Free Bus Service To Celtic Match

Sinistar

Celtic are providing a free bus service, for both sets of fans, from various points throughout Glasgow to the game on New Years Day.

Full details here - http://www.celticfc....target=free_bus

Am sure most would prefer to use a Jags supporter bus (as would I) but this may help those who can't easily get to a Jags bus pick up point.

I'd rather be dragged to Parkhead by the baws than go on a bus with that pond life.

Sounds like a potentially good idea and the fact they've constructed it in a manner open to Thistle fans as well as Sellick seems laudable to me. However, while I would be fine meeting up with and travelling with Sellick fans that I know, I'm not so sure I would fancy joining a bus full of them who I didn't know at all! Could be a good wind-up opportunity though.......

Family gig organised for NY day anyway and no other chance to meet my brother up from England. Disappointed to be missing the game as it would be an easy pre-anaesthetised walk from Cambuslang via some dodgy boozers......

Sounds like a potentially good idea and the fact they've constructed it in a manner open to Thistle fans as well as Sellick seems laudable to me. However, while I would be fine meeting up with and travelling with Sellick fans that I know, I'm not so sure I would fancy joining a bus full of them who I didn't know at all! Could be a good wind-up opportunity though.......

Fair enough. Each to their own.

Family gig organised for NY day anyway and no other chance to meet my brother up from England. Disappointed to be missing the game as it would be an easy pre-anaesthetised walk from Cambuslang via some dodgy boozers......

Would be better if Thistle were actually jointly involved in this.

Seems to me too much of a Celtic thing with cuddly playthings Thistle invited along out of courtesy.

Any Thistle fan going on one of these things needs their heid looked.

• Like 1

If there was public transport on Wednesday would Thistle fans not be travelling on the same buses as Celtic fans. The only difference I can see is that it is free..( and that Celtic have taken the initiative). Credit where it is due.

As an aside and not Thistle related, but there is free transport during the Commonwealth games for spectators. I guess none of you guys criticizing this will be taking advantage of that offer

• Like 1

I think this offer is patronising in the extreme. Wouldn't touch it myself.

There will be limited public transport on the day and the club we're playing (which is minted by comparison to us) is spending a small amount of their Champions League income on providing buses from a number of points which are open to both sets of fans. What is "patronising" about it?