Sinclair

Jagman1876

Dont think his agent is doing him any favours with regards to his development ( just going for the money) cant see him displacing Izaguirre,agree with last post Banzo is a more complete player

And Izaguirre has been average at best since his injury, remember that awful performance he put in when he was the only senior player in a friendly a few years back? It's not impossible he replaces him if he gets a chance when he is injured/suspended but when even the red tops aren't making up stories about him moving to the Premiership then it doesn't look like he has any suitors.

Is he not on record as saying he wanted to move to England after Thistle?

I said previous that I'd sell if it was 50k so 75k is a good deal. Any chance we'll have a sell on fee in the contract?

I'd agree with us putting Bannigan back there. Allows welsh and osbourne to play sitting. Always thought bannigans a better left back than centre mid when it comes to premiership. Not quite strong enough yet.

Good news. Let's see what Archie does with the money. Hopefully amido balde is still en-route.

Any of the youngsters ready?

Dale Keenan is ATS's shadow in the U20s. I don't believe he's ready yet. Looks like he could play in an emergency and not be too fazed but I doubt he could cover for any lengthy period.

Meehan is nearer the step up but right sided. He covered down the left for Keenan when he was suspended but that was a fairly neutral outcome.

Have long thought that neither Bannigan or McMillan would be a mid to long term solution at this level. Again they'd probably do OK covering for an ATS injury/suspension but I doubt they'd be up to half a season, especially the second part of this season coming.

There lies the problem. Even if we were to get a considerable sum for ATS in January there's no guarantee that he could be adequately replaced during that month even using the full amount available. Btw while I can understand a club wanting to jump the queue for a player I don't see why that club wouldn't use that sum of money as a bargaining tool to get him to sign a pre contract.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Dale Keenan is ATS's shadow in the U29s. I don't believe he's ready yet. Looks like he could play in an emergency and not be too fazed but I doubt he could cover for any lengthy period.

Meehan is nearer the step up but right sided. He covered down the left for Keenan when he was suspended but that was a fairly neutral outcome.

Have long thought that neither Bannigan or McMillan would be a mid to long term solution at this level. Again they'd probably do OK covering for an ATS injury/suspension but I doubt they'd be up to half a season, especially the second part of this season coming.

There lies the problem. Even if we were to get a considerable sum for ATS in January there's no guarantee that he could be adequately replaced during that month even using the full amount available. Btw while I can understand a club wanting to jump the queue for a player I don't see why that club wouldn't use that sum of money as a bargaining tool to get him to sign a pre contract.

A bit dismayed if our "young" talent are that age group!! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call getting £75K for ATS great business, unless we get a whopping sell-on clause of our own inserted into the print of the deal. A fair and reasonable transaction though, all things considered.

agreed. £75k is better than a boot in the baws, but would be softened by additional sell-on clause.

got to take into account too final league placings values. one place higher anywhere in league is worth more than £75k.

no one has a crystal ball, so no one can know for sure how removal of ATS from team for half a season will affect our results or who takes up his position (and if a player from our existing squad, or teammate is moved to take up ATS's position, how that would affect (positively or negatively) performances and ultimately results. would we gain more or less points without ATS (and the potential change in who plays where to counter this) for the remainder of the season, and is he worth more to us (and thus £75k) to retain until his contract runs out? and that is why, i am of same opinion as mr blackpool, that a substantial sell-on clause would soften the blow if we were to lose him in a few weeks, but equally am not convinced it's "great business" to lose one of our best talents for half the season, particularily in what is our first season back in top flight. if it was season 3, 4 or 5 in top flight, be different, as we'd be more established, be able to attract easier better replacements or have a even better youth setup and pool of inhouse talent to choose from.

ultimately, it should be solely a decision made by the management and coaching staff alone (and not a chairman or directors decision) as to whether we take the money (and best deal possible) next month (and whether we could using this money, be better overall team without ATS), or retain his services until end of season. for only archie, shaggy, and rest of coaches of first and reserve teams are suitably qualified and best positioned to address the pros and cons and dilemmas of my above musings, and whether ATS should stay or go in a few weeks.

in archie and co we must continue to trust.

agreed. £75k is better than a boot in the baws, but would be softened by additional sell-on clause.

got to take into account too final league placings values. one place higher anywhere in league is worth more than £75k.

no one has a crystal ball, so no one can know for sure how removal of ATS from team for half a season will affect our results or who takes up his position (and if a player from our existing squad, or teammate is moved to take up ATS's position, how that would affect (positively or negatively) performances and ultimately results. would we gain more or less points without ATS (and the potential change in who plays where to counter this) for the remainder of the season, and is he worth more to us (and thus £75k) to retain until his contract runs out? and that is why, i am of same opinion as mr blackpool, that a substantial sell-on clause would soften the blow if we were to lose him in a few weeks, but equally am not convinced it's "great business" to lose one of our best talents for half the season, particularily in what is our first season back in top flight. if it was season 3, 4 or 5 in top flight, be different, as we'd be more established, be able to attract easier better replacements or have a even better youth setup and pool of inhouse talent to choose from.

ultimately, it should be solely a decision made by the management and coaching staff alone (and not a chairman or directors decision) as to whether we take the money (and best deal possible) next month (and whether we could using this money, be better overall team without ATS), or retain his services until end of season. for only archie, shaggy, and rest of coaches of first and reserve teams are suitably qualified and best positioned to address the pros and cons and dilemmas of my above musings, and whether ATS should stay or go in a few weeks.

in archie and co we must continue to trust.

If he wants to leave and can walk for free later this year either let him go or drop him we need fully focused players

for our battles ahead which are much more important than one player.In my opinion he looked anything but focused

last Sunday and we cannot afford this,it happens sometimes no questioning he tries 100% but thats not good enough

where we are at present.

I'd say dont play him . Nothing against him, and I wish him all the best, but we need to find a settled defensive pattern asap for the rest of the season.

Banzo to full back, he's a much better tackler anyway.In a strange way I think the team may have a stronger look about it when he goes.

He will need to play tomorrow. Bannigan is suspended as is Balatoni. It also looks like SOD and Macmillan are injured.