Just In St Johnstone

angry gaz

Farcical game ,farcical conditions,farcical display from the ref.The ref is a ******** for starting it in the first place if he then thought it was unplayable at half time.Don't know if it was that much worse.Seen games played in worse but not too bothered about the decision.He didn't get much else right.

Thought we were struggling a little bit and the injury to Ozzy could have cost us if the game had been completed.Muirhead and Gabby seemed to handle some difficult situation well too.

That area of the pitch was no worse at half time than it was when Clancy decided the game could start, and the rain appeared to be easing. The game could and should have been played to a finish.

However, the decision was completely in keeping with his performance throughout the first half - bizarre and inexplicable.

Do refs have to play 45 minutes to claim their fee? That would be the only reason I could see for starting but not finishing in these conditions.

Edited by Rid Skwerr

The game should never have gone ahead. It looked to me that the terrible conditions, contributed significantly to big Osbourne's injury. The whole half was a travesty, with us coming off the worst IMO. In fact had the game gone ahead, my money would've been on the Sainties. However, the inept refereeing yet again was the main talking point.

The game should not have started, and I was actually hoping it would be off as I walked, drookit, from Queen St.

Who knows, this might be a "Cowdenbeath" event, as the way the match was going my money would have been on St Johnstone to score; we were producing nothing.

Here's hoping that Osbourne won't be out injured.

Think the ref is in a difficult position here but the players safety has got to be the most important factor in this.

Both managers were in agreement the game should start and both apparently agreed it was the correct call to postpone it when he did.

Most frustrating bit was how good the weather has been all this week and i was looking forward to going today but the weather today made it an easy decision to stay in this afternoon.

I forgot to take my ticket stub from the Celtic game but don't really mind the £5 donation to the club. However, had I been paid £20 to watch that game I would still have felt short-changed. That was probably the worst 45 minutes of non-football I've ever seen - gusting wind, waterlogged pitch and a worrying enthusiasm to hoof the ball at every opportunity.

The conditions didn't seem any worse by half time but I was delighted when the game was called off - it was a farce and shouldn't have started. The referee was hopeless - his late whistle to pull Saints back for a foul for them when they had a clear advantage was particularly inept. Saints were clearly the better side - did we actually manage to keep possession for more than two successive passes?

The only saving graces were Craigen at least trying to play football, and a couple of nice lay-offs from Doolan...and Sean Welsh made the half-time draw without picking up an injury.

I think you have to give the ref a bit of slack - if the rain had stopped at any point in first half it would've kept going, i think it was worth starting game, but ref has obviously thought at half time that it was the easy decision as it was 0-0. Without ozzy i didnt fancy it 2nd half anyways

Doesn't explain why he came out 5 mins into the break. He knew what the underfoot conditions were like.

the ref was interviewed by Keevins on clyde 1 after the game and he said the players were saying to him they were happy to start but after 30 mins they were concerned about the pitch. I said to my Dad when we got in just after half 2 this will be lucky to finish. Mannus' kick outs weren't even reaching halfway up their half in the warm up.was fed up after 45 mins of dross I can't even call footie and wanted to go home. does anyone know if that guy in the Northy was ok after the match? he was sitting slouched in his seat as if he was sleeping, but he didn't seem to respond to the steward.

terrible football from us. terrible weather and terrible officiating for both clubs. highlight for me was the shout of Bannigan you should be wading down that wing.

glad the ref saw sense at half time. though think he realised the JHS side linesman was more inept than himself.

The cup are you for real? Your panning a player who was on for under two minutes? I suppose you blame Baird for today's weather as well them and why not find a link to him starting World War One while your at it

He came on, lost the ball within seconds and instead of chasing back to close down the opposition he threw his hands up in a strop and started shouting at the ref.

I really don't like him.