Kilmarnock Away Saturday 21St December

little_miss_jag

I didn't ask if you expected him to be sacked, I asked if you think he should be sacked.

No I don't want him sacked either thought that was clear from the post, but for him to do his job we need some decent signings and a decent scouting network to identify these potential signings, we don't have a scout employed by the club, so how serious are our board about helping him do the job when he doesn't have the basic tools provided to him to do his job, or to maximise his wage budget by flogging the fans DVD's TAG etc etc

The big change in results for Dundee last season when they got rid of Barry Smith for Brown was clear so changing the manager isn't always a bad idea.

Their form under him suggested that they would've stayed up had he been there longer.

It sounds like Archie has the ability to bring in some players in January so until then I'm content to wait and see what he does.

If he just brings in more dross like Kerr and Baird and we don't improve then it's time for him to go, legend or not.

• Like 1

Loads of soothsayers in the Thistle support. We're going to be in a play-off. We're going to lose it. We've no chance of being promoted despite the existence of that play-off place.

Why don't we just chuck it and chow down on the cornflakes the Naysayers have just shat on?

Also people saying we won't be in a playoff position or go down, form over last 10 games seems different, 4 points from a potential 30 7 goals for 20 against

No I don't expect him to be sacked but we need to get real and realise we are heading to a play off and possible relegation

I think he needs more time and support from the board (signings) but for months folk on here seem to think we're better than the other bottom 6 teams, we most definitely aren't

The we're still clear of relegation zone crap is total nonsense the team needs to dig very deep now or we are going back down to a league containing Rangers, Dunfermline, Livi, Dundee/Falkirk that's going to be a bloody tough league to get out of

I am not sure what your point is, you appear to be of the view we aren't better than the other bottom 6 teams probably a view shared by most rational fans. So to say we are in a relegation battle and need to dig out every point is pretty much standard fare for most bottom 6 teams.

If we do ultimately go down then despite who is in the old 1st Div we will have a fight on to get out. You don't need a crystal ball or a negative disposition to realise that just look at our recent history. If you did you would be better prepared to deal with the current position and get behind the team every week to help them dig out the points.

Back the team and cut out the stupid negative crap that rises every bad result. Let's deal with play offs when we are actually in one, managers are people and this one doesn't deserve or need the rot that some are spouting. He is learning his trade and we enjoyed the first part of his development, it's got tough so let's get rid, great way to treat someone who hadn't failed yet.

• Like 8

The players let us down today not Archie!

Lawless and Higgy both missed sitters. I think Archie set us up today to win the game and we really should have won today due to the quality of the chances we created. Archie got it right IMO but Lawless missed an open goal and Higgy should have done better with his chance.

I refuse to get too down-beat about this result. I realise it's the same old story of playing really good tippy tappy stuff round the box with no end product but I think today was different. A tiny bit more composure and we would have had this one in the bag. Killie are a 1 man team and were extremely lucky today...

On a less positive note,

Baird is not good enough! ATS needs to be dropped for a couple of games and Conrad and Gabby is not as good a pairing as Muirhead and Gabby...

County's record in the same period?

County. Have 7 points, 10 goals for, 19 goals against

Hearts have 5 points, 7 goals for, 19 goals against

Killie have 12 points, 13 goals for, 19 goals against

We're currently the out of form team over the last 10 games

Edited by Norgethistle

The one thing that annoys me about Archie (I say one in loosefull terms), is his persistence with Elliot. He doesn't fit our style and just doesn't provide enough on the ball. Not knocking Elliot, he's vastly improved, but his capacity at our club should be an impact player for 20 mins or so at the end of a game. Thats his most effective role. Forbes deserves more of a chance.

Certainly no plan B just now.

County. Have 7 points, 10 goals for, 19 goals against

Hearts have 5 points, 7 goals for, 19 goals against

Killie have 12 points, 13 goals for, 19 goals against

We're currently the out of form team over the last 10 games

How can you conclude that when we've gained more points than Hearts and the same number as County?

Anything we can get in the next 3 games will be a bonus. RC have some hard games as well which is good.

January will be a massive month about whether we can stay in the league or not.

Hearts away, RC home, Killie home. St Mirren away and the transfer window open.

A lot of points up for grabs against our rivals.

The same team that bottled it in the cup final and basically froze with the occasion

We'd be playing against a team used to winning and scoring with the confidence high in that team

And 2 days later, basically won the league by beating Morton ?

I wasn't expecting anything different this season and don't know whether we would win a playoff or not, but even after today 's result we are no nearer relegation and only a point further away from 7th.

There is no way we should be even thinking about getting rid of Archie. He hasn't even been in the job a year yet and got us back on track and over the line into the top league for the 1st time in 10 years.

• Like 1

How can you conclude that when we've gained more points than Hearts and the same number as County?

Over the last 10 games we've not, that's what you asked to compare county's form with ours when I quoted our 4 points from a possible 30

These teams form is better than ours over last 10 games, our form at the start was fantastic whilst Killie and County's was poor, theirs has improved (especially Killie) whilst ours has nosedived

I don't think Norge is calling for Archie's head. Infact I think he's defending him by suggesting there is no scouting network.

I think his main point was towards all these folk who thought we'd cruise survival, push for a top 6 and generally lorded us better than the bottom 6 teams.

I think his point is that those with delusions of grandeur get realistic and reAlise we have alwTs been and are in a battle. And as such, get off the managers back, because we should expect there will be bad times.

That's what I took from it.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 2

Over the last 10 games we've not, that's what you asked to compare county's form with ours when I quoted our 4 points from a possible 30

These teams form is better than ours over last 10 games, our form at the start was fantastic whilst Killie and County's was poor, theirs has improved (especially Killie) whilst ours has nosedived

Apologies, I misread your original post re. form and thought we'd picked up 7 points in that time.

And 2 days later, basically won the league by beating Morton ?

I wasn't expecting anything different this season and don't know whether we would win a playoff or not, but even after today 's result we are no nearer relegation and only a point further away from 7th.

There is no way we should be even thinking about getting rid of Archie. He hasn't even been in the job a year yet and got us back on track and over the line into the top league for the 1st time in 10 years.

What I'm stating is I don't know if the team has the experience for a winner takes all game, yes we effectively won the league against Morton but even if we'd lost it we still had enough fuel in the tank with the rest of the fixtures to win it.

There is no way do I believe Archie should be sacked but I think we need to realise we are battling to avoid 11th and I wouldn't put us favourites to do that, a lot of fans keep stating even after our poor form that we're fine, no worry about relegation. I don't carry that optimism, let's prepare for a Lambie style "dig for victory" escape where we battle and scrape through.

The board if serious that Archie is the man needs to support him with a scout or 2 and the funds to keep us in the league (general at back and driving midfielder).

Ross County, Killie & St Mirren & Hibs will all strengthen in January we need to be able to do the same, but my big fear is that as the club has no scouting network Archie's job is so muck more difficult and his choices limited

• Like 1

I don't think Norge is calling for Archie's head. Infact I think he's defending him by suggesting there is no scouting network.

I think his main point was towards all these folk who thought we'd cruise survival, push for a top 6 and generally lorded us better than the bottom 6 teams.

I think his point is that those with delusions of grandeur get realistic and reAlise we have alwTs been and are in a battle. And as such, get off the managers back, because we should expect there will be bad times.

That's what I took from it.

Spot on.

The board if serious that Archie is the man needs to support him with a scout or 2 and the funds to keep us in the league (general at back and driving midfielder).

This 100%.

I've said this time & again on this forum but the fact that Bobby Dinnie retired and no one replaced is nothing short of disgraceful for a club in the Premier League.

We missed the boat over the Summer in the transfer window & if the same thing happens this window then my feeling is we'll be looking at a play off spot.

I know it's not easy to get players in but I feel we should have deals more or less in place to go when the window opens.

Even the El Alguial ??? deal looks dead but why are the club leaking info on this anyway?

I see Gardner Spiers got the bullet. Don't know of he'd be interested in a scout role but...

• Like 1

Questions would be asked of Archie's future if performances were bad, on the whole they've been pretty decent all season. Today was an excellent performance from the whole team, we really are just missing a final ball/pass/someone to take a shot from outside the area. It'll come, I'm sure of it, we're definitely better than Hibs/County/St. Mirren/Hearts/Kilmarnock but it's these games we need to get the points from to ease the pressure in games that we really shouldn't get anything from.

• Like 1

Questions would be asked of Archie's future if performances were bad, on the whole they've been pretty decent all season. Today was an excellent performance from the whole team, we really are just missing a final ball/pass/someone to take a shot from outside the area. It'll come, I'm sure of it, we're definitely better than Hibs/County/St. Mirren/Hearts/Kilmarnock but it's these games we need to get the points from to ease the pressure in games that we really shouldn't get anything from.

We may be a better footballing side but all these teams are getting more points than us, and Hibs & Killie have taken 4 points from us, St Mirren 3, hearts 1. We play County and hearts soon so we'll see how we manage up points wise home and away against all the other bottom 6 clubs.

I agree what you say though we're a final ball/pass long shot away from turning performances to points, the difficulty is identifying and getting the person or persons to make that transition, and without a scout that's almost impossible for Archie to do

We may be a better footballing side but all these teams are getting more points than us, and Hibs & Killie have taken 4 points from us, St Mirren 3, hearts 1. We play County and hearts soon so we'll see how we manage up points wise home and away against all the other bottom 6 clubs.

I agree what you say though we're a final ball/pass long shot away from turning performances to points, the difficulty is identifying and getting the person or persons to make that transition, and without a scout that's almost impossible for Archie to do

These teams had a bad start, we're having a bad middle. If we add a few players in January, continue playing well we'll get enough points to be safe as I don't believe any of the teams around us will pull away (Hibs might) but St. Mirren/County/Killie will be there come the end, as we probably will but we'll hopefully be just above one of them!