Enough Is Enough

Jagman1876

If Craigan is played once more Archie can go. this boy would struggle at teams such as Albion Rovers or even clyde, its new underpants time if he takes more than two touches, he cant hold the ball to take the pressure from his defence. he is that bad teams have stopped marking him. thistle have no midfield with Craigen on the pitch. never mind the "Archie needs help" excuses, he needs to get tough and sort out our middle of the park.

• Like 1

Middle off the park is crying out for experience Archie has that in Mark Kerr but he is in the stand

And if you had seen him play in his few performances so far you would agree that he would have to improve on those performances markedly to get a game. If Archie doesn't rate him ahead of the guys currently playing then why would he select him?

Bad selection! I admit it Kerr didn't play well but either has our midfield lately. We all know Kerr can play he should get another chance.

So he should play just because he's not one of the current crop that are playing and because he used to be a decent enough player? Sorry. I'll go with the choice of the guy who sees him train day in, day out.

Have to say that if there was no place for Mark Kerr tonight then there's no place for him at Thistle. I'm a fan of Craigen but he has to be pressing higher up the park. We were crying out for a proper sitting midfielder to control. Tough to lose Bannigan, Welsh and Osbourne all at once. I also, unfortunately, am not sure that Erskine, Lawless and Higginbotham can all play in the same team, but would love to be proved wrong.

Some fans just have it in for Kerr!!! Some players have been shocking this season were players who haven't even played a spl game get pelters. Craigen is shocking end off!!! Balatoni is shocking!!! Muirhead isn't great!!!! Elliot isn't great!!! Frobes isn't great!!! Piccolo got thistle poty month dropped instead of balatoni!!!! Go on and on!!! Baird should be on the bench before some of the players on it and that's a fact!!!

• Members

Really, really struggling in midfield now. Going forward, we are more than fine, plenty of choice, but that's it. Bannigan seems to be getting singled out for some harsh cautions and so is likely to run up some more suspension time this season. Ossie is out for the season and Welsh's injury problems aren't looking too clever either. One more signing required.

ETA Seems to me that Lawless was shunted out to the right to accommodate Erskine tonight and that definitely isn't his best position. Higgy's best position is wide left and so we can't really sit Erskine in there and so we have to sit him in the centre to get the best out of him which is where Lawless plays his best football.

Not really sure what we can do with what we have at the moment, but I feel Craigen definitely needs to sit a few games out. The other big problem we have is down our right wing. Elliott's form has faded lately as well, but he did offer SOD some protection, I don't think that's in Lawless's game. Maybe we should try McMillan at right back and push SOD forward into midfield just to try and stiffen that area of the park up a little with the best players we have.

Although Dools and Taylor paired up well together tonight, I can't see Archie pairing them from the start in an away game. So I expect to see 5 in the middle again on Saturday and I'd like that 5 to be, SOD, Lawless, Bannigan, Erskine and Higgy.

Edited by Willjag

I think what some fans are angry at is Archie still going for a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1, regardless of who is fit or who we are playing. All good managers (most in english premiership and even ones like Butcher, McCall etc) play different formations for different games. To try and win the game through tactics. At the moment, we have no tactics and other teams do - it is why we can't see a game out.

Craigen is a good player, but simply shouldn't ever be playing a holding midfield role. If he wanted to play the same formation he should of stuck with Muirhead in with Fraser, or McMillan who was 1st div team of year with Dunfermline in the holding mid position. Either that, or change it about and only play one holding mid in Fraser along with two midfielders infront, then the three up top in a 4 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 diamond. Granted it is unlucky to have Bannigan, Welsh and Osbourne all out but Archie has to try something. As soon as I saw the teamsheet it was clear we would lose. The frustrating part is this is not in isolation - every game he picks our best eleven available and tries to wedge them into a formation implemented by McNamara for a team in the first division at the top - not a team in Premiership at the bottom.

I genuninely think our players have shown that they are good enough, and while Archie cant help if a player doesnt follow up a penalty or miss places a pass, he can work on tactics to help improve our chances. I don't see at the moment what it is Archie does, other than put out a team.

I think another manager could do better with that team but I'd give Archie till the end of the season - and that is only due to him being thistle through and through - any other manager I'd want them replaced. We will be in the playoffs, I have no doubt about that, can we beat Hamilton or Falkirk over two legs - I'd hope so. Second season syndrome will be tough to deal with next year. I believe we will stay up through play offs, and Archie will still be here next year.

• Like 2

Every player needs 3-4 run before getting judged he's no had that!!! Craigen was loaned to forfar think that tells its own story. I'd have Kerr before craigen all day

So by your logic, being loaned out to an "inferior" team is a sign that a player is crap? So Doolan and Bannigan getting loaned to Clyde and Ayr United repectively proves they are crap! Away and start putting a bit of reason into your posts. Dimwit that you are.

• Like 1

Archie again blaming the players inexperience and saying we need to start better.

We heard that same shite excuse months back. You signed them, you set the team up, you get them fit, you motivate them, and you blame them when they get beaten.

These 3 home games have been an unmitigated disaster.

If St Mirren destroy us then he needs to start taking the blame himself.

Archie again blaming the players inexperience and saying we need to start better.

We heard that same shite excuse months back. You signed them, you set the team up, you get them fit, you motivate them, and you blame them when they get beaten.

These 3 home games have been an unmitigated disaster.

If St Mirren destroy us then he needs to start taking the blame himself.

Two draws and a narrow defeat hardly qualifies as an unmitigated disaster. I remember unmitigated disasters, such as shipping 11 goals in 2 home games (St Johnstone and Gretna). This hasn't felt the same, I must say.

Two draws and a narrow defeat hardly qualifies as an unmitigated disaster. I remember unmitigated disasters, such as shipping 11 goals in 2 home games (St Johnstone and Gretna). This hasn't felt the same, I must say.

Agreed not an unmitigated disaster but lets be honest no home win all season!!!!m (so far)

Well another toothless performance at home. Archie really needs to produce something, anything on Saturday because its our last real chance for a while to get three points. The three games after this don't make pleasant reading and we will b lucky in all honesty to pick up a single point. I think we would benefit from a change in manager but let's all face it, there's no chance the board will sack Archie.

I don't get this "if we go down we won't get back up again for ages" line. Because Rangers will be there? Because Hearts will be a strong side? I'm not sure Rangers will be that good - well as long as wee fat Sally's in charge of them. They won't run away with the championship the way they have with the lower divisions as long as he's manager - first because it's a much harder league and second because they won't have as strong a squad. Hearts will have a decent strong young side for that level (as long as they come out of admin OK) and at least one other club will challenge.

But even if Hearts and Rangers are favourites to go up (one via the play-offs) that will only be one season. The playoff place means we'll have more chances of going up after that - and if the club keeps long term planning to the fore we will continue top bring in and develop good young players playing an attractive brand of attacking football which should see us progress and eventually get there. The playoff place also means we've still got a chance of staying up - as others have said, if we're on form and don't have injuries/suspensions to key players I'd back us to beat any of the teams we're likely to face. My only worry is loss of confidence if we go on a run which gets us detached from the pack: but it's up to the manager - and us backing the team - to see that doesn't happen.

• Like 1