A T S

mulguy jag

lewcal, on 27 November 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

The guy has been a tremendous servant to the club

2 and a bit seasons where we took him from part time to full time makes him a tremendous servant?

Yes I think so. He's came in,learned quickly and contributed to a title winning team.

• Like 1

Anybody ever considered the reason why we've lost so many goals of late ? I believe its time to stop the pretty football and wake up and smell the roses , stop the gung ho raids by our intrepid duo and have them playing their established roles as defenders , to stop the attacks down our flanks and settle the team for a while , doing so would also make the loss of ATS more bearable by bringing in an orthodox full back to do a bit of defending for a change !!

• Like 1

Anybody ever considered the reason why we've lost so many goals of late ? I believe its time to stop the pretty football and wake up and smell the roses , stop the gung ho raids by our intrepid duo and have them playing their established roles as defenders , to stop the attacks down our flanks and settle the team for a while , doing so would also make the loss of ATS more bearable by bringing in an orthodox full back to do a bit of defending for a change !!

Most of our goals concede have come through the middle. Balatoni and Muirhead and the midfield have been culpable more than anyone else. Regards Osbourne , he is only 1 midfielder.

I think he's been one of our most consistent and best players this season. He'll be missed.

Ziggy Gordon is a Right Back Kni. I doubt he's on our radar for this season when we have 2 (or 3 if you count Muirhead) right-backs in the 1st team pool already.

naturally right back, but has played left back on a regular basis.

I saw him last season play left back against Morton in the midweek "wheels off the bus game"... he stood out a mile, was able to step outside onto his left foot, or inside onto his right. infact scored a goal similar to Elliotts at Hamilton, but steped in onto his right curling one in the far corner.

Infact i think he played left back against us aswell.

regardless of being a right or left back, i think he is someone we should be watching and considering, if the budget allows.

Thios is of course based on his [performances last year. i've no idea how he's doing this season.

I think he's been one of our most consistent and best players this season. He'll be missed.

Ziggy Gordon is a Right Back Kni. I doubt he's on our radar for this season when we have 2 (or 3 if you count Muirhead) right-backs in the 1st team pool already.

Gordon can play at left-back too and has done so on many occasions for Accies. He's a versatile defender who can also play in central defence too.

Issue with Gordon will be our status in comparison to Hamilton's. Mainly league position.

If Hamilton are sitting top and looking strong and our current form continues or we are closer to Hearts in January then it wouldn't be an easy decision for him. Likewise, come the end of the season our respective league positions are likely to influence him.

We are the "bigger" club but Premiership football is his chance to show his worth and maybe clinch a proper big move.

I agree that he is worth keeping an eye on though.

Quite like a few players in the lower divisions who could eventually replace Sinclair.

Stephen Kingsley is probably the best left back in the First Division at the moment but Falkirk would be looking for a fair reimbursement and rightly so. Echo the comments about Ziggy Gordon; have been impressed every time he's played against us although I was ridiculed by some Accies fans when doing so who didn't seem to rate him very highly. Would definitely say he's more comfortable as a right back, though. Liked Darryl Meggatt when I seen him play for Queen's Park but not watched him recently and since he's moved to Alloa, I think he's flitted between full-back and centre-half. Probably the pick of the lower division left backs would be Kevin Holt of Queen of the South. Only seen him twice but he's a big, strong running full back. Not sure how he's adapted to the First Division but he's only 20 and has got a fair amount of development in him. Also out of contract in the summer.

Dundee are sniffing about Clyde's Kieran MacDonald but anytime I've seen him play at left back, he's looked like a fish out of water; tall and rangy, not dissimilar to Sinclair in that respect, but a poor defender. Could make a decent outside left or possibly even central midfielder but would need a power of work as a full back.

Edited by Armand2

Gordon can play at left-back too and has done so on many occasions for Accies. He's a versatile defender who can also play in central defence too.

Have heard he's got a talent for making animals out of balloons, can do yon trick with the spinning plates and his signature dish is a mighty fine baked Alaska.

and for not the first time Stephen Hendrie is the real talent in the Accies defence. Naturally left sided full back as well.

Quite like a few players in the lower divisions who could eventually replace Sinclair.

Stephen Kingsley is probably the best left back in the First Division at the moment but Falkirk would be looking for a fair reimbursement and rightly so. Echo the comments about Ziggy Gordon; have been impressed every time he's played against us although I was ridiculed by some Accies fans when doing so who didn't seem to rate him very highly. Would definitely say he's more comfortable as a right back, though. Liked Darryl Meggatt when I seen him play for Queen's Park but not watched him recently and since he's moved to Alloa, I think he's flitted between full-back and centre-half. Probably the pick of the lower division left backs would be Kevin Holt of Queen of the South. Only seen him twice but he's a big, strong running full back. Not sure how he's adapted to the First Division but he's only 20 and has got a fair amount of development in him. Also out of contract in the summer.

Dundee are sniffing about Clyde's Kieran MacDonald but anytime I've seen him play at left back, he's looked like a fish out of water; tall and rangy, not dissimilar to Sinclair in that respect, but a poor defender. Could make a decent outside left or possibly even central midfielder but would need a power of work as a full back.

Interesting assessment - would you rate Kingsley above Holt? Kingsley is under contract for next season so Falkirk could demand a substantial fee for him. We would have to pay compensation for any player under 23 who is out of contract in May, e.g. Gordon and Holt. If Accies get promoted, they will have the money to offer Gordon much better terms.

A key point is whether we now have the scouting resources to identify and assess potential recruits. The manager said that we lacked a scouting set-up earlier in the season.

Interesting assessment - would you rate Kingsley above Holt? Kingsley is under contract for next season so Falkirk could demand a substantial fee for him. We would have to pay compensation for any player under 23 who is out of contract in May, e.g. Gordon and Holt. If Accies get promoted, they will have the money to offer Gordon much better terms.

A key point is whether we now have the scouting resources to identify and assess potential recruits. The manager said that we lacked a scouting set-up earlier in the season.

If we were looking to replace Sinclair with a player of similar traits, Kingsley would be my preference who is quite dynamic and good going forward but I suspect he'll be well out of our price range. If we're looking to replace him with a player of similar stature then Holt is roughly the same height with comparable athleticism. Holt is probably the vice-versa of what Sinclair was when he first arrived - he was good going forward but a little bit suspect defensively whereas Holt is probably a better defender than an attacker.

If we were looking to replace Sinclair with a player of similar traits, Kingsley would be my preference who is quite dynamic and good going forward but I suspect he'll be well out of our price range. If we're looking to replace him with a player of similar stature then Holt is roughly the same height with comparable athleticism. Holt is probably the vice-versa of what Sinclair was when he first arrived - he was good going forward but a little bit suspect defensively whereas Holt is probably a better defender than an attacker.

Looks like ATS going to sign for Celtic, shame some things never change

So question is, take the nominal fee in January or keep him till summer?

Tempted to take the money. Full backs are easiest to replace. But we'd need to bring in someone ready for first team. Always been impressed by Calum Booth - unsure his loan situation and whether Hibs want him or not.

Celtic won't need him NOW, so a pre conrarct agreement and we get NOTHING!

Said in the article Celtic are willing to do either but Archie would prefer to keep him till summer.

If true, kudos to Celtic for that! I can see what Archie's thinking is. Long termish view, taking the view that maybe if ATS helps keep us up it's worth more than possibly going down after selling him.

Exactly. Do the punters at Parkheid not expect their players to be able to cross the ball once in a while?

His crossing has been excellent this year. Don't let that stop you from criticising one of the best and most exciting players we've had in recent years though.