Old Team Photo: Who's The Goalie?

Jaggernaut

I think I have them all bar the 'keeper:

back row l to r: Campbell, Muir, ?, Cunningham, McKinnon, Gibb

front row l to right: Flanagan, McParland, Duncan, Roxburgh, Gallagher(not 100%sure).

Wouldn't mind a few of those in the current squad!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PARTICK-THISTLE-FOOTBALL-TEAM-PHOTO196667-SEASON-/370976020096

You are right with Gallagher, Jagger and yes that was a very good jags team. The goalie has baffled me as well. This was round about the Niven/Ritchie era but it aint them and it isnt John Arroll. There was a goalie called Gray in the 60s but pretty sure he had dark hair. Bamboozled!!

Edited by Lindau

By a process of elimination, McFedris and I think it's at Celtic Park 1966.

Trust me, you don't want to know the score!

Above may be what is technically known as mince!

Gray - season 65-66?

McFedris is a good shout; it definitely ain't Arroll. Thanks for the warning; I'll desist from looking up the score.

It's def not Arrol. He had dark hair. Arrol was with us a few years later than that. Auld dropped Rough and Arrol was playing so well some thought he might but broke his leg in the Cup at Motherwell (75 I think) and never recovered. Jackie Campbell went in goal and played a blinder in a 0-0 draw. Rough came back and in a year was Scotland keeper

It's def not Arrol. He had dark hair. Arrol was with us a few years later than that. Auld dropped Rough and Arrol was playing so well some thought he might but broke his leg in the Cup at Motherwell (75 I think) and never recovered. Jackie Campbell went in goal and played a blinder in a 0-0 draw. Rough came back and in a year was Scotland keeper

Spot on. I reckon if Arrol hadn't broken his leg we would have made the first season of the "new" Premier Division. Roughie would never have got back.

Jeez I rarely missed a game home and away with my dad in those days but I can't remember a goalie called McFedris!

He may have been a nice guy but be very glad you don`t remember him playing as he appeared three times for us in 1966-67 and conceded 16 goals! Two away league games against Celtic (2-6) and Motherwell (0-5) as well as a pre-season friendly against Airdrie (2-5)!

I was at the Airdrie game the week before McFedris played against Celtic and George Niven was injured (bad face/eye cut or the likes). I was also at the 0-5 games he played in against Motherwell at Fir Park later that season. As I recall (and I was very young so the passage of time might be playing tricks) in the Motherwell game he prowled all around his penalty area like an agitated hyena - absolutely no confidence at all and evidently very nervous. I cannot recall the goals but seem to remember that the entire team was very poor that day so perhaps his nervousness was induced by a lack of confidence in his team-mates as well as himself.

Cracker! What a glittering array of talent that was sitting on the front row. I'm now slightly confused, though, as I thought we wore the V-neck tops before we went with the crew-neck ones. I think it says 1970 on the text.

Billy Richie on the back row and no sign, yet, of Roughie. I'm sure more observant posters will be able to identify the other two keepers.