should be played in the cup game.

Maybe till we can steady the ship we should become more of a counter attacking team looking to sit back and hit on the break.

I can only assume you were extremely disappointed with the 2nd half of last season plus the first quarter of this season (give or take a result here and there) or that you feel a monkey pushing buttons could have selected the squad and set them up to get the team promoted?

I don't mean to pick but Archie is pretty much responsible for the team who have brought us to where we are now, both in terms of promotion and the excellent football right through to the poor run we are experiencing (not signing them all but in setting the team up), plan A is just fine although I absolutely agree we need a few more up our sleeve and to be able to change from plan to plan where required, flummox some of the other rookie (& experienced) managers in the league.

He kept the momentum going well and he has to be applauded for that but the arse has completely fallen out of that and we're just getting spanked heavily every week.

Another heavy loss to Aberdeen and more fans will be getting fed up with the team not even being able to compete. Something that Hearts have been able to do recently.

I just hope if Archie does stay then Ross County and Killie stay just as bad.

In order to have a Plan B he would need to first have worked out his tactics for Plan A.

OK. You clearly don't think we have the right manager for the challenge we face this season. I happen to disagree but that's my opinion. No doubt time will tell but most of us I thought were of the opinion a 10th place.finish would be viewed as a success.

• Like 1

He kept the momentum going well and he has to be applauded for that but the arse has completely fallen out of that and we're just getting spanked heavily every week.

Another heavy loss to Aberdeen and more fans will be getting fed up with the team not even being able to compete. Something that Hearts have been able to do recently.

I just hope if Archie does stay then Ross County and Killie stay just as bad.

Can't believe fans after not even half the season played should be fed up with it should Thistle lose to Aberdeen

Archie should be commended for the way he sets his team out to play football and if you stick with the team the way the Hearts fans have done things might just turn around.

Ross County and Killie might turn things around just as St Mirren did but the same could be said for Thistle and surely after getting the team to the top league and playing a style of football that was great to watch you back the manager and show a bit of trust in him.

Staying in the top league is surely the main goal and anything else a bonus so why all the panic just now?

Can't believe fans after not even half the season played should be fed up with it should Thistle lose to Aberdeen

Archie should be commended for the way he sets his team out to play football and if you stick with the team the way the Hearts fans have done things might just turn around.

Ross County and Killie might turn things around just as St Mirren did but the same could be said for Thistle and surely after getting the team to the top league and playing a style of football that was great to watch you back the manager and show a bit of trust in him.

Staying in the top league is surely the main goal and anything else a bonus so why all the panic just now?

My fear (and this will be controversial) is Archie is still using Jackies tactics, with out a back up plan, he needs to learn to chop and change according to the oposition and conditions "Horses for courses" to quote Lambie

Edited by Norgethistle
  • Like 2

Problem is, I think most fans turn out to see their team winning. Doing it with a bit of style is a bonus and we are not managing that often enough this season.

Getting horsed by three, four, five goals most weeks and somehow finishing 10th might be a success, but it's still not going to be a very enjoyable season, is it?

No it isn't. Maybe we should've contrived to remain second in Div 1. Lucky old Morton, eh?

No it's not very enjoyable but it's not that long ago we were getting horsed that, in the Old Divisions One & Two on occasion.

:thumbsup2:

Or just two years ago requiring a replay to horse Culter.

I'm really, really failing to understand your point.

Are you saying we shouldn't be unhappy because in the past we were much better, and in the past we were much worse?

We live in the here and now, and right now Thistle are getting tanned every single game. There doesn't seem much hope that Archie can change things, because he hasn't yet, we keep getting players sent off to further thin out our squad, and we've no money for January anyway. I'd love for us to figure it out, turn round and beat Aberdeen in the cup match, but does anyone think that's a realistic possibility?

Should I just not bother going back to Firhill this season - because watching us get beat 3-0 off a shite St Mirren was very grim and made for a horrible weekend - and instead comfort myself with the facts that Morton are even worse, and in 1971 we won a major trophy?

"Oh well, things could be worse" is nothing more than a mantra for morons.

^ 13 goals conceded in the last 4 league games should cause everyone great concern. Osborne must be close to a suspension after picking up a few bookings in those games.

The big question is whether any of our U20 squad can step up like United's Gauld, Soutar and Robertson. Let's see what Duggan, Colina, Brown etc have to offer.

Edited by kni